Forum › You Are My Angela discussion

Someroughclipping
joined Aug 28, 2019

That was an oddly happy ending. I was at least expecting something like her own wounds on her neck and back not disappearing or she herself started sprouting little wings from her wounds or something. Oh well.

Guk-hwa
joined Sep 11, 2018

People make mistakes and their partner may suffer, but that doesn't mean the relationship can't be mended.

you have to actually make amends and change, though, which she doesn't

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

So many comments of people not being able to handle the story. Please read more books.

joined Nov 27, 2016

Nice, that comment about her being kind of heavy, also nice. It’s details like that that make murasakinos story’s so great

joined Feb 24, 2019

People make mistakes and their partner may suffer, but that doesn't mean the relationship can't be mended.

you have to actually make amends and change, though, which she doesn't

It's also been less than a week. We don't know if she has changed or made amends because this is a short epilogue. We don't even get an answer to what she'll do if the wings grow back. It's all open to the reader's interpretation and I'm optimistic about it all.

joined Jul 26, 2016

FWIW the MC seems pretty shocked and appalled by (and apologetic of) what she did, plus doesn't seem to even really know why she did it. Curiously it's like she's the one still in shock about the whole thing while Angela seems to be not only already over it (aside from being understandably a little grumpy over the whole "painful and scary as all fuck" part) but also gives the impression of having far better insight on the whys.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Codependency in a nutshell. This is not a happy ending, and everything is not going to be ok. But I appreciate this fictional take on something very real.

joined Dec 30, 2018

I feel like I'm too young and stoopid to know what just happened.
Gonna probably re-read this later.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Now I get what the title truly means, you have to be a fucking saint sent by god himself to forgive someone who literally cut your limbs off with a box-cutter preventing you from ever flying again, and still loving them afterwards.

Their relationship was pretty toxic at times to be honest, this is some deep level of codependency, but it was one hell of an interesting story too!, and hey, as long as they're happy and live a good life with one another from here on out, I might give this one a second read to understand it to a larger capacity, good shit here.

last edited at Jul 25, 2020 3:51PM

__toshinou_kyouko_yuru_yuri_drawn_by_namori__943f8c23512b1acef28d53ce169c5909
joined Apr 24, 2020

Ah yes, here it is, Murasakino once again cutting me deeper than that box cutter did

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

I'm uh, still concerned but hey.

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

From
"impossibly light"
to
"kind of heavy"

That's the most depressing transition in the story for me, because it implies she'll never grow her wings back.

Another great juxtaposition (Is this the right word here?) is that the Angel's wing scars healed completely in only a week while MC's are, rightly so since she's human, still there. I genuinely think MC is the one that suffered the most in this.

Anyway, thanks for translating this book, Murasakino is wonderful and I hope to read more from them in the future.

joined Jul 26, 2016

It's an abnormal relationship in a particularly literal meaning, after all :v

joined Jun 12, 2019

Idk how I feel about it

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

huh

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

So some people think it's fine to cripple someone as long as you're forgiven?https://www.britannica.com/science/Stockholm-syndrome

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

So some people think it's fine to cripple someone as long as you're forgiven?https://www.britannica.com/science/Stockholm-syndrome

I believe that the implication is that fear of abandonment by those we love most can cause us to act brashly and in ways that are extremely hurtful to those same loved ones. And that while we can be forgiven our sins, they will never be forgotten, and often the burden of knowing that you've caused such pain in your moment of selfish fear can cause you more pain and deeper scars than those of the ones you've hurt.

At least that is my interpretation of it.

joined Jul 26, 2016

So some people think it's fine to cripple someone as long as you're forgiven?

Not sure if strawman or just clumsy hyperbole...

joined Oct 27, 2018

I guess it's supposed to be metaphorical? But, I'm not good with metaphors, so to me it's just horrific.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I'm guessing the wings are supposed to represent something but I'm not sure what

I thought of stockholm syndrome as well but this page tells me the author wasn't really aiming for that but rather what shadesofgreymoon was explaining

1203458995b2ff8ee5cec38cf6845353
joined Jun 16, 2020

Damn that was kinda rough

1203458995b2ff8ee5cec38cf6845353
joined Jun 16, 2020

I feel like I'm too young and stoopid to know what just happened.
Gonna probably re-read this later.
same

joined Jun 30, 2016

Physiologically speaking, maybe her wings and been extremely light represent her total pure innocence, naivety and disconnection from the world(angel) and so the backstabber, afraid that someone might steal those things from her, cut her wings down and made her a human, notice that at the end she said that she is kinda heavy; just a thought.

joined Jul 26, 2016

^pretty sure that's symbolism and nothing to do with physiology...

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

That was brutal. I once saw a documentary about a couple studying bears in Alaska. They ended up being eaten by one of the bears they were studing. It took 20 minutes for the bear to kill them. The whole thing was cought on an audio recording. They played a small sample in the documentary. I got the same chills from the panels of the bloody feathers falling as I got listening to that recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=uWA7GtDmNFU&feature=emb_logo

Yep that's the one.

i live in alaska i remember when that happened. ppl get eaten by bears here all the time though tbh, especially tourists who go on hikes and underestimate the situation and danger.

edit: they actually played the recording on the radio when it happened btw, super grim shit to be playing on public air like that, and i was shocked they did it o.O

last edited at Jul 25, 2020 6:09PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.