Forum › I Favor the Villainess discussion

joined Jul 22, 2014

Hmm how volumes of manga do you think we would get from the novel?

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Manga? They made this into a manga? Oh yes.

georgeoswalddannyson
joined Aug 21, 2019

Mhm... I haven't read the LN, but I have read a lot of good things about this story. But to be honest, this intro was very... Meh.

So I ask those who have actually read ahead; does the story gets better? Because on premise alone, Bakarina has the victory assured. I know is mean to compare stories, but these two are so alike that this one seems way simpler by mere contrast.

You could try to read up to chapter 15 of the WN, that was the chapter that made me stick with the story despite the flaws. They're pretty short chapters so it shouldn't take long

georgeoswalddannyson
joined Aug 21, 2019

I kinda looking forward to it, but little spoil please
Did our MC always like this, give us some masochist vibe till the end?
I didnt like S&M

She calms down a bit but she's always a bit of a masochist. Claire isn't much of a sadist though

Dont_debate_me
joined May 28, 2018

Well...its unique but I'd hardly call getting bullied romantic. This girl is kind of, well fucked in the head

Steam-community-screenshot-dream-team-demon,-witch-
joined Nov 15, 2016

It has been a long time since I've been this excited that I couldn't sit still reading this

Hololive%2032
joined May 1, 2018

I'm so f***ing excited that this LN finally got adapted. I hope they can make the ending a bit better this time, because the last one was a bit... forced, but I love this LN so much, and I'm more than happy to read it as a manga.

joined Aug 21, 2017

I like Rei's directness

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

I kinda looking forward to it, but little spoil please
I didnt like S&M

Rather than liking Claire's 'abuse', Rei just loves Claire. As one would expect, Claire slowly warms up over time, and Rei loves the warm Claire just as much as she loves the Claire we see here.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

does the story gets better?

...It gets more story. Honestly Claire and Rei's interactions are my favourite part of it so I like the early stuff the best, but there's going to be a lot of intrigue and worldbuilding that takes things in a rather different direction

Yep. But Claire settles down, so the S&M vibes don't entirely last

Rei loves the warm Claire just as much as she loves the Claire we see here.

One of the first chapters of volume 2 has Rei nostalgic for getting bullied...

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Yes! It's here!! I just finished part one of the web novel, and I'm starting on part two. It's one of the best things I've read.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

this is a weird mix of "the real her" and bakarina i kinda like it

last edited at Jun 19, 2020 2:25AM

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Haha what a setting! This looks super silly and funny!

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

The yuri world has waited too long for this manga. Even though I’m not too fond of the art style, it’s still exciting to see claire and rei’s shenanigans from the beginning. I hope the manga will at least cover volume one of the novel, including the schmex scenes

last edited at Jun 19, 2020 2:44AM

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

Looks like the worse version of "The Real Her". I especially dislike that fantasy academy again looks like same old Japanese school. Mangaka was lazy enough to draw literal Japanese uniform for sport. This is just sad. It could be better.

joined Nov 27, 2016

Aaaaaah it’s here! And in no time at allll! Yessss

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

So I ask those who have actually read ahead; does the story gets better? Because on premise alone, Bakarina has the victory assured. I know is mean to compare stories, but these two are so alike that this one seems way simpler by mere contrast.

Yah. This is just intro chapter, it’ll be more interesting. Also, I know it’s difficult to not compare this to Bakarina, but I think you’ll enjoy the story more if you avoid making comparisons. As an MC, Bakarina is infinitely better than Rei (thankfully manga Rei has more personality than novel Rei). But the plot still differs since Bakarina is oblivious to other’s feelings and unknowingly has a harem; whereas, Claire and Rei are endgame from the start. There is lots of romantic development between Claire/Rei, which differs tremendously from Bakarina and most yuri manga

last edited at Jun 19, 2020 2:54AM

joined Jun 6, 2017

Holy shit! They made the LN into a manga. Don’t know how true it’ll stay to the novel, but yuri+isekai? Count me in. Make way you basic het harem isekai tropes! It’s Yuri’s turn muahahahahhaha.

439fd417db3b8250e628d9360cc82281
joined Jun 2, 2019

As an MC, Bakarina is infinitely better than Rei (thankfully manga Rei has more personality than novel Rei).

Ehh, I honestly disagree. I feel Bakarina get more and more boring as the story goes on, while Rei gets better and better.

20265099_331371470609667_965795103732342855_n
joined May 28, 2017

looking for more!!!!!!

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Haughty ojous with drill locks, can't get better than this.

The fan translation of the web novel felt a bit...shaky though. Does it get better? It was hard for me to get into it because of the writing.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

So reading through the first chapter again, here are some of the differences compared to the web novel that I've noticed. Just for reference, the first manga chapter more or less covers the first five web novel chapters:

• Less exposition - unsurprisingly, there's less exposition in the manga compared to the web novel. This leaves out some worldbuilding stuff covered in chapter 2 of the web novel, like how the country they're in was getting corrupt and why the king wanted to introduce meritocracy, among other things. This was mentioned here, just with less detail. Also Misha's backstory of her being old friends with Rei and how she's from a fallen noble house is only hinted at.

• More Claire - this was mentioned by someone else, but Claire's point of view is shown here, such as her reaction to Rei complementing her bullying. In the web novel, her thoughts and POV are only rarely shown, so this is definitely a nice addition.

• First meeting with the princes - the last section of the first manga chapter combines parts of chapters 4 and 5 from the web novel, significantly cutting down the meeting with the 3 princes. Rei's personal thoughts on them, as well as Misha being childhood friends with Yuu, aren't shown here, though I assume those will come up later. Claire's declaration of hate(?) towards Rei was also added in to give this chapter an ending sort-of feel.

including the schmex scenes

God, if they adapted that of all the chapters I'd die.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Haughty ojous with drill locks, can't get better than this.

The fan translation of the web novel felt a bit...shaky though. Does it get better? It was hard for me to get into it because of the writing.

Sadly no, not really.

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

"That haughty, piercing voice"

"All her petty evil doings"

Ojou-sama laugh pose with drills

"She just hits every single one of my buttons perfectly!"

Rei is my spirit animal.

last edited at Jun 19, 2020 3:13AM

georgeoswalddannyson
joined Aug 21, 2019

Looks like the worse version of "The Real Her". I especially dislike that fantasy academy again looks like same old Japanese school. Mangaka was lazy enough to draw literal Japanese uniform for sport. This is just sad. It could be better.

It's not lazyness, it's a worldbuilding detail. The game was made by Japanese devs who wanted the setting to feel European but not alienate their audience.

To reply you must either login or sign up.