Forum › Anime season

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

https://i.imgur.com/bSFmiOq.jpg

It felt kind of awkward, watching all those jokes about viral infectious diseases and contagion... not the best time for that...

This episode had Maina's birthday. As of now, Maina is 18. Eripiyo is 20. Reo is the oldest girl in the show, she's 21. The only Cham girl still in high school is Yuka, the youngest, who is 17. Everyone else has graduated. But most are still minors, as the age of majority (for voting, drinking, etc.) in Japan is 20 years old.
It's too bad, Maina will never be able to ask Eri out for drinks...
(Ok, not never, only for 2 years... but given the timespan of the show, it's the same thing.)

On another subject, this show has taught me that the otaku don't call themselves "otaku" anymore. Now you have to call them "wotaku" or "wota" -- as the word otaku has become geek chic, and all the normies are cool with it. The real hardcore fans of something (manga, games, idols, whatever) now go by the name wotaku. Hello, everyone, I'm Nene of Dynasty forum, I'm a yuri wotaku!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Bangdream RAS arc is pretty much over, it played as I imagined but oooh my... That was sweet, they did it RIGHT and I hope we get lots of Pareo x chu2 fanart and doujins, well, I hope that they get more participation in the game too!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Mii is precious

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Mii needs to get closer to her healer... just sayin'

VladLove upcoming anime finally has plot, staff and character introductions https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-03-19/mamoru-oshii-vladlove-anime-casts-ayane-sakura/.157650 sounds fun

Do you remember magical girl Doremi ? well https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-03-18/magical-doremi-20th-anniversary-anime-film-may-15-opening-delayed/.157639

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Mii needs to get closer to her healer... just sayin'

VladLove upcoming anime finally has plot, staff and character introductions https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-03-19/mamoru-oshii-vladlove-anime-casts-ayane-sakura/.157650 sounds fun

Do you remember magical girl Doremi ? well https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-03-18/magical-doremi-20th-anniversary-anime-film-may-15-opening-delayed/.157639

She is her main healer, they are already very close. I played enough MMOs to know what healers are like. So Mii is probably the top.

last edited at Mar 19, 2020 10:43AM

joined Jan 6, 2017

She is her main healer, they are already very close. I played enough MMOs to know what healers are like. So Mii is probably the top.

Maybe a top, but she's still definitely a sub

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Maybe a top, but she's still definitely a sub

Mii's healer is living evidence that power bottoms exist in yuri.

last edited at Mar 19, 2020 6:04PM

Tumblr_pt8ll4hf781saqlhvo1_500
joined Mar 12, 2018

OshiBudo ended, I'm kind of sad.

OshiBudo ended, I'm kind of sad.

There's still episode 12 left though?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm gonna say something controversial here... I might get banned even, but I can't keep lying to myself like this

I... don't like Magia Record tbh, I don't like the animation, I don't like the protagonist and I hate that they have skipped the main plot (where is Ui and what's the little's kyubi's deal all about) with everyone's else conflict first, I haven't watched today's episode yet, maybe we'll get all the answer like an info dump today or there will be a season 2 but that doesn't excuse it for me to be like that, had they made it about the fact that they turn into witches momentarily and then go back to normal it would have been way more exciting but guess what, THEY AVOID TALKING ABOUT THAT TOO!! the other girl who can transform just doesn't show up anymore and the protagonist doesn't care about it, she spend the whole anime going from one person to another asking if they know about Ui and everyone has the same answer.... NO!

If today is the final episode, it would have to be a masterpiece story wise and dramatically too... But I doubt it.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I'm gonna say something controversial here... I might get banned even, but I can't keep lying to myself like this

I... don't like Magia Record tbh, I don't like the animation, I don't like the protagonist and I hate that they have skipped the main plot (where is Ui and what's the little's kyubi's deal all about) with everyone's else conflict first, I haven't watched today's episode yet, maybe we'll get all the answer like an info dump today or there will be a season 2 but that doesn't excuse it for me to be like that, had they made it about the fact that they turn into witches momentarily and then go back to normal it would have been way more exciting but guess what, THEY AVOID TALKING ABOUT THAT TOO!! the other girl who can transform just doesn't show up anymore and the protagonist doesn't care about it, she spend the whole anime going from one person to another asking if they know about Ui and everyone has the same answer.... NO!

