Forum › Big Girl and Small Girl (Web ver.) discussion

5%20(1)~2
joined Dec 13, 2019

How many years did this girl fail lmao

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

So... Is there going to be a continuation?

The second part was just released today, so time will tell if this gets expanded upon further.

Elixhono
joined Apr 28, 2020

I remember one time talking down to a customer thinking she was a kid and asking where her mom was, she was actually an adult apparently and the lady who went out to grab the wallet was her younger sister. Also have seen adult like figure in middle schoolers, so I guess if the girl in the manga is a 6th grade, it is plausible to look like that.

But this is a manga, strictly fiction, let keep it that way. Also lol, been a while since I seen prison bait.

last edited at Aug 3, 2020 10:02PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Manga and anime ages make no fucking sense, that's just how it is.

Fiction starring kids quite often has them behaving a few years older than they ostensibly are. Avatar and Song of Ice and Fire both has this (Game of Thrones show aged up most of the kids 2-4 years.) HPMOR had an allegedly 11 yo Harry Potter behaving more like a precocious 15 yo in my opinino.

Anime/manga just has a lot of kid/teen protagonists.

That said, this is pretty unusual (if the first impression is accurate; maybe Honda jumped to conclusions.)

(HPMOR = Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality, famous fanfic.)

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

...............well shit

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

This is like the opposite of the 100-year old vampire loli trope.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This is actually a very common trope in manga.

Just like you have the adult lady who looks just like an underaged loli, you also have the grade schooler who (due to a precocious growth spurt) has the looks and the body of a foxy sexpot bombshell, with bigs boobs and a bubble booty. I've read dozens of stories with this premise, both shoujo and shounen, oneshots and long series.

I remember one where the MC (the adult-looking kid) falls in love at first sight with a cool, hunky sarariman in his mid-twenties. She thinks it's hopeless... but then this other girl (her best friend and classmate) tells her that, with her looks, she has a chance: all she has to do is pretend to be a grown-up! With the right clothes, accessories and makeup, she can pass for a super sexy twenty-year-old woman! And so, long story short, MC gives it a try and it works like a charm: the guy falls head over heels for her. And even though the truth is eventually discovered, he forgives her and they start officially dating with the blessing of her parents. Oh, btw, did I mention that this manga was published in a shoujo magazine for little girls? That's Japan for you, lol.

I think this is the first time I do find this trope in a yuri story.

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

What.

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

Please tell me that this is gonna be a series

38611606_p02
joined Feb 17, 2019

Not as weird as this one

joined Jun 12, 2019

Oh no

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Precocious puberty is a thing, and even some girls who go through puberty at the normal age can experience such rapid and extreme breast growth that they would qualify for large cup sizes that are rare even among adult women (like, adult head size!) before they even hit age 13 (which typically causes a lot of medical problems due to their bones and muscles not matching pace, thus leading to chronic pains and permanent deformations). Japanese Fictionland is just applying the same kind of breaks from reality that it applies to a lot of other things (e.g. why people often get punched a hundred meters into the air with little to no lasting harm, despite how vastly unrealistic that is).

THIS.

Thanks for the info and insight.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Hopefully it's serialized.

joined Sep 11, 2014

M-Maybe she got held back like 5 years??? Or she was in a coma for her youth???

joined May 11, 2016

You don't know how bad I need this to be a thing trend in manga.

joined Mar 8, 2016

Yeahhhh,.... this is one of those things that only works in manga (like the aforementioned loli adult women, etc.) due to the simplification of drawings (not to mention the suspension of disbelief). In real life I don't care how early you hit puberty, an adult is not going to mistake a child for a college student.

Also, I dunno if school starts later in Japan, but in the US sixth grade would be 11-12, not 12-13.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

what? how?? why???

joined Nov 27, 2017

0 to nope, I'm gone so damn fast.

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

I'd like to think I have a high suspension for disbelief when it comes to manga, but you can't just draw an adult, throw a backpack on them and say, elementary schooler.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I'd like to think I have a high suspension for disbelief when it comes to manga, but you can't just draw an adult, throw a backpack on them and say, elementary schooler.

"Hold my sake"
- manga authors, probably

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The moment she started to guess her age, I knew where this would be going... :D

Not the first time we had a switcheroo like this

Was immediately reminded of this as well, yes. And also a bit of this.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Man the hormones they put in milk these days

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Nobody is mentioning "Recorder and Randsell", I'm disappointed. This isn't anything new so I don't understand why some people are freaking out in these comments. That series had an anime back in 2012. Basically it's about an elementary school student that looks like an adult man, and he's constantly getting into situations where the police are almost arresting him.

Also JoJo has some super manly teenagers.

"Hold my sake"
- manga authors, probably

This. Plus it's fiction, the author can literally do anything. The author's imagination is the only limitation of writing fiction.

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

It's obvious, she got held back a grade or 5

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

This would've been way more believable in a more fantastic setting, like Azuki and Coconut from Nekopara, you can believe it because they're different breeds of catgirls that develop differently from humans. It feels way too forced when there isn't an element to make it believable.

Fiction logic makes almost anything believable to me. I've seen far weirder things than this in mundane day to day life fiction in both Western and Japanese entertainment. I again don't know how this one-shot is breaking people's minds.

Edit: Main thing when reading fiction is that I never expect it to be bound by the rules of my own reality. Maybe life in this fictional world that the author is writing about is different than my own, after all why not? It's entirely born from the imagination of the author.

last edited at Aug 4, 2020 6:22AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.