Forum › Cat Maid and Mistress discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

This is how yuri should be. Cute, fluffy. No aaaaangst crap, no bisexual garbage mixed in, no men anywhere, not even a single mention of them, no overused "but we're both girls" crap. Just pure, cute yuri.

Biggest fax

Ew, puritans.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This is how yuri should be. Cute, fluffy. No aaaaangst crap, no bisexual garbage mixed in, no men anywhere, not even a single mention of them, no overused "but we're both girls" crap. Just pure, cute yuri.

Biggest fax

Ew, puritans.

Maybe the Pure Purity Puritans and the On-Panel Penetration Or It’s Not Yuri factions will have a war and wipe each other out.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Maybe the Pure Purity Puritans and the On-Panel Penetration Or It’s Not Yuri factions will have a war and wipe each other out.

Hope springs eternal.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Biggest fax

Ew, puritans.

Oh, I'm sorry for not being into garbage like you.

Close Minded.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yuri should be as pure as possible,

Says who?

The history of the yuri genre shows that good to great stories can run the gamut from pure fantasy fluff to tragic (and non-tragic) realism and everything in between.

joined Mar 5, 2016

Biggest fax

Ew, puritans.

Oh, I'm sorry for not being into garbage like you.

Close Minded.

Yuri should be as pure as possible, why would you want men, societal prejudices, bisexuality, and anxiety mixed in?

because those are all things that actually existing gay women have to deal with and so art that is grounded in their experiences will likely include one or more of those things

that's not to say that pure "fluff" works don't have their place, nor that you can't prefer that style, it's just that you're in the wrong for demanding that a broad category of works shouldn't include things that are part of the lesbian experience.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Says who?

The history of the yuri genre shows that good to great stories can run the gamut from pure fantasy fluff to tragic (and non-tragic) realism and everything in between.

Why do you want men, societal prejudices, and bisexuality in yuri? Yuri doesn't need that garbage to be great, and this series shows that.

You like what you like, and that’s fine—you might try to not sound like such an uptight reverse-sex-fetishist when you do it.

last edited at Jun 24, 2020 1:36PM

Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

this series reads like someone who has very specific tastes and knows exactly what they want in a manga, and i can respect that. very cute

joined Mar 18, 2016

Says who?

Why do you want men, societal prejudices, and bisexuality in yuri? Yuri doesn't need that garbage to be great, and this series shows that.

You like what you like, and that’s fine—you might try to not sound like such an uptight reverse-sex-fetishist when you do it.

You like what you like, and that's fine (not really since you're into garbage).

I'm still confused on why Bisexuality or men are garbage? I thought the whole point of the rainbow was to say that everyone under it should be allowed to love and be who they want to be.

If a group wanting equality begins to discriminate within itself and those outside of it, can that really be called wanting equality?

On a lighter note aw. This series is just awww.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Says who?

You like what you like, and that's fine (not really since you're into garbage).

I'm still confused on why Bisexuality or men are garbage? I thought the whole point of the rainbow was to say that everyone under it should be allowed to love and be who they want to be.

If a group wanting equality begins to discriminate within itself and those outside of it, can that really be called wanting equality?

On a lighter note aw. This series is just awww.

I could not care less about the damn rainbow or equality, all I care about is pure yuri.

What a narrow mind

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Quietly waits for breadandfish420 to receive their well deserved ban

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Quietly waits for breadandfish420 to receive their well deserved ban

Tbh, I'm surprised I haven't been banned yet haha

Cheers, take care.

Edit: I don't like clearing threads or posts, but the biphobia on display in an otherwise cute story & thread is something I hope we all agree need not be perpetuated further. No posts by other users will be removed. Thanks.

last edited at Jun 24, 2020 2:41PM

ckretaznmayden
__sakura_futaba_persona_and_persona_5_drawn_by_kion_kun__d693cf24f18f5565a7cc666e236df3fc
joined Apr 9, 2019

I can't wait until they get a keyboard.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The weird thing is that the gone-and-soon-to-be-forgotten poster was not wrong about the main point—this is truly adorable fluff. The world would be by no means worse with more stuff like this.

But JFC . . .

joined Apr 8, 2018

The weird thing is that the gone-and-soon-to-be-forgotten poster was not wrong about the main point—this is truly adorable fluff. The world would be by no means worse with more stuff like this.

But JFC . . .

The real main point was that they wanted more yuri and less real life lesbian/bisexual/whatever stuff. There is a big difference and they shouldn't be put together nor considered even remotely similar, this one for example is yuri, but since it doesn't represent any possible real situation isn't any of the acronyms in the lgbt real life stuff. It's just yuri.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

But JFC . . .

The real main point was that they wanted more yuri and less real life lesbian/bisexual/whatever stuff. There is a big difference

The fact that this is a completely untenable distinction that bears absolutely no relation to the corpus of “women loving women” literature on this site is the source of the “JFC.”

This story is not connected to stories about “real life” lesbians because—wait for it—cat girls don’t exist. Not because it’s “pure yuri.”

last edited at Jun 24, 2020 7:15PM

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

I love how we can see the author's art skills improved. Looks so nice now.

Amimaidprofile
joined Mar 5, 2019

shame we don't get to see the 'punishment'

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

i gota say calling your wife a maid is pretty rude

Untitled172-1
joined Jan 4, 2017

oh wow the author's art improved a lot, tons of kudos!

joined Jan 14, 2020

i gota say calling your wife a maid is pretty rude

No kinkshame

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Teasing the cat until she becomes the top is so fun and sexy.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

This series just disappoints me, but I can't articulate exactly why. I like catgirls, I like maids, I like cute fluff pieces, I like yuri. The art is good. So I should like it... but every page just leaves me feeling mild disappointment.

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

Not that it matters, but I wonder what time period this is. If they're not a modern role-playing couple I mean.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

This series just disappoints me, but I can't articulate exactly why. I like catgirls, I like maids, I like cute fluff pieces, I like yuri. The art is good. So I should like it... but every page just leaves me feeling mild disappointment.

For me it's cuz there's just not enough, I like everything about it too, but the length, we don't get to see much it's kinda upsetting :(

To reply you must either login or sign up.