Forum › Miss Sunflower discussion

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I don't know where this is going, but I like Matsuri... a lot

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

I will try......no promises though.

That's good enough. Thank you.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I'm really behind on this compared to everyone else, but I just want to say that the beginning of chapter 6 is pure gold, lmao. Fooled me.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Apart from the character designs, I really get the vibe from Citrus in this manga.

The similarities I found were:

Although I prefer Miss Sunflower tenfolds than Citrus, I still think the latter is of at least a mediocre quality in regards of the story.

me thinks you are undergoing Citrus withdrawal and are secretly an undercover Citrus junkie ;-)

joined May 2, 2014

more more more more !

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

@ciega - hahaha right on! But I just really noticed some of the patterns. Obviously, miss sunflower came first so the one doing the copying is citrus.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Apart from the character designs, I really get the vibe from Citrus in this manga.

1. Miss Sunflower's stern attitude and Matsuri's frank (i.e. Telling MS how much she loves her) and irrational behaviour. Much like Mei and Yuzu.

2. Miss Sunflower gives the vibes that she's into Matsuri but never really does anything about it. She just goes with the flow, although she knows Matsuri's into her.

3. Miss Sunflower is following the past Miss Sunflower's foot steps; Mei follows her dad's foot steps. Both has something they want to do.

Ahaha. I know a lot of Citrus haters in dynasty, so please try not to heavily bash me when you read this comment! I was just stating some of the things I found similar between the two.

Although I prefer Miss Sunflower tenfolds than Citrus, I still think the latter is of at least a mediocre quality in regards of the story.

I dont think its fair to say Miss sunflower gives a Citrus vibe, like the mangaka was basing anything on it, when miss sunflower pre-dates Citrus by quite a few years.. You should say citrus gives you a similar vibe to miss sunflower :)

Images
joined May 22, 2014

1. Miss Sunflower's stern attitude and Matsuri's frank (i.e. Telling MS how much she loves her) and irrational behaviour. Much like Mei and Yuzu.

2. Miss Sunflower gives the vibes that she's into Matsuri but never really does anything about it. She just goes with the flow, although she knows Matsuri's into her.

3. Miss Sunflower is following the past Miss Sunflower's foot steps; Mei follows her dad's foot steps. Both has something they want to do.

Ahaha. I know a lot of Citrus haters in dynasty, so please try not to heavily bash me when you read this comment! I was just stating some of the things I found similar between the two.

I dont get any similar vibe from Miss sunflower. This Manga has a very easygoing feel compared to citrus.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I dont get any similar vibe from Miss sunflower. This Manga has a very easygoing feel compared to citrus.

And unlike citrus this has actual quality....oops did i started ragging on shit citrus again? sorry

joined Apr 9, 2014

re-reading everything because apparently i missed some chapters? or my memory is just that bad...i really like miss sunflower :c

joined Jul 20, 2011

I will try......no promises though.

Well, I don't think there's anything to bash just because there exist similarities between the two.

As an example, just because there are parallelisms between Eragon and Star Wars it doesn't mean that Star Wars is as mediocre as Eragon. At least not the first three movies. The prequels are more than mediocre enough, but it's not because of the parallelism.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Totally shipping Kuroizato-sensei with legal-loli editor Minako-chan. In a "want some h-doujins" kind of way ^_^

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

And unlike citrus this has actual quality....oops did i started ragging on shit citrus again? sorry

Hey, cool it man/woman/boy/girl/sapient amoeba. We don't need to turn this in to some 4chan style pissing match.

joined Nov 30, 2011

You catch that woman Matsuri! And give her a hug... and some kisses... and some all night lovin!!! Oops! Did I go to far there! >< Either way, easily one of the best chapters in this manga so far despite it already being a very good manga. In my honest opinion anyway :)

joined Jul 5, 2014

You catch that woman Matsuri! And give her a hug... and some kisses... and some all night lovin!!! Oops! Did I go to far there! >< Either way, easily one of the best chapters in this manga so far despite it already being a very good manga. In my honest opinion anyway :)

