Forum › I Favor the Villainess discussion

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

What is the last chapter of the LN? I might read it if the translations are finished too, but Its not clear- they go up to 173?

And why is their an end and epilogue at 112? Is that part one end?

Yeah, everything after 112 are either bonus chapters or the sequel.

last edited at Jun 19, 2020 12:00AM

joined May 25, 2017

WAAAAH rhis is here...

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Ah, so its already getting a sequel - cool. I guess I can safely read part one then and leave the rest till it's done.

Isn't this story kinda like a recent anime? I forget the name but I'ts something about a girl bcoming the villainess in a game world? I've been meaning to watch it once its finished- assuming i dont hear it's ending sucks.

That isn't by the same author right?

I'd love to see an anime of this series- but I wonder if thats likely given a similar show has already been done?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I'm kinda happy to see it here but I did just see the author complain on twitter about pirate sites so I feel a bit bad (well I am subscribed to her Pixiv Fanbox so I am less of a pirate)

Yeah, I saw that too. Do you have a link to the Pixiv Fanbox? It's not linked on her Twitter.

^Ah, so its already getting a sequel - cool. I guess I can safely read part one then and leave the rest till it's done.

Isn't this story kinda like a recent anime? I forget the name but I'ts something about a girl bcoming the villainess in a game world? I've been meaning to watch it once its finished- assuming i dont hear it's ending sucks.

That isn't by the same author right?

I'd love to see an anime of this series- but I wonder if thats likely given a similar show has already been done?

You're right, it's a different author.

I'm not that familiar with it, but this series and the one you're referring to (My Next Life as a Villainess) are both part of a "Villainess" genre(?), which typically involve medieval/fantasy stories focusing on the stereotypical "villainess". They often involve time travel and/or isekai, from what I've seen.

last edited at Jun 19, 2020 12:10AM

joined Aug 10, 2016

AT LAST! But seriously, Sein looks like hes a few minutes away from inventing Duel Monsters.

joined Aug 10, 2016

I'm kinda happy to see it here but I did just see the author complain on twitter about pirate sites so I feel a bit bad (well I am subscribed to her Pixiv Fanbox so I am less of a pirate)

Yeah, I saw that too. Do you have a link to the Pixiv Fanbox? It's not linked on her Twitter.

she said its ok to read online, just don't make money off it and dont claim its an official TL.
https://mobile.twitter.com/inori_narou/status/1273548937819877378

https://www.fanbox.cc/@inori-0

There are a couple of NSFW chapters well it's the same night but one is from Rei's POV and one from Claire's POV on there and you get access to webnovel chapters a week or so before they come out normally

she said its ok to read online, just don't make money off it and dont claim its an official TL.

She also said "Fan translations are not allowed for illustrations or comics.", which means she doesn't want people to read the manga online

Hmmmm

YuriIsLife1998
Screen%20shot%202020-03-21%20at%203.08.23%20pm
joined Apr 25, 2019

The first thing I thought when I saw the faces of all princes was 'Yep, no wonder why Rei fall for Claire instead of them'.

Itwouldbe-yuriscans
joined Oct 30, 2018

Been reading the light novel since it's released... to think it's gonna have a manga! So excited to see Rei and Claire! Super gay!

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

She also said "Fan translations are not allowed for illustrations or comics.", which means she doesn't want people to read the manga online

Not to mention this version is published by Ichijinsha and not Inori.

But! I wouldn't be surprised at all if this gets an anime. It has the potential to have the popularity levels of yuru yuri and citrus (the other two hit manga in yuri hime)

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

i really like the art and i cant wait to get my hands on the physical english volume of the novel. screw saving money.

joined Aug 10, 2016

P.s I like this a lot for a setting but there are so many questions that got skipped over that dont make sense.

What happened to the girl who's body she is in? Hopefully she wasn't just erased! Did she swap with her? That would suck for her lol. Dumped into a woman with a shit job in a world she knows nothing of.. Or is this one of those 'its all in her mind' things? And in the end she wakes up? Thats even worse because it would all be for nothing!

