last edited at Jul 7, 2020 6:31PM

identification-projection-preheterosexuality
Please%20actually
joined Mar 13, 2018

Friday...

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

When I saw her long hair last chapter I was afraid the father died or living separately, but she managed to change his mind? Way to go! I'm happy for her.

Jpeg_20190102_170347
joined Jun 3, 2020

I'll never understand all this drama with graduating that always happens in anime/manga
Like... why are they acting like they will never see each other again? Just fucking add your friends on facebook and hang out from time to time lol

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

This is going to be worse than Nanashi no Asterism.

KangaNoodles
_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

They've been preached to so much that they now can preach as well, mission accomplished

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Muffin posted:

I'll never understand all this drama with graduating that always happens in anime/manga
Like... why are they acting like they will never see each other again? Just fucking add your friends on facebook and hang out from time to time lol

How many high school friends do you still talk to?

Life goes on.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

This is going to be worse than Nanashi no Asterism.

Impossible, seeing how they've actually solved quite a few problems they had and confessed their feelings in this one, while that one essentially went back to exactly where it started.

Jpeg_20190102_170347
joined Jun 3, 2020

Life goes on.

Yes, life goes on, but not instantly. I didn't stop talking to my friends the second I left high school, it took years, and I still talk to my best friends lol.
These girls know eachother since kindergarden and are saying how important they are, this "We will never meet again" mood makes zero sense. I can't take it seriously.

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

Because that's not the same thing at all. It's definitely not the same as school times where you're almost always in some level of contact with each other which reaffirms that connection constantly. You need to make specific plans to see each other, which conflicts with schedules, and if you're going out of your way to get together, just hanging out and doing nothing is almost never a thing. Your interests start to diverge from one another and suddenly you are speaking apples and oranges to each other. One week turns into a month, and can turn into a year of putting off getting together. Losing a thing that gets you together definitely changes things a lot.

People move on, whether they necessarily want to or not. Hell, my little sister moved just 40 miles away when she turned 18, and we used to be practically attached at the hip growing up, but I see her maybe once a month in person. We text a lot and talk to each other on the phone so it's not the biggest loss, but it's still a bit sad. Of all the friends I had in my school years, I've managed to stay in close contact with only one of them, and that's just because we ended up as roommates for a long, long time. Granted school for me was like 17 years ago, but it only took about 3-4 years to lose touch with all of them. They all had their own lives going in wildly different directions, and none of them even live in the same state anymore. The things we enjoyed that often brought us together started to become less and less important in our lives which was another dividing force. I made new friends in my adulthood and the rest was history.

My sister's friendships are much of the same. She is still in light contact with a few highschool friends, having graduated 7 or so years ago. I suspect the more connected nature of modern times played a bigger role in keeping those connections a little longer, but she definitely doesn't feel even remotely as close to them as she once did.

So yeah, it's a very real thing that happens. Long distance relationships suffer for these same reasons.

I don't think characters that bring this up seriously expect the person to forget them the day after they graduate, but rather want them to both feel the same level of friendship in the future as they do now.

last edited at Jul 8, 2020 9:43PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Muffin posted:

It's quite common to lose contact with friends from high school. I only talk to like three of my friends from high school myself. I have like 5-6 others added on places like Steam but I basically never talk to any of them. And the three I do talk to is fairly rarely itself. Maybe a few times a month at most. And the same is fairly common even for more extroverted people in my experience. My sister's way more social than I am and she's not in contact with too many of her high school friends either.

joined Jul 29, 2019

Life goes on.

Yes, life goes on, but not instantly. I didn't stop talking to my friends the second I left high school, it took years, and I still talk to my best friends lol.
These girls know eachother since kindergarden and are saying how important they are, this "We will never meet again" mood makes zero sense. I can't take it seriously.

welp you need to believe since life is always unpredicted. I mean you can't think people same as you. some maybe have some problems to contact back although ady friends for so long. Even my best friend from kindergarten and primary school ady lost in touch after I leave the town like 7 yrs ago. They do make gc for our batch and added me but then later when I tried to suit myself in the group, there's me suffocated with lots of things that happened in new middle school. it's a waste and kinda sad. I left the gc. lingering feeling for them when I was in high school ady gone.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Honestly, I'm just kinda glad that this incredibly flawed manga gets to end with some level of dignity.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

...I've come to talk with you again...

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

That chapter title scared me. (Whew)

last edited at Jul 21, 2020 7:04PM

joined Aug 22, 2019

Surprisingly reasonable time skip ending so far? I can't say I love the manga on the whole, but at least the author is wrapping things up and not leaving too many loose ends.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

I should reread this bc I don't remember the girl in the last chapter. Also it feels sad they didn't show them atleast hanging out in a bar or something bc I would have loved seeing them talk about their highschool selves and now that there grown up. I don't mind if they're not together I just wanted to see them both living happy lives especially with everyone else.

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

So what was that ending about?

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

I don't remember the girl in the last chapter.

That's Hamuro's shut-in sister. He dressed as a woman at her favorite restaurant to be someone she could confide in.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

So what was that ending about?

A massive and steamy turd.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Well, it hasn't fully ended yet

Madame_Firenze
76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

This sucks lol

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

I haven’t read this manga in months but this chapters ending had big “confession to high school love at class reunion” energy so thats probably to be expected if there’s more

I’d like to think Sensei ascended into pure light and returned to his home planet after that monologue

last edited at Jul 21, 2020 11:48PM

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

I haven’t read this manga in months but this chapters ending had big “confession to high school love at class reunion” energy so thats probably to be expected if there’s more

I’d like to think Sensei ascended into pure light and returned to his home planet after that monologue

Bahahaa, back to planet preach

Jpeg_20180629_180702
joined May 19, 2018

My only fault with this manga is that every chapter the characters just repeat the same lines with slightly different wording and it's kinda irritating like I thought you had already learned this lesson in an earlier chapter but I guess not..

To reply you must either login or sign up.