Forum › Living with My Brother's Wife. discussion

joined Jan 14, 2020

"Yay, we got meat!" Has Nozomi been raising her on tofu?

Total lack of self-consciousness about their physical position; even Shino's freakout at the end was about seeing where the ring 'should' be. I enjoy the story, but I'm not betting much on actual yuri, we're not even at the subtext level now.

joined Jul 26, 2019

Back to square one .... it becomes generic and the smallest detail becomes super drama ...Nothing interesting or exciting is happening anymore, already the previous chapter with the hot water bath, the author lacks imagination … No love story or romance debut, the author remains frozen on this same and eternal drama.

That’s actually how trauma and grief works for people. One day you feel like you’ve mended and you’re ready to move on and the next you’re a weeping broken mess. For Shino the loss of her parents and brother could have left her with PTSD so “small details” can cause these extreme reactions and fall backs to bad behavior habits. Honestly for the level of trauma for both of them they need professional help like therapy and/or counseling. So although it seems kind of redundant the author is capturing the grieving and trauma accurately

The problem is that at this pace its can last 80 other chapters .... always the impression that its can evolve and then .... no! it comes back to what the other thinks without wanting to talk about it .... a simple question "why don't you wear the ring?" is more difficult to say than a declaration of love.
I liked this dramatic side, taking the time to install an atmosphere except that we arrive at saturation, its not advancing and for obscure and imaginary reasons ...
We always end up with the same cliffanger at the end of the chapters, with this dramatic repetitive fall.
I liked the style, you still have to move on, it's still a fiction, we're not going to read another 150 chapters like that.
Normally time always takes effect and heals wounds but there, it becomes too caricatured as a pleasure to stay in depression (even for the author it must be fun as much to insist) ...
It would be nice to use other ways like romanticism, friendship with humor, or a possible separation … And not just this sequence 5 chapters of drama and a chapter with shino his friends to cut.
What it scares me is that we are witnessing its fair on the last 2 or 3 chapters with an end quickly dispatched while the story took all its time stagnating sometimes, repeating itself tirelessly for nothing at final.

For me it is on that shino and nozomi will never be together, the author has definitively chosen the drama side of the non acceptance of the death of the brother and to stay on shino who wants to try that nozomi becomes happy but by doing 'no matter what and avoiding arguing, or hiding things that make Nozomi anxious.
Its will end with a happy end where nozomi and shino will have together finally accepted his death and will each leave on their side to live their own life, wow super realistic, that's what we want in a fiction ...

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

But whatever, we're actually seeing a flashback right now, Shino from the future already told us that things will go terrible at some point and nothing can stop it from happening.

Umm what flashback is that exactly where we get this Future Shino prediction?

The page is this https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/living_with_my_brothers_wife_ch75#16
But what will happen? Will she be married again or will she go to other country maybe a suicide attempt? Aghh i just want a fluffy yuri end, but this suffering is so good!

Also, coming back to this after rereading a bit, I'd describe this as a flash forward rather than describing everything since as a flashback.

Whatever you call it, in the flash forward, they're clearly at Nozomi's parents' place, as they are now (You can recognize the living room here https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/living_with_my_brothers_wife_ch75 as the same one they're in now) So I don't think it's so much that things "will go terrible" so much as "things are terrible now and we're on the brink of a breakdown." So I think you're thinking too big. For one thing, I'll eat my sock if there's a suicide attempt. This isn't that kind of story and I can't see Nozomi going there. She's just dealing with grief, she doesn't have a lot of signs of serious mental illness. Probably she's just gonna have a breakdown, maybe they have a fight over the fact that Nozomi keeps pretending she's fine when she's not. She's not getting married or leaving, she's just hurt and Shino feels responsible.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I'm pretty sure beef is a bit of a luxury item in japan, mostly reserved for special occasions. Rice and veggies, omelettes, soba, and fish are common daily foods, but when you've got beef or pork that's a special meal. From time to time you see characters in manga getting jazzed at the opportunity to eat meat.

Total lack of self-consciousness about their physical position; even Shino's freakout at the end was about seeing where the ring 'should' be. I enjoy the story, but I'm not betting much on actual yuri, we're not even at the subtext level now.