Her friend realizes she has changed a lot- but shouldnt it be clear she is a totally different person? She should have zero memories of Taylors past beyond some basic stuff the game said, and it would be obvious to anyone who knows her right? She also would have little common knowledge of this world - beyond what was in the game too.

She is meant to be the best student, but now some random office worker has replaced her- who presumably would lack all the lessons Taylor has learned at school- no way a royal fantasy academy has common lessons with modern Japan- so how is she gonna not fail at all her lessons?

Maybe some or all of them get answered soon? Not that it hugely matters even if it doesn't bother with the finer points, I can still love the setting and characters and story for what it is.

pretty much everything you've said gets answered later.

The deal with Rei's body is shes basically the same person as the regular MC, as shown by having the same first name as her past life since in the Otome game you have to enter a name for your character. She basically awakened all her old memories of her past life when she heard Claire's voice and saw her.

The deal with Misha is Rei still has all the memories of her current life, just her old life got lumped in, so she's able to maintain the same dynamic with Misha aside from openly lusting for Claire. This is a spoiler though so if you must know, and I warn you this is a spoiler, Misha does eventually figure out that Rei is no longer the exact same person as her childhood friend. Also on an unrelated note I dunno why the manga is saying Misha's last name is Ortho, when that seems closer to another character's last name of Orso, and the web novel had her last name as Yule.

Rei only got into the academy as the best student out of all the commoners because of her magic ability, the character of Rei herself doesnt know anything about things like culture and etiquette that the school teaches as extra for the nobility. As another further spoiler though, and this might ruin the impact of a later chapter if you read this, basically Rei is a super fan of the entire setting and franchise, to the point shes read up on all the lore and history of the world and actually knows more than the average student should. Also the series comments on how theres a lot of overlap with modern Japan since its a game made by Japanese devs.

Sorry for the dump of spoilers, but I didn't really spoil any major plot points in this so dont worry if you saw what you worry might ruin things, it doesnt.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I only dreamed of having an Oooohohohoho desua kind of ojousama as love interest, because, there's so much potential that I can only think it's absurd how long it took to have a real one like this.

And I meant it, because we have villains now as main characters but they're reincarnations of some random guy or girl from Japan so they are only villain in appearance and they always pair with the innocent new transfer student or some prince.

But I can't remember any isekai or any Yuri series where the girl loves prideful the ojou Sama (maid x ojou Sama doesn't count btw... Don't link me touhou doujinshi lo/)

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Wait, already? I just finished the first volume of the WN yesterday!

The girls look about how I pictured them, but the only prince that looks at all close to what I expected is Rod

Pretty solid as an adaptation; the events are mostly the same (a few things are combined), but it's tweaked to fit the format better, and we get to see more of Claire. Biggest difference is making Rei and Claire's relationship more obviously mutual, that scene at the end wasn't in the original

What happened to the girl who's body she is in?

This gets covered later. Much later, if it's in the same place as the original

joined Aug 10, 2016

ah I didnt see that part, thanks for informing me

joined Sep 9, 2016

So there's a manga version...

I only knew of this IP from browsing Seven Seas' site. They have the license to the light novel, with the first volume being slated for release in November.

Product page.

last edited at Jun 19, 2020 1:01AM

joined Dec 28, 2019

This is the first time I've ever seen this and it looks adorable. I can't wait to read more

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

This is gonna be amazing

joined Jun 1, 2016

So it begins, the manga for one of my personal favorites yuri works

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Mhm... I haven't read the LN, but I have read a lot of good things about this story. But to be honest, this intro was very... Meh.

So I ask those who have actually read ahead; does the story gets better? Because on premise alone, Bakarina has the victory assured. I know is mean to compare stories, but these two are so alike that this one seems way simpler by mere contrast.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

does the story gets better?

It's barely gotten through the character introductions. The story hasn't even started yet, so yes, of course it gets better.

Img_20191002_184339
joined Sep 14, 2019

Anime when?

joined May 27, 2020

I kinda looking forward to it, but little spoil please
Did our MC always like this, give us some masochist vibe till the end?
I didnt like S&M

To reply you must either login or sign up.