Forum › Even Though We're Adults discussion

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

From the first chapter to now, poor Akari.

At last something we can all agree on hehe

last edited at Jan 1, 2020 4:00PM

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Everyone's typing up whole english analysis essays here, whereas my normal ones made for assignments suck so much

Lolz, I know right. I'm so jealous of them, I wish I was that good.
Great chapter, the sister finding Akari had me on the edge of my seat, but I was hoping for an unrealistic catfight. Lastly, I still don't know if the husband is bad or not, so I'll wait to judge him, especially since I suck at picking up stuff that's not explicitly stated

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Is this going to continue?

DoctorStrangelove
System-shock-shodan-featured
joined Mar 22, 2018

Missing this series

KangaNoodles
_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Is this still a thing? It's been while is all....

It deserves to get licensed, but I miss this series. Also is "All Grown Up" the name they're gonna go with? Cause if so, that sounds terrible in comparison to what it's already called.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Also is "All Grown Up" the name they're gonna go with? Cause if so, that sounds terrible in comparison to what it's already called.

Perhaps the official translator is privy to information on future developments that's inaccessible to bootleg scanlators.

Also is "All Grown Up" the name they're gonna go with? Cause if so, that sounds terrible in comparison to what it's already called.

Perhaps the official translator is privy to information on future developments that's inaccessible to bootleg scanlators.

I suppose so, but it just doesn't have that ring to it, oh well though, it wouldn't be the first time when the people who license manga choose some unfitting official title, like "How Do We Relationship?", for "So Do You Want To Go Out, Or?".

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

I suppose so, but it just doesn't have that ring to it, oh well though, it wouldn't be the first time when the people who license manga choose some unfitting official title, like "How Do We Relationship?", for "So Do You Want To Go Out, Or?".

I still have to understand what they sniffed when they opted for that title.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

I just clicked the news article. It says even though we're adults is the title.

Jpeg_20190102_170347
joined Jun 3, 2020

Oh nooo was this really dropped just because it got licensed? The first volume one only comes out in 2021 ):

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

Late, but:

From the perspective of me who hasn't read it, "How Do We Relationship?" is a way better-sounding title than...that other one. The latter looks like an extremely literal translation that ends up sounding messy and confusing in English. "How Do We Relationship?" provides a clean and concise idea of what the manga will be about.

(I came back here because I just got the first volume of Even Though We're Adults in the mail and realized I hadn't seen this series on the site in a while)

droidsurlookingfor
R2d2
joined Mar 29, 2021

It's like watching a car crash in slow motion, I'm seeing them fly through a windshield.

joined Oct 22, 2021

Welp bought the avilable volumes. If you are tight on money and don't want to buy stuff that was already scanlated, chapter 7 is middle of volume 2 (at least in the kindle version)

last edited at Jan 23, 2022 6:54PM

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

I see volume 4 is about to be released soon.
Anyone reading this have any comments on whether it's worth getting?

joined Jan 3, 2020

I found Volume 2 and 3 to be enjoyable. It's all complicated, messy, and shockingly realistic.

If you liked the first 7 chapters, then you will like the stuff up through Volume 3.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

^
Thanks, good to know!

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Volume 4 thoughts

Unlike a lot of men in yuri stories, I don't think Wataru is a bad guy. But that's kind of it. That's all I can really say about him. He has nothing going for him. It's obvious the marriage is dead, and no matter what he or his mom want, which I assume is stability for him and not having a bad image for her, they can't revive it. Akari was the trigger, but Ayano is done with Wataru. It sucks that Japanese laws are such that he'll make it difficult for her, but I'm hoping he eventually realizes that there is nothing to save there and makes it easy on her.

As far as Akari and Ayano, it is kind of funny how often Akari emphasizes that she has no idea why she's so into Ayano, but maybe that's kind of the point. It's an attraction, it doesn't have to be rational. And unlike a lot of married women, this one actually wants to divorce her husband for her. That's gotta count for something.

I'm enjoying this story a lot. I didn't particularly like Aoi Hana, so I'm glad I gave this a shot because I like it a lot.

last edited at Sep 5, 2022 12:23AM

joined Oct 22, 2021

I've read volume 4 and 5 and...

1. Starting vol. 4 it seems as if the majority of the story is about side characters. Their plot therads do go back to affect MCs... but I just don't care as much about them as I do about the 2 main FMC.
2. Related to that... I hope it doesn't go the annoying way, but end of vol 5 does scream "unnecessary plot elements"

Also, related to flowsthead comments about the husband
I wouldn't even think about it without reading your comment, but in general guys in this manga go from completly meh dudes, to a bit scumbagy. Not that the women are not scumbagy a bit as well... but they are scumbagy for love, and because of societal pressure, while guys are scumbagy more because of their own intentions, and less self-reflective. It does feel a bit as if the author wanted to make MCs appear less... morally questionable, so she is making everyone else more of an asshole I guess?

last edited at Nov 17, 2022 2:26PM

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

Other than the husband. The women in this show are horrible. I understand, that it's not easy but they're so insufferable, acting like they're victims or not in control. They are, they're just horrible at making decisions. They talke through their problems and refuse to do anything to resolve them, they deserve every struggle they get with their relationships, yikes. Ew.

Yuri_book_club
joined May 11, 2023

I just read everything from volume one to six. These two women really are first class idiots. Especially the actions of Akari in volum six makes me want to see the series end with her being with someone else. I mean what is wrong with her.

To reply you must either login or sign up.