Forum › You Are My Angela discussion

Iconnn
joined Jun 29, 2020

... this manga is definitely a metaphor for an abusive and/or toxic relashionship isn't it? gotta say i didn't expect that

joined Feb 24, 2019

... this manga is definitely a metaphor for an abusive and/or toxic relashionship isn't it? gotta say i didn't expect that

I'd say it has more to say about loneliness and codependence than abuse, since this isn't really focusing on the suffering of the one being physically hurt. The focus is on the emotional pain of the one who is afraid of losing their companion.

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

The marks on MC'sback make me think she also got wings but someone or herself cut them for some reasons and that's the same reason why she cut the wings here. Or maybe she had someone close who also got wings and leave her and so she cut the wings so the angel can't leave her.

Uh? I think it's pretty clear Angela did those marks while MC cut her wings, right?

I don't think that's how nails can inflicts wounds.

So you mean to tell me the one on the cover https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/you_are_my_angela_ch0_5#1 is MC and not the Angel? Because your theory would make sense if that were the case.

I'm still inclined to believe Angela did that to her while she was cutting her wings; the author probably wanted to show that they're both suffering and they make each other suffer too.

last edited at Jul 22, 2020 3:30PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

The marks on MC'sback make me think she also got wings but someone or herself cut them for some reasons and that's the same reason why she cut the wings here. Or maybe she had someone close who also got wings and leave her and so she cut the wings so the angel can't leave her.

Uh? I think it's pretty clear Angela did those marks while MC cut her wings, right?

Bruh. She just cut off two limbs. With a box cutter. Unless those wings were jello on the inside that would have been a very literally painfully slow and messy process.

Angela had ample time to gouge her back right down to the damn bone.

Screen%20shot%202020-07-16%20at%209.34.01%20pm
joined Mar 25, 2020

HoLY SHIT

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Goddammit anyway, why did this have to end exactly like I thought it would? JFC, fuck me sideways with a jackhammer. SHIT.

WHY?

joined Nov 27, 2016

I'd say it has more to say about loneliness and codependence than abuse, since this isn't really focusing on the suffering of the one being physically hurt. The focus is on the emotional pain of the one who is afraid of losing their companion.

I agree, it could definitely be interpreted to becoming a toxic and unhealthy relationship because it did have a similar possessiveness and desire towards the end, but I don’t think that was the main point as the emphasis was more on MC’s fear of abandonment and being left alone based off her worry and the constant scenes of Angel girl looking towards the sky like she was about to leave. Angel girl’s own unsure response to whether she wanted to fly or not shows her own fear of leaving the MC. What I don’t get is what she meant about the MC wanting to fly or about wanting a plain life since being with the angel girl meant she kind of wouldn’t?

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

What the fucking fuck on a fucking fuck stick.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

o_O

Oh, well okay.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

This took a very.. drastic turn.. I.. wow. I didn't check if there's more or not after this but.. wow

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Why

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

Why indeed. This is bullshit.

Cronch
joined Aug 4, 2013

Shit just went from 0 to 100 real quick

joined Jun 12, 2019

I knew it’d be sad but god this took a turn wtf I just idk how I feel rn

joined Jan 22, 2015

Hang on to your hats folks, we still got the prologue!

never wheat shredded eat
joined Aug 21, 2019

i knew it was going to happen when i saw the tags

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

^ yeah, too obvious.

Images
joined Jun 11, 2020

Only shit i wasnt expecting the stabby stab even tho there were some questionable tags

last edited at Jul 22, 2020 6:45PM

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

Even if the epilogue becomes "It was just a dream" it's too late. It needs Yandere Tragedy Ryona & What the fuck am I reading but I'm not going to bother with the Tag Suggestion. Disability too.

Page 88 should be: "Only weird people would want to read a story like this."

last edited at Jul 22, 2020 7:05PM

Tumblr_plvohxwphc1ulm2g8_540
joined Sep 25, 2015

So you mean to tell me the one on the cover https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/you_are_my_angela_ch0_5#1 is MC and not the Angel? Because your theory would make sense if that were the case.

I'm still inclined to believe Angela did that to her while she was cutting her wings; the author probably wanted to show that they're both suffering and they make each other suffer too.

If you look at the hand holding the flower over her you will see a shadow of a wing, so I think that's the route the author is going for.
Edit: As in the main character had wings in the past and somehow lost them.

last edited at Jul 22, 2020 6:59PM

Img_20200530_075027
joined May 29, 2020

beautiful.

joined Jun 19, 2020

Yep she took her wings........that sad but iiiiiiiiiii icantttttttt

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

D': That took a wild turnnn; quite bloody. Yet it is definitely an artistic choice rather than purely shock factor.
So many symbolss, what do they stand for... Toxic love? Attachment?

Or, a type of gnawing jealousy that grows after an unrealistically perfect person proclaims their love for you? Once they receive what they need, like a shelter to grow their wings in, will they fly away? Will that love fade? Might as well just take her wings away before they mature, so she has no choice but to stay. Yet, both will suffer for this.

Will wait for the epilogue.

Kawaii_yuri_lover
Img_20210622_185500
joined Jul 13, 2017

Ooooowh... That was unexpected...

Fatvhoyx0am9qa0
joined Jan 20, 2019

wat

To reply you must either login or sign up.