Forum › Miss Sunflower discussion

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

on that note, I know the title is called Miss Sunflower and the story really is about her, but I'm shocked we haven't had more character development for Matsuri. right now, her role has been more tertiary than supporting. I wonder if we'll get a chapter or two to see how her feelings developed for Miss S.?

Honestly we've been getting peeks at it all this time. Miss Sunflower has been the best person to her and has been her light since they met. It wasn't some super serious life-saving encounter...just over these interactions it just kinda happened. Matsuri is a simple (not dumb, simple) and straightforward individual and that is also how her feelings develop. But yes, I'd like a couple Matsuri-centric chapters to give a bit more depth to the series.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

something felt.......off about that last chapter, i mean it was just as baity as usual but the yuri vibe i normally get off matsuri has kinda just vanished and i dont know why

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

For me this chapter had a massive AWWWWW!!!!!! factor. Matsuri comforting Miss Sunflower and supporting her . . . mmm!

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

something felt.......off about that last chapter, i mean it was just as baity as usual but the yuri vibe i normally get off matsuri has kinda just vanished and i dont know why

I agree.
No yuri vide in this chapter at all.

Img_20141023_180626
joined Oct 23, 2014

Miss sunflower. Sunflower. Sunflower. Miss sunflower. Miss sunflower. Sunflower. Sunflower.… Did i mention sunflower? But anyway, this is CUTE! Ohmygosh. Why dont you two just hug each other, go to a secluded place and do something that we want you to do. :3

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

OMG you two why can't you just KISS ALREADY.

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

I agree.

Maybe it's because Matsuri's supportive, but says she'd rather become Miss Sunflower? It suggests that she loves her in an admiring/wishes-to-become-like-her way rather than in a romantic one. I really hope that's not true though, because while it would be wonderful even if it didn't become yuri, I would be disappointed on account of the tags.

Img_20141023_180626
joined Oct 23, 2014

...miss sun flower is sooo cool...when i look at her,i'm getting some kilig factor to her...hehe..i hope you understand what i'm saying...

Well, i understand you. Sobra ka bang kinilig? Hahaha

last edited at Oct 27, 2014 4:09AM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Hehe. "I love you" to stop her.

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

I didn't even notice miss sunflower wasn't wearing spectacles not until she said it herself! And now I'm really bugged about her real name.

I guess she'll just have to be known as Matsuri's miss sunflower.

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

...miss sun flower is sooo cool...when i look at her,i'm getting some kilig factor to her...hehe..i hope you understand what i'm saying...

May kilig factor nga si Miss Sunflower. haha
Is kilig = fangirling?

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I agree.

Maybe it's because Matsuri's supportive, but says she'd rather become Miss Sunflower? It suggests that she loves her in an admiring/wishes-to-become-like-her way rather than in a romantic one. I really hope that's not true though, because while it would be wonderful even if it didn't become yuri, I would be disappointed on account of the tags.

if she does just care about her in an admiring way wouldn't that just be proving miss sunflower right from the previous chapter? in which case that would be kinda sloppy writing

Img_20141023_180626
joined Oct 23, 2014

May kilig factor nga si Miss Sunflower. haha
Is kilig = fangirling?

Well, kind of. It's a really hard to explain feeling. There is also no direct english translation for this word.

Img000041
joined Oct 11, 2010

I really enjoy how this story is developing. It's a nice, calm read full of adorableness.
Side note- I was re-reading this last night and noticed that the pages in ch. 9 are a bit out of order.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

This was a nice development, but... it's just... I wanted something else to happen as well...

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

moThis was a nice development, but... it's just... I wanted something else to happen as well...

I know I'm going against the grain here, but I don't think, nor at this time want anything more to happen. "Miss Sunflower" is by no means a "Chatting at the Amber Tea house" where everyone is rooting for the two MCs to get together. As much as Matsuri-chan professes her love to Miss Sunflower, I see Matsuri as immature. For that matter, I still see Miss Sunflower as immature too. Miss Sunflower may be an adult, but she is finding herself, and Matsuri, as both sure and uncertain of herself as she is, may know what she wants, but I still want her to become more adult and less simple.

OK, that was a bit of hot air. honestly, I want Ayame and Miss Sunflower to get together, cuz in all the panels with Ayame (Miss Sunflower's sempai), I kept getting the 'I really like you' vibes both in high school and as adults. But because this is about Miss Sunflower and Matsuri-chan ( awww, no Ayame and Miss Sunflower ), i will straddle the fence and reiterate my comments from the paragraph above (yeah I know it's not good to try to maintain two positions of an argument and I should just pick a side).

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo
joined Apr 24, 2014

Her name...

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

woof woof
I like Yuu ' v '

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

I didn't even notice miss sunflower wasn't wearing spectacles not until she said it herself! And now I'm really bugged about her real name.

I guess she'll just have to be known as Matsuri's miss sunflower.

dammit,I went through every freaking chapter looking for Miss Sunflower's real name. at one point I thought it was Rei, but that iirc was the name of one of the high schoolers visiting the bookery. yeah, looks like we'll have to keep referring to her as Miss Sunflower. :-\

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

at one point I thought it was Rei,

This would explain why she is so chill 24/7

Tumblr_ndoxqrqy3c1qeceb8o1_1280
joined Oct 30, 2014

Wow! I'm surprised to see Miss Sunflower has an expression in latest chap! XD
Usually her face is so... expressionless, but still beautiful.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Ah little sister on the offensive....never mind hahaha.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Matsuri is the only one for Miss Sunflower, Fuuko shouldn't get too attached.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I really like the development for Fuuko honestly, but I'm having trouble accepting her feelings for Miss Sunflower right now. It feels a little forced to me. Like Fuuko can have an influential figure in her life that she doesn't have to love, and her supposed feelings are a bit too deep for her few and shallow interactions with Miss Sunflower.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Kinda weird how hair color regulations are still so strict in Japan.
Triple Miss Sunflower!

To reply you must either login or sign up.