Forum › Lily Marble discussion

Good
joined Jun 14, 2016

F

Riamu
joined Aug 28, 2018

This series was awesome while it lasted, awful that it had to end on such a sour note.
F

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

2020 just doesnt let up, does it.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

OH NO
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT
WHAT THE FUCK???

last edited at Jul 9, 2020 3:05AM

joined Nov 27, 2016

Would they have gotten together if this hadn’t been axed? I had been thinking that they would have, but of all the couples if someone was going to not work out I would have said they would be the most likely from the way the author wrote them.

I mean maybe the author had planned for at least one couple to end unhappily for some reason. The last chapter of them was Moe calling the guy and Hikari going after the new boss so it’s possible this was gonna happen anyway. But If so the series getting axed probably only made the het end even worse cuz it was just so sudden with like no closure, especially that one line from Hikari about the chocolate??? Bitch, you knew??

Miyu and Nozomi though... from the way they were written they were clearly the author’s favorite in my book and I have a hard time believing she could just have them not get together. Hopefully the rush job in this chapter is to give them more space in the next, and something can be done to show us what was supposed to happen there.

I’m hoping that’s what it’s for, too. If not, I’m pretending the last two chapters don’t exist
I did like the manga overall, tho

last edited at Jul 9, 2020 6:43AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Honestly, I feel like the author planned this ending from the start and not because it was axed. It was always a bit weird how we never saw Hikari's thoughts and her reciprocating more than just the pretend couple thing, contrary to Moe.
Imagine getting another 30+ chapters only for an anon kun coming towards the end and we having to endure Moe cheering for Hikari and getting this fake happy ending of her being happy for Hikari.
Also from the way this chapter was written, it feels like the author is trying to pass this off as something positive?

I'm glad it was axed.

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

I had a major hunch Hikari x Moe would actually never happen. They gave me the vibes that they would eventually end up with men. But still, there was this tiny, tiny hope that maybe they'd end up together...the author royally destroyed that. Well, press F for Moe. Eagerly waiting for the next chapter to see the author fuck up Miyu x Nozomi too.

A word of advice: Don't write a Yuri manga if you are going to give the couple a het ending. Just, do the community a favour, and fuck off. Please. Go indulge yourself in writing purely het crap.

No what the hell, Moe please pull a "Run Away With Me, Girl" rn. Fight for your girl, cause she looks like she don't even wanna be there.

Harsh that Moe has to go through this.
sigh Lowkey knew it was a bad sign when I saw the "several years later" thing, but I still had hope. Still do, though I guess we shoulda seen it coming since Hikari was always chasing guys in the workplace. But if they can't happen, then make Miyu and Nozomi happen.

last edited at Jul 9, 2020 3:46AM by

KangaNoodles
_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Ummm... I didn't like that.... The Adonis bit was nice tho
There's still more so maybe something Yuri will happen

last edited at Jul 9, 2020 3:54AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

A word of advice: Don't write a Yuri manga if you are going to give the couple a het ending. Just, do the community a favour, and fuck off. Please. Go indulge yourself in writing purely het crap.

The author was already starting to promote het stories since months ago.
This is bad marketing, you can't advertise het stories to a yuri audience. But I don't know, maybe the audience in Japan is different, because in this chapter's comments I didn't see anyone complaining about the ending, and we're just foreigners that won't even usually buy it.

It's a low hit, because even for a het ending stories, it is always developed a certain way. Like for example My Unrequited Love. It's yuri but at the same time the author has made it clear what it's about.
The worst you can do is develop them as a couple so people start shipping them, and then do a 180 degree turn.
This manga was in my top 3 of all the yuri that I've read, so it's really disappointing. I'll pretend this didn't even happen, but I'm not coming back to read it again.

last edited at Jul 9, 2020 3:57AM

joined Dec 18, 2018

No what the hell, Moe please pull a "Run Away With Me, Girl" rn. Fight for your girl, cause she looks like she don't even wanna be there.

I don't think this is actually an unhappy end, for either of them as characters (obviously I would have preferred them to end up together).

However, if Hikari was actually unhappy, I don't think things would have gotten this far without Moe confessing, or dragging Hikari out of the relationship any way she could. Also I get the vibe that Moe has probably moved on as well, I do wish we would get to see that she has found someone as well and isn't alone.

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

The Moe-Hikari couple give the same feeling that Ayano-Miyoshi in VE. I just hope they don't end like this. (Well I actually hope virgin's empire never ends)

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

I don't really care about het stories because it honestly brings a bit of a sense of reality to yuri mangas. Actually the "everyone, even the fridge, is gay" are the ones putting me off.

What I do understand is that these authors don't have the slightest passion about their work and will gladly drag it around until they are axed and forced to give it a crappy ending. They have to make a living out of it and one more chapter is one more month paying for your living expenses so you don't really have an ending planned or anything. It is not exclusive to the yuri genre, just more prevalent. That's why I prefer oneshots wrapping it up nicely (and maybe a followup or something) and leaving you wishing for more than these with rushed and crappy endings.

This manga wasn't even any good and it wasn't for the het.

Yuri mangas that last for a very long time are extremely rare and are usually extremely good. Most of the ones trying to pull an extended run end up getting axed. The good ones are in the ~5 to ~20 chapters range.

