Forum › Seifuku no Vampiress Lord discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Fuck I'm depressed this got cancelled. It had such a good premise and was actually interesting and funny. Everything good never lasts long and then we get garbage like nanashi no asterism lasting 5 volumes and getting localized. God dammittt

Joke on you, Vampiress Lord get localized in France. I actually own the 3 volumes.

i mean i'm not surprised, france is the western culture that loves anime/manga the most lol but also it doesn't change how disappointing the fact that it got cancelled. we'll never know how the story was really supposed to go.

You will be surprise that there is not that much Yuri out there in France. Even if i combine both "Shojo-ai" and Yuri, i should be at nearly 60 works and most of them where late 2000-early 2010. Althought it's seem that got a good list published lately, Even though we ara adult and Luminous=Blue just to name a few.

Edit : Just to compare Yaoi in France count 265 works.

last edited at Jun 4, 2020 6:26PM

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

I'm sad that this series got axed, but I still love this ending. Rushed? Sure, but it got through enough of the important stuff in the end.

joined Jan 3, 2020

Fuck I'm depressed this got cancelled. It had such a good premise and was actually interesting and funny. Everything good never lasts long and then we get garbage like nanashi no asterism lasting 5 volumes and getting localized. God dammittt

Joke on you, Vampiress Lord get localized in France. I actually own the 3 volumes.

i mean i'm not surprised, france is the western culture that loves anime/manga the most lol but also it doesn't change how disappointing the fact that it got cancelled. we'll never know how the story was really supposed to go.

You will be surprise that there is not that much Yuri out there in France. Even if i combine both "Shojo-ai" and Yuri, i should be at nearly 60 works and most of them where late 2000-early 2010. Althought it's seem that got a good list published lately, Even though we ara adult and Luminous=Blue just to name a few.

Edit : Just to compare Yaoi in France count 265 works.

That's the Yaoi vs Yuri breakdown everywhere. There are 6x more Yaoi titles on Amazon in the US than Yuri. There's 10x more Yaoi entries on Mangadex vs Yuri last I checked. Looking at Webtoons or Tapas or other sources of global stories, their front pages are plastered with BL in all their popular lists. GL never makes it there except for insanely rare exceptions like Mage & Demon Queen (and it is mostly because it has broad appeal as a comedy work).

Heck, just look at this series as proof. A proven author of a popular Yaoi series (Prunus Girl) branched out into Yuri and despite the success of his previous Yaoi work, his Yuri series gets cancelled immediately, while his Yaoi series gets to finish.

It makes me really salty knowing how niche Yuri is compared to Yaoi, especially when I love the first so much and don't understand the appeal of the latter (though for me sexuality is obviously part of this).

But... that's a bit off-topic. I'm really happy this got uploaded here. I absolutely love this series, and I will re-read it over and over in the years to come, I'm sure.

last edited at Jun 4, 2020 8:27PM

Looking East
45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

The French produce some beautifully talented animators as well.

To echo everyone else's sentiment, it really is a shame this manga was cut down in its it prime.

joined Sep 9, 2016

Given the fact that it got canceled in Japan, this might be a long shot, but I wonder if Seven Seas would pick this up if enough people recommended it. Maybe my perception is skewed, but when I think localized yuri in the States, it usually comes from Seven Seas.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Oh, so many chapters at once! I love this series,just glad I get to read even a little more.

joined Jul 22, 2014

Given the fact that it got canceled in Japan, this might be a long shot, but I wonder if Seven Seas would pick this up if enough people recommended it. Maybe my perception is skewed, but when I think localized yuri in the States, it usually comes from Seven Seas.

There's a chance Yen Press could localized it since they released several yuri series though Viz is also a long shot.

last edited at Jun 5, 2020 12:15AM

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

"Cancelled and Completed"? So, does it have an Ending?

last edited at Jun 5, 2020 12:40AM

joined Jan 3, 2020

"Cancelled and Completed"? So, does it have an Ending?

Yes. It was cancelled after the first two volumes but the author was already contracted to write the third, so he had an entire volume to finish the story. He planned it to be seven volumes, so it does feel rushed, but he helped things by making the third volume waaaayyyy larger than the first two.

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

Kinda too bad it got axed so early on, but I'm glad the author cramped a pretty fun story, all things considered

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Like i said long ago, the world wasn't ready for yuri vampire harem.

joined Jun 23, 2017

Are mangakas allowed to not "finish" the manga and try to sell the continuation to another company or complete it by themself as doujins?

Asuka
joined Oct 7, 2018

I've been looking forward to this promising yuri harem manga series for years, and then it got axed. What a letdown.

F for respect.

Like i said long ago, the world wasn't ready for yuri vampire harem.

You could say this manga is "way ahead of it's time".

KangaNoodles
_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Still I can't help but feel annoyed that series about cross-dresser yaoi couple goes for 6 volumes, while yuri vampire harem gets axed with only 3.

So true.
SOL Yuri vampire is still a pretty niche genre (its still a thing that happens so I'm happy).... the harem tag is like the cherry on top, and we need more cherries!

last edited at Jun 5, 2020 4:36AM

joined Jan 3, 2020

@Mods: Could you change the 'Extra' listed before Chapter 1 to instead be after Chapter 5 and named 'Chapter 5.5'? This would be in line with the naming of everything else.

85ebc503-1762-4c99-b946-22c7061bdf7b
joined Mar 22, 2018

First time i see cancelled and completed ooo

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I REALLY enjoyed this series.. Shame it got cancelled 4 volumes earlier than first planned- but I think the author did as good a job as they could to make some kinda story with what he had left.

It woulda been nice to get more in-depth vampire stuff like was planned- but it was still a lot of fun to just get the lesbian vampire/harem stuff we got.

last edited at Jun 5, 2020 7:55AM

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

I'll always remember this as the best manga that I couldn't buy because it was out of print.. T.T

Here's to hoping that we get more yuri vampire comedies that are actually upfront yuri in the future

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

joined May 28, 2020

So sad that this series got axed, it could’ve been great. Instead it was just a fluffy piece with little plot :(

Ah it’s still one of my favorites though.

last edited at Jun 5, 2020 9:30AM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

R.I.P.

joined Jun 1, 2020

At least this masterpiece of vampire Romance got finished.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Genuinely spicy

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Genuinely spicy

There are other series on the site that got cut shorter than planned but were finished off well enough- or not - they don't have the cancelled tag tho.. They usually have a rushed ending and it gets mentioned in the comments that the author had to quickly end it..

And usually the author gets a lot less heads-up than THIS mangaka did so they can't do much.. Yuri Moyou is a good example.. they seem to have been told like one chapter before it got killed!

But if we don't officially hear it was because it was cancelled, like in this one the mangaka told us it was pulled - or it just stops and never gets another chapter- then I guess it doesn't get the tag, even if its obvious.

last edited at Jun 5, 2020 10:32PM

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Cancelled? Aa.. that's unfortunate..

To reply you must either login or sign up.