Forum › Miss Sunflower discussion

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

It's so beautiful it hurts. ;____;

Gar ~ I'm in love all over again with this series.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

I just wish that this series will never end.

joined Jul 17, 2013

Ahhh, I ship Matsuri and Miss Sunflower so hard I could cry ; ;

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Wow I really liked that chapter! It made clear how close Matsuri and miss sunflower are, how much a part of each others life they have become, without really even saying it. I also think Miss sunflower is coming to understand it too - even if there's no overt romance there yet.

Hope to be reading this for a long time to come :) I'd love an anime too but unlike the wonderful sakura trick that can sell itself more broadly with humor etc miss sunflower is probably too laid back and slow and niche to ever be chosen for animation :(

last edited at Feb 8, 2014 6:08PM

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

So they're out to volume 3... Is the romance developing now, or is it the same slow pacing? Will we ever be able to expect any? I think it's pretty clear that Matsuri has romantic feelings. Has anyone seen the raws?

I'm a little disappointed with the sloooowww pacing. Makes me feel like Sasameki Koto. It's so sweet though, I still end up reading it. I liked this chapter a lot for stepping back and showing how close they really are, but I'm hoping that more is coming up.

joined Nov 14, 2013

Still really no yuri in this series, but still cute nontheless

I just got finished chapter 18, and I think you might not be entirely correct. You're right in that they're not overtly in a romance, but in every way that counts they're already a couple. Looking at them together, while I'd love a kiss or holding hands, that's just a formality now.

So its more, as we Westerners call it, shoujo ai then?

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Still really no yuri in this series, but still cute nontheless

I just got finished chapter 18, and I think you might not be entirely correct. You're right in that they're not overtly in a romance, but in every way that counts they're already a couple. Looking at them together, while I'd love a kiss or holding hands, that's just a formality now.

So its more, as we Westerners call it, shoujo ai then?

"As we westerners"

Hahahhahha.
They'd better be somewhat lovey-dovey by the end of volume 3!!

last edited at Feb 9, 2014 1:16PM

Sungji
joined Mar 23, 2011

I really need something between these two. I'm geting kind of fustrated!! complains just a bit

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Is her name really Kazamatsuri Matsuri? Her parents had a sense of humour.

But I'm more curious about Miss Sunflower's name. I suspect it'll become an issue eventually. In my head she's the one who brings it up, too:
"Hey, Miss Sunflower"
"_______."
"Huh?"
"________. It's my name. If the one closest to my heart would call me that when no one else is around, I'd like it."

...or something like that. I'd guess around when they share their first kiss. (Before? After? Can't decide.)

Sure, Matsuri was named rather suddenly out of the blue after going nameless for a while, but I have a feeling it'll be different next time.

last edited at Mar 10, 2014 4:28PM

Kjraze
joined Mar 3, 2014

Hmmm. I actually really like how slowly and gently it's progressing. It feels much more natural and adorable this way.

But I also think that things will start to pick up soon. Because we've seen Matsuri and Miss Sunflowers histories and family too. And Miss Sunflower is finally realizing how much they've grown into each other while Matsuri loved her all this time. BUT ALL THAT LEAVES IS THEM GETTING TOGETHER. So yeah, I just hope that they don't suddenly put 10 years of filler haha.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Back to blissfulness.

Best way to deal with bugs, blind yourself. Perfect.

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

I fell in love all over again. Gotta say this more but it doesn't hurt.

Miss Sunflower is not perfect, but the way she is presented makes me !

The author gets me. Urg.

%d0%a1%d0%bd%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%be%d0%ba
joined Nov 10, 2013

I don't think we can wait for some progress in relationships between Matsuri and Miss Sunflower.
But still very good manga, thanks.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Yay! We finally get to see the second floor! And lol. Matsuri's friend.

Ava%20120
joined Feb 1, 2013

Is her name really Kazamatsuri Matsuri? Her parents had a sense of humour.
Sure, Matsuri was named rather suddenly out of the blue after going nameless for a while, but I have a feeling it'll be different next time.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/miss_sunflower_ch01#5 The very first panel of the manga...

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Ch20 That ending xD
This manga feels too deep for a slice of life.

last edited at Apr 20, 2014 11:56AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

An oniichan chapter before the climax? it's coming ?I IS THIS THE FINAL VOLUME? D: if not... ignore me.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

This manga feels too deep for a slice of life.

All good SoL ought to have depth.

An oniichan chapter before the climax? it's coming ?I IS THIS THE FINAL VOLUME? D: if not... ignore me.

Nope! volume 4 came out a few months back, and it's still ongoing! Final volume never(!), says I.

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

Damn, my eyes teared up at "onii-chan, tell me a story", what a cute story :3

Picartoprofile2
joined Mar 9, 2013

kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii XD thanks for the update!

[hachimitsu_scans]_sweet_magic_syndrome_v01_c07_04
joined Aug 22, 2013

aw... so sweet.. love the part where Miss Sunflower was so anticipating for Matsuri's arrival (ノ^ ∀^)ノ

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, they're a married couple for sure. Stop struggling, Miss Sunflower, there's no escape now.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/miss_sunflower_ch01#5 The very first panel of the manga...

I... uhhh... hm. Yeah, I have no excuse, I guess.

On the other hand I think that is the only mention of it until Miss Sunflower scolds her a while later, and her family name doesn't come back up until recently. I think.

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

I'm surprised they put Dvořák's work here :D

last edited at Apr 20, 2014 11:11PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm surprised they put Dvořák's work here :D

From what I gather (and confirmed via a quick Google) it's actually one of the more popular and recognizable pieces of classical music in Japan. Sort of the way everyone knows Beethoven's 5th in the West.

To reply you must either login or sign up.