Isn't Tadokoro axed already?

last edited at Jul 9, 2020 4:23AM

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Hm...I still like the Adonis parts, but eh. Shipping characters only to give them the het end is a bad end for me.

joined Nov 27, 2016

Uh wait...for real??? Where’d you see that?

last edited at Jul 9, 2020 4:35AM

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Just guessing, the last release was 8 months ago.

Looking East
45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I had a major hunch Hikari x Moe would actually never happen. They gave me the vibes that they would eventually end up with men. But still, there was this tiny, tiny hope that maybe they'd end up together...the author royally destroyed that. Well, press F for Moe. Eagerly waiting for the next chapter to see the author fuck up Miyu x Nozomi too.

Your mistake was assuming this was a yuri manga. Just because a romance manga has one or more yuri couples in it doesn't mean every couple in it is gay. I mean we knew both these characters were either strait or at most bi from the very start, I don't see how people are screaming bloody murder that this was some sort of crazy unforeseeable ending. Without a TON more development first there was no real way to make these two a believable couple living happily ever after.

How rushed this ending definitely sucked but that isn't on the author but rather the publisher.

Rushed ending aside this was a solid manga. I wish it had been given enough time to end on its own terms.

last edited at Jul 9, 2020 4:54AM

I don't think this is actually an unhappy end, for either of them as characters (obviously I would have preferred them to end up together).

However, if Hikari was actually unhappy, I don't think things would have gotten this far without Moe confessing, or dragging Hikari out of the relationship any way she could. Also I get the vibe that Moe has probably moved on as well, I do wish we would get to see that she has found someone as well and isn't alone.

Yeah I said that, cause obviously I also wanted them together as well. But yeah Hikari probably is happy for real, and not putting up a front(as we see in yuri mangas, when one of the love intrests is getting married). And this being their ending as characters wasn't totally out of the equation, there was like a 75% chance, but as I said before, I still had hope that it wouldn't happen.
Sucks due to this being cut we couldn't see Moe do any of that, so I kinda doubt we'll get to see her find someone in the end, though yeah it would be nice to see her happy with someone.

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

multi-plot, multi-characters, multi-arcs, sometimes become
problematic and stale

Canno's Kiss and White Lily for My Dearest Girl, Takashi Ikeda's Sasameki Koto, for me these works pulled off multiple plots and subplots and characters deliciously. Maybe it's not just the mangaka themselves. Most literary works that are published and much-regarded have passionate editors, proofreaders, etc. Like a well-oiled A-team.

Img_20200401_132631
joined Jun 17, 2018

I was hoping they woke up and all be a dream WHY ISN'T IT A DREAM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Just guessing, the last release was 8 months ago.

Ah, you mean the serialization. I believe it's because the serialization is just the same version as the web comic so Yuri Ichigo stop work on it. It's not axed or anything.

joined Jun 7, 2019

I really feel disappointed with the ending, why do they have to put het in a yuri manga?
I really hate when they do that, there are literally millions of straight comics, why do they have to ruin the ones that aren't?
If you say this, some people treat you as biphobic or something like that, but the reality is that if you come looking for a gender, you expect them to give you that gender ... I have no problem with heterosexual relationships (I am bisexual) but if out of nowhere they do a time jump where the girl ends up marrying a random guy, clearly I'm going to feel unsatisfied
the message of the manga is supposed to be: "if you fall in love with a girl it won't work anyway, the girl will end up marrying a guy"
because it makes me feel sick '-'

joined Jun 7, 2019

this
or if you are gonna make a bisexual character,make it like ,i don't know,Amelia or Teddy of grey's anatomy

joined Jun 7, 2019

The author was already starting to promote het stories since months ago.
This is bad marketing, you can't advertise het stories to a yuri audience. But I don't know, maybe the audience in Japan is different, because in this chapter's comments I didn't see anyone complaining about the ending, and we're just foreigners that won't even usually buy it.

It's a low hit, because even for a het ending stories, it is always developed a certain way. Like for example My Unrequited Love. It's yuri but at the same time the author has made it clear what it's about.
The worst you can do is develop them as a couple so people start shipping them, and then do a 180 degree turn.
This manga was in my top 3 of all the yuri that I've read, so it's really disappointing. I'll pretend this didn't even happen, but I'm not coming back to read it again.

yeah,exactly In my unrequited love they put a straight couple from the beginning and it is made clear, it does not make a 180 turn throwing overboard 30 development chapters

joined Jun 7, 2019

I don't really care about het stories because it honestly brings a bit of a sense of reality to yuri mangas. Actually the "everyone, even the fridge, is gay" are the ones putting me off.

What I do understand is that these authors don't have the slightest passion about their work and will gladly drag it around until they are axed and forced to give it a crappy ending. They have to make a living out of it and one more chapter is one more month paying for your living expenses so you don't really have an ending planned or anything. It is not exclusive to the yuri genre, just more prevalent. That's why I prefer oneshots wrapping it up nicely (and maybe a followup or something) and leaving you wishing for more than these with rushed and crappy endings.

This manga wasn't even any good and it wasn't for the het.

Yuri mangas that last for a very long time are extremely rare and are usually extremely good. Most of the ones trying to pull an extended run end up getting axed. The good ones are in the ~5 to ~20 chapters range.

it doesn't bother me that there are straight couples but it does bother me a little if they do it with the main couples

To reply you must either login or sign up.