If today is the final episode, it would have to be a masterpiece story wise and dramatically too... But I doubt it.

Since I won't watch it until everything's out, I have no right to agree nor to disagree, but it wouldn't be fair to be banned for such a benign reason.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

I... don't like Magia Record tbh

You're not alone. Majority of Madoka fans hate it and/or are very underwhelmed by it.

I don't like the animation,

I have some issues with them, but I don't mind them for the most part, though some feel a bit lackluster. Maybe they'll improve them on blue-ray, but I'm not denying they're not perfect.

I don't like the protagonist

I really like Iroha's personality (and really like most of the characters for that matter) and I think for the most part anime did good job of showing it, but I really can't be objective on that one. Game has much more time to flash out characters and show their interactions and chemistry, so I went into anime having good idea who they were and am in general very pleased with their portrayal in it, but I understand for someone who knows nothing of them, it might be hard to really connect with them and come to like them (though it's not impossible).

and I hate that they have skipped the main plot (where is Ui and what's the little's kyubi's deal all about) with everyone's else conflict first,

I have no clue what you're talking about. That is the main plot. Iroha is looking for her sister and by doing that she stumbles onto those conflicts. And thanks to that she found some clues that Ui's disappearance is clearly connected to Magius and Rumors. It's supposed to start looking like a monster of the week, but then later turns out it was all part of something greater (though anime leaves clues there's something more going on from episode 1). I'll admit game makes it much clearer from the start that Ui has to be connected to rumors and I'm not sure why exactly anime changed that or if it was there, but just too ambiguous that I didn't pick it up (wouldn't be the first time, anime is terrible with just establishing some facts that were very clearly stated in the game).

I haven't watched today's episode yet, maybe we'll get all the answer like an info dump today or there will be a season 2 but that doesn't excuse it for me to be like that, had they made it about the fact that they turn into witches momentarily and then go back to normal it would have been way more exciting but guess what, THEY AVOID TALKING ABOUT THAT TOO!! the other girl who can transform just doesn't show up anymore and the protagonist doesn't care about it, she spend the whole anime going from one person to another asking if they know about Ui and everyone has the same answer.... NO!

Again, it is about that. Just it's something that wasn't really explained yet. Knowing future events you can rationalize it to make sense (for the most part), but for people who only watch anime I can understand it seems like they just ignored a very huge plot development and it can be frustrating. Magia Record really is anime that you're supposed to binge watch, not watch weekly. Yachiyo knows the truth. That's why she didn't tell anyone about it. She avoided it on purpose. Tsuruno doesn't know, but I guess she was just too shocked and since they're no longer close with Yachiyo and she doesn't want to talk about it, we can assume she either was too afraid to bring it up or did, but Yachiyo hand-waved it. As I said, you can rationalize it, but it really wasn't explained, I get why they didn't add any scene like that, but also it can be frustrating when you need to make excuses for anime, because it feels like a plot hole (also the fact in game Iroha was just fully conscious entire time and all of them were just very confused together about WTF just happened, doesn't help either).

About Kaede, it's another of those things that seems to be forgotten but comes back later when Momoko shows up to talk to Rena. And since Momoko knows the truth as well it makes sense why it didn't become a big deal. She probably found out what happened from Kaede later and told her the truth to "calm" her down. We know for a fact it had to happen, since Kaede showed up to Momoko's talk with Rena, knowing the truth. That's why she was shown at home mopping around and not talking to anyone. She needed time to take it all in. But again, had they gave us that information earlier, it would ruin the mystery. The whole after-credit scene wasn't in the game, but I get why they added it and I think that overall they handled it fine. They merged it with later event, so all they changed was when Kaede learned and reacted to the truth.

