Forum › Anime season

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Well I'll admit that I haven't laughed as much as I wish I had. While (so far) there were definitely stand out episodes where I've burst out laughing, most of them never really got more then chuckle out of me. This is probably because the references were going over my head and dialog based humor isn't really my thing. It's always the jokes that rely on comedic timing that get me the most and the episodes I consider to be funniest (Katsura's introduction episode, the panty thief episode and the ghost bug episode) utilize this the most.

Also I am very hyped (and a bit scared) about the serious arcs. In fact my main reason for starting this show was the critical acclaim the final two arcs of season 4 got.

Gintama uses every type of humor, from complex layered jokes to basic poop jokes... and they all land. But it is true that the majority of the humor is dialogue based, so you'll have to get used to that. There are a lot of visual gags and slapstick too though and the sheer absurdity this anime goes to is unbelievable.

Well I don't exactly remember which was the first serious arc(because I actually prefer humor over fighting), but the fights can get absolutely to levels of high budget Shounen anime. They do get more intense over time, so don't expect it to go all out right away. Just relax and coast along, because this is a long anime with a steady upwards curve. lol

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

So, I watched Fragtime movie and I have to say... it was a huge disappointment. For how short manga is you'd think they would have no issue fitting all the material into movie, yet the movie is only 1 hour short and still manages to cut some stuff out. I dislike changes on principal, but I'm not necessary against them by default, but I have to say, movie really didn't do source material justice. It felt really rushed and girls have no chemistry whatsoever and for some unyurily reason they cut out most of the moments that actually showed their personalities and relationship. But even all that wouldn't be as bad if not for the fact, they changed the 1 scene that I loved in manga the most. The fact that final confrontation was in public with all classmate present was what really made it stand out to me, because that's so rare in yuri manga, also the fact that Murakami's friend actually was a good person and called her on her bs as well. Movie just make it a private scene between them without any audience, which made it much weaker.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ Oh OOF...I'll still watch it and maybe give my 2 cents as well.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

The worst part about railgun is that Misaka is the only straight girl at her school.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

So does SheRa count as anime? Cuz I binged the new season last night and I wish to squee.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

So, I watched Fragtime movie and I have to say... it was a huge disappointment.

Yeah. A world apart from Kase-San.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

So does SheRa count as anime?

Wow the final season is already here?? I've got so much catching up to do and so many spoilers to avoid...sob...

joined Jan 1, 2014

After this week's episode of Bakarina, its clear that Sophia is the only choice for Bakarina.

This is a hill I will die on and fight anybody who disagrees. I tolerate no dissent on this matter.

last edited at May 16, 2020 7:57PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Wow the final season is already here?? I've got so much catching up to do and so many spoilers to avoid...sob...

Oh yes, yes you do. O_O;;;

joined Aug 10, 2015

Oh yes, yes you do. O_O;;;

It was so good. I watched the entire thing in one sitting and I have zero regrets.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Is it over? I put it in my Netflix list in like January. I need to watch it.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-05-21/fate-kaleid-liner-prisma-illya-anime-gets-new-theatrical-film/.159773

More Fate/Kaleid is coming!

I need to go rewatch it again before this comes out

joined Jan 1, 2014

Unless it has more Kuro x Ilya or Ilya x Miyu, does it even matter?

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ You imply it matters at all?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I couldn't forgive the strong bait mixed with full harem bait after s2 so I just don't care anymore, specially not if the oniichan is now heavily involved in the battles too

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

So yeah, fragtime movie was disappointing. It looks nice at least but it felt mega butchered.

I'm waiting for the Railgun new season to end so I can skip anytime generic light novel male lead shows up, just like I did the previous seasons <- 0 regrets btw.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Best genderbend isekai with game elements will get anime!! https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-05-27/she-professed-herself-pupil-of-the-wise-man-mmo-isekai-novels-get-tv-anime/.159955 but still, I can only recommend reading the manga because Dicca is doing the art and it's great

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Best genderbend isekai with game elements

Only thing original is the gendebend.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Originality wasn't in the table the moment they decided to make an isekai, let's not pretend... Authors see the trend and think "hey...I can do that too!" so it all comes down to the writing and how they use the tools we've seen many times before.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Lilliwyt posted:

Implying there weren't any gender bender isekais before.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Lilliwyt posted:

Implying there weren't any gender bender isekais before.

I mean animated. Well not like i watch Isekais.

joined Jan 1, 2014

We need more genderbent isekia get animated.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

We need more genderbent isekia get animated.

I have hopes for this one too... But it's not an isekai https://mangadex.org/title/44146/eiyu-oh-bu-wo-kiwameru-tame-tensei-su-soshite-sekai-saikyou-no-minarai-kisi

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IT LOOKS SO BEAUTIFUL MPODVJVA0J0VDJIDVJVIP
https://twitter.com/anime_shingeki/status/1266294443600039936

EDIT: Looking at it again the body proportions are a tad bit off (especially Levi) but hot damn this looks fantastic. I hear it's being done by the director of Dorohedoro, I haven't seen it but I hope he delivers!

last edited at May 29, 2020 2:53PM

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I just watched the first 7 episodes of My Next Life as a Villainess and oh my god, I love it so much. The humor is right up my alley.

I don't want to give anything away, in case anyone who hasn't seen it wants to watch it. All I'll say is that Sophia is my favorite, especially after episode 7. If that bit in the beginning had gone on any longer I absolutely would've cried. Keith is great too, he's so sweet and adorable.

To reply you must either login or sign up.