I would disagree, I think we're pretty deeply in subtext territory. Maybe my perceptions are being colored by all the deliberately yuritastic promotional image the author draws, but while it's questionable whether they'll act on it (I mean, Shino is a minor, and the familial relationship definitely makes things complicated) I think there's definitely an attraction between them.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I'm pretty sure beef is a bit of a luxury item in japan, mostly reserved for special occasions. Rice and veggies, omelettes, soba, and fish are common daily foods, but when you've got beef or pork that's a special meal. From time to time you see characters in manga getting jazzed at the opportunity to eat meat.

I think that's just one of those lazy establishing cues in manga/anime storytelling that you're not supposed to take literally. Like someone jumping and shouting "IT'S THE SEEEEEA!!!" at the start of a beach episode.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I feel we were in subtext territory earlier but aren't actively there now.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

They do this in kdramas all the time, too—whether it’s a reflection of everyday culture or a narrative convention, or both, I don’t know. But there are few kdramas that don’t show a variety of meals, and comments about the presence of meat are absolutely standard.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Meat in Japan is more expensive than in most Western countries, but it's also a matter of life style. I mean, if you are from a family that only orders pizza on special occasions, pizza will be nice to have. Or fast food. Or even kids that don't get soda often and love when they get a coke. Doesn't necessarily mean it's about money.

It also needs to be added that (I think) chicken isn't generally considered to be part of this "meat meat meat!" stick; it's the cheap thing you probably get often enough.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Meat in Japan is more expensive than in most Western countries, but it's also a matter of life style. I mean, if you are from a family that only orders pizza on special occasions, pizza will be nice to have. Or fast food. Or even kids that don't get soda often and love when they get a coke. Doesn't necessarily mean it's about money.

It also needs to be added that (I think) chicken isn't generally considered to be part of this "meat meat meat!" stick; it's the cheap thing you probably get often enough.

Except in kdramas--Korean Fried Chicken. For very good reason.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Yeah, I know it's more expensive; OTOH I remember Hayate Yagami buying pork on sale, didn't seem THAT special. Though I also recall a (bad) buffet in Osaka that was all you can eat-ish but a plate of chasu pork was a one-off per customer.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Well shit..they should have angsty as well

last edited at May 29, 2020 5:17PM

1011820_10203495624854953_6088973233617870240_n
joined Aug 29, 2019

Ok, so Nozomi is still going through grief then... Now it is corfirmed, this tough feeling is making thing hard for her. And Shino should help her, but how? What will Shino do? ...
I hope that to get to the solution does't take more than 10 chapters, and maybe then the author can conclude this story as they wish, but pleaaasseee, give us yuri!

KangaNoodles
_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Yeesh..... There's that sad undertone coming through once more.... I'd be lying if I said I didn't love it tho. Ganbere Nozomi, be an onee-chan that can confide in her Shino imouto

joined Jan 15, 2016

So I read until chapter 70... just realize the no yuri tags ... But oh well !!! Bring it on !!!!!!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm perfectly fine with this (not) yuri story, specially the extra chapters that are so immensely ̶g̶a̶y̶ wholesome

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Poor kitty. lol

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Come on manga, just kill me already... I surrender

joined Dec 18, 2018

After this chapter anyone is going to have a tough time convincing me that Shino isn't into Nozomi...

last edited at Jun 10, 2020 12:06PM

joined Jul 26, 2019

Well, what now? I feel like it's been a long time since she's thought about supporting nozomi... What will it be like to go out, smile with her, always eat together, the author doesn't get bored after a while? I hope for a surprise and finally some concrete movement so that we can come to a conclusion whatever it is !

joined Feb 27, 2016

Between this and my unrequited love I’ve had my fill of angst for the rest of my life. I feel like if Shino is aware of her feelings but will never act on them because of how unaware she’s been. Nozomi obviously loves and needs shino but in a super platonic way yuri will prevail tho.

67796623_2919817304757747_5022259989704605696_n
joined Jun 2, 2019

please just give atleast one more certain hint that this gonna be yuri
please i beg you, i can't take any uncertainty anymore :'

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I am not hoping for it to be yuri at this point but can they at least live together forever and not have any guy with them? Lol

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

I am not hoping for it to be yuri at this point but can they at least live together forever and not have any guy with them? Lol

Eternal gal pals?

joined Apr 6, 2013

God help me but I just can't give up on this pairing...maybe see how it goes in another 80 chapters.

To reply you must either login or sign up.