Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

Img_20190107_054630
joined Jan 26, 2019

Is this what happiness feels like ?

Nagihono4ever
Dsisterism_021_015-1-1
joined Oct 7, 2015

Holy shit I'm so happy. Honoka is so cool too, just needed someone to help break her shell a little. These two have amazing chemistry ❤

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I swear, most of the girls in this manga don't seem to have a working libido.

Adolescence is a time of bursting sexuality and raging hormones. The brains of these girls should be going overdrive with sensual urges. And yet, most of them show zero sexual reaction to physical stimuli: even when they are alone in the house with their love interest and have just shared a kiss on the mouth, they don't seem to be aware of what comes next.

Some are exceptions. There's Nao, the pervy one, and then Mio and Shizuka; they're the biggest exceptions. Kaoru, big vamp that she is, must have a sexual interest in all those girls she seduces. And Mari actually has had onscreen orgasms, helped by Yuu... who strangely never seems to be turned on by the sadistic things she does (she does enjoy herself, yes, but it appears to be purely cerebral).

And what about the others?

Everyone else's hormones seem to be out of commission. [¬_¬]

I think I'm probably going to piss some people off with this, and sorry if I come off as kind of wet-blanket-y, but...They aren't love interests? I mean, not officially, for the most part. Ai and Chie clearly think of themselves as a couple, and there's MIo and Shizuka, and maaaaybe Mari and Yuu? Although they've never really put it in words, so they might still be skating on plausible deniability. Most of the others are, officially, just friends who are skirting the line.

There's a thing that allegedly happens in girl's schools where girls "play at love" with other girls, which is to say they entertain homoromantic relationships but internally many of them expect it to end when high school does. Most yuri manga treats this as an obstacle to the "main couple", (see "Run Away with Me, Girl" for a prime example) but for a series like this, that doesn't focus on a single pairing that much, It kinda ends up feeling like a sword of Damocles over the entire series.

Not saying many of these pairings don't "mean it", but a lot of them seem to be holding back on committing to something they don't expect to last. Generally, high school relationships don't last past college anyway, but I expect gay relationships coming out of a girl's school have a particularly bad batting average. That doesn't mean things are gonna go bad here for any or all of the pairings, it just depends on the kind of story the author wants to tell. (I expect the series will just end with everybody still in high school so the readers can imagine whatever ending they want for their favorite ships) But it does kind of inform the expectations the characters themselves might have.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

All that said Eli is so gay for Honoka it isn't even funny.

Adolescence is a time of bursting sexuality and raging hormones. The brains of these girls should be going overdrive with sensual urges. And yet, most of them show zero sexual reaction to physical stimuli: even when they are alone in the house with their love interest and have just shared a kiss on the mouth, they don't seem to be aware of what comes next.

Some are exceptions. There's Nao, the pervy one, and then Mio and Shizuka; they're the biggest exceptions. Kaoru, big vamp that she is, must have a sexual interest in all those girls she seduces. And Mari actually has had onscreen orgasms, helped by Yuu... who strangely never seems to be turned on by the sadistic things she does (she does enjoy herself, yes, but it appears to be purely cerebral).

They're useless lesbians.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Ogm this chapter killed me, it’s too cute I can’t handle it

Inkede_li-convertimage%20(1)
joined May 10, 2018

Why do we have a Bread tag tho

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

All that said Eli is so gay for Honoka it isn't even funny.

Hehehe, you said it.

Cronch
joined Aug 4, 2013

Seeing Honoka happy is truly heartwarming

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Not constantly talking about and acting on your libido =/= not having one. Japan doesn't exactly foster a culture of women/girls being open and upfront about their sexual needs and wants and that is reflected in its media. Also, this is one of the horniest non-smut works on this site I don't know what you're smoking.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

i need Eli in my life

Aand_this_one_too_by_shiniez
joined Jan 19, 2013

I like how we get to see how far Honoka's Eli comfort threshold has risen from previous days.

In a way this whole thing is kinda like our own personal soap opera.
The Young and the Yuri Restless

Or in my mind a Yuri Version of Friends TV show.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Kaoru, big vamp that she is, must have a sexual interest in all those girls she seduces.