I can see this going down a route with some sort of confession from Matsuri about that she loves her not because she's 'Miss Sunflower', which is what seems to be the main issue right now. An identity crisis ^^

I look forward to the next chapter! Seems about the right time to ramp up the ol' yuri.

last edited at Oct 12, 2014 3:07PM

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I quite like the direction this manga is taking, that Miss Sunflower is actually having some identity issues with this 'persona' that she's taken up for herself. As it's pretty obvious that just because you act like someone, it doesn't make you that person, even though that's something miss sunflower obviously tried to do. I highly doubt Matsuri would be bothered about this revelation if Miss Sunflower drunkenly tells her about her it in the next chapter, and would probably shut her up with something like 'I love you for you!' and then they can make out loads and everyone will be happy

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Matsuri's likely to either laugh or do a kind approach, basically making it clear that she's been seeing the real thing from the start. That's already hinted at when she talks to Miss Sunflower's brother about his view of her.

Matsuri is a lot sharper than she gives herself credit for.

joined May 2, 2014

Awwww I want some yuri action ... I feel that I will never have that in this manga

Picartoprofile2
joined Mar 9, 2013

Awwww I want some yuri action ... I feel that I will never have that in this manga

that makes two of us lol XD

this manga is just awesome, but it needs more yuri interaction.. idk..more hugs..cuddles..kisses (that would be the best lol) anyway.. thanks kawaii scans for the updates!! =D

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

"Matsuri is like who I used to be"

Oh, Miss Sunflower. If only you would notice Matsuri lusting after you to realize how wrong your statement is...

last edited at Oct 13, 2014 2:23AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

"Matsuri is like who I used to be"

Oh, Miss Sunflower. If only you would notice Matsuri lusting after you to realize how wrong your statement is...

Well to be honest, even though Matsuri's love is definitely romantic, they haven't really showed us much of her serious feelings. I don't know miss sunflower understands that she IS serious.

And when she thinks Matsuri is like she used to be, i think she might of meant more her happy positive attitude than their feelings for their respective miss sunflowers. (The current miss sunflowers feelings for the original were clearly not romantic- though she did love her and wish she'd let her know).

I think Matsuri really needs to make miss sunflower aware of how serious she is- and that she loves her for who she really is.

I kinda expect a major moment to be when Matsuri gets to call miss sunflower by her real name.

last edited at Oct 13, 2014 11:51AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Good manga but I should have waited 1 more chapter before reading...

joined May 2, 2014

that makes two of us lol XD

this manga is just awesome, but it needs more yuri interaction.. idk..more hugs..cuddles..kisses (that would be the best lol) anyway.. thanks kawaii scans for the updates!! T

I know right lol That's why shoujo ai sucks they keep teasing us the readers and not giving a thing in till the last chapter or nothing at all in the end , It's PAIN like maria sama for example I have watched the hole damn series

For drama about sisterly love -_- I don't dislike
the show it was a heartwarming Ain't going to lie it's just need the beauty of YURI XD

last edited at Oct 23, 2014 12:34AM

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

I know right lol That's why shoujo ai sucks they keep teasing us the readers and not giving a thing in till the last chapter or nothing at all in the end , It's PAIN like maria sama for example I have watched the hole damn series

For drama about sisterly love -_- I don't dislike
the show it was a heartwarming Ain't going to lie it's just need the beauty of YURI XD

ummm.... I kinda place maria sama on same scale as aoi hana (where the Yuri is more obvious), but you are right, compared to either of those two, Miss S. is a half bait tease. half is Shoujo Ai/yuri and the other half is self discovery for Miss Sunflower.

on that note, I know the title is called Miss Sunflower and the story really is about her, but I'm shocked we haven't had more character development for Matsuri. right now, her role has been more tertiary than supporting. I wonder if we'll get a chapter or two to see how her feelings developed for Miss S.?

last edited at Oct 23, 2014 9:07AM

joined Apr 9, 2014

matsuri is just too precious c':

To reply you must either login or sign up.