Iunno, Kaoru always gave me the impression her more casual dalliances are a pretty "the journey is the destination" type of deal - it's all about the flirting, her more carnal interests seem to be restricted to girls she's serious about (only Word of God will be able to convince me her and Shizuka didn't fuck like rabbits back when they were still together).
Which could be seen as weird sort of romanticism I suppose; Kaoru's head is clearly a rather strange place in general.

Doubt she'd object if her girl du jour wanted to take things physical tho.

And Mari actually has had onscreen orgasms, helped by Yuu... who strangely never seems to be turned on by the sadistic things she does (she does enjoy herself, yes, but it appears to be purely cerebral).

This just in: local tsundere tends to put on facades. She just seems to strongly prefer getting off on watching Mari squirm and hey, if that works for them who am I to complain? ┐( ツ)┌

joined Jun 5, 2020

Eli x Honoka gives me life. I originally wasn't a huge fan of them, but they sure have become absolutely adorable. I enjoy how much Honoka has grown as a character.

last edited at Jun 27, 2020 9:21PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Wait a second, Eli is a guy's name... hmmmm Ally might be a better short name for Alicia though?

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Wait a second, Eli is a guy's name... hmmmm Ally might be a better short name for Alicia though?

Her name is supposed to be Elisha, iirc. Elisha Somerset. At least, that's how I usually see dem translators transliterate it.

Also, this is one of the horniest non-smut works on this site I don't know what you're smoking.

Isn't she positing that these girls need to show moar sexual drive? That's the meaning I got, I thought it was crystal clear.
There's this manga called An Easy Introduction to Love Triangles that I'm following, a scene from the latest chapter comes to mind: a high school girl who's in love with a middle school girl agrees to give her a lesson in kissing, and they start snogging. After a few soft kisses, the older girl gets so excited she can't control herself anymore and starts giving the other one real deep pasionate kisses. The younger girl is surprised at first, but then her body flows to respond and she hugs the older girl and starts returning the kisses. I think Jeanne would have liked for Eli and Honoka to have this kind of reaction after that accidental kiss on the lips. At least, that's what I believe was the point of her op.

This just in: local tsundere tends to put on facades. She just seems to strongly prefer getting off on watching Mari squirm and hey, if that works for them who am I to complain? ┐( ツ)┌

Those two pages... HAWT!!!
Amusing that Yuu only shows those strong reactions of arousal when Mari turns the tables and takes an active role (no matter how minimal). As long as Yuu remains completely in charge, she's always cool as the North Pole. I seem to recall old debates about this paradoxical dissonance of behavior ― and what could be inferred from it about Yuu's true sexuality.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Only Word of God will be able to convince me Kaoru and Shizuka didn't fuck like rabbits back when they were still together.

And even then, atheism is always an option. o3o

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier or not, but looking back at the main series page it looks like several of the recent (since Chapter 155) Ayano x Miyoshi chapters have been tagged with Idiot Couple. Very appropriate.

joined Apr 20, 2013

AAAAAAAAAA that Kiss

Unnamed
joined Sep 11, 2019

how to describe happinessand fluffliness?...Chapter 216....man so wholesome

432027e9-d7bf-4855-8947-d2e8c86accea
joined Jun 3, 2018

I made that recipe this morning for breakfast to try it out. It wasn't bad, like a toasted ham sandwich with egg on it. For some reason I expected it to be a bit more interesting, though I guess it was fun preparing it.

last edited at Jun 28, 2020 3:27AM

Yuriburrito
joined Apr 8, 2019

I also tried out the recipe. Toasted ham and cheese sandwich with egg on it is great. It's not anything special, but it's not supposed to be. Just a quick and delicious little brunch food.

I will say that the crispy crust contrasts well with the soft bread. The soft bread also sponges up all the runny eggyolk, which is great.

But maybe if it had a ketchup heart drawn on by my lesbian wife it would have been the most delicious thing ever.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I've been pronouncing it "Elly" FWIW.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I've been pronouncing it "Elly" FWIW.

I know two girls (an Eleanor and an Elizabeth) who go by “Eli,” pronounced with two long vowels.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

I think this manga stopped being (mainly) echi loooong ago.

To reply you must either login or sign up.