As for when Iroha remembers about Doppel and uses it to defeat Rumor of lucky water. Ughhhhhh... in game she was there when Amane sisters uses and explains how Doppel works (without explaining why it happens) and story-wise Iroha doesn't use it there (and gameplay-wise you can use Doppels, but only of magical girls you unlocked it for and it's not available for everyone yet, Iroha is one of those you can't unlock it for yet). So... yea, anime never explains why she didn't talked about it to anyone or question why Yachiyo lied to her... Ok fine, you win that one. I guess anime also adds some plot holes.

I think the biggest issue of MR is high expectations of Madoka fans. I started playing game expecting nothing from the story and knowing full well they won't go around killing off characters and mood won't be nearly as heavy as in OG series, but instead was positively surprised. In fact, I was sure it will be terrible (not that I know many other mobile games stories), so the fact it didn't suck major ass was already impressive. Sure game is far from perfect, it has some stupid moment, some things don't make that much sense and it can drag, but overall I think the story they came up with is pretty creative and ties to original series quite well. That's why I can really appreciate when anime is fixing/changing some stuff for better (and get frustrated just like everyone else when it creates plot holes where there weren't any before). I do think you can enjoy anime without playing game (for obvious reason, I can't confirm it, but I saw people who didn't play game and still enjoyed it just as much as me), but I feel like the best experience is to play the game first and then watch anime. This way you can really appreciate parts that anime changes, but also have all the knowledge to quickly fill in the gaps when anime leaves any or when it underperforms. It's not a masterpiece by any stretch, but I still think it has solid moments and does good job at what it set to do.

Today's episode opened really strong and overall I think it was good, but again as always I feel like they could add just a little bit more here and there to really make it great. Never before I wished so badly they could just do as many episodes as they want so they can adopt everything they want the way they want, so they don't have to cut out so many things and could give some parts little more breathing room.

last edited at Mar 21, 2020 6:56PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I'm gonna say something controversial here... I might get banned even, but I can't keep lying to myself like this I... don't like Magia Record

I'm not sure how controversial that is, but it's definitely not something I'd expect to get banned over

Personally, as an anime-only, I really like it, but that's mostly on the strength of it's direction. The story has some neat ideas, but it's too vague and meandering to make much of them. If you're watching it purely for the story I can totally understand disliking it

I don't think it's the final episode (maybe of the cour?), but it is goddamn fantastic

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

An anime made for the game fans would be very accurate I guess, but is also true that the game fans exist because of the first anime so they should expect people coming like me, eager for more magia after so long and nah I didn't expect this to be better than the first or being related to the movies or whatnot, after all, IT IS a spin off so you're supposed to be open minded. But I couldn't connect to any character or being moved by their actions... Well, I liked that part about the stairs of "/Delete Friendship" and how we got inside Rena's head, never again we'll get to invade a tsundere's psychology like this, the way she spoke about her true feelings was impressive imo and even after all that she's still a loner in school lol like fuck it!!! I can't help it!!! but I'm not mocking her, I guess that's fine.

I wish I could feel those strong emotions from the protagonist and not the people she meets! and yes I stand to what I say that they skipped the main plot because they gave us sooo little to go by that the protagonist is stuck around everyone's else problems for 85% of the anime, it makes you feel that is not that important after all... If I were directing, I would throw memories of Ui here and there so you could feel more attachment in the final reunion (if it happens) but maybe that hinders something in the story... I don't know.

If it all makes sense in the end, maybe yeah I should've binge watch it, but there was no warning.

In other news, I finished azur lane! the ending could be interpreted as the beginning of the game I think, and Enterprise did most of the work too lo/ she's the equivalent of all 4 forces together at this point and that's not explained, not sure if we'll get a s2 anyway, also, in a way, you could say that the commander wasn't cut from the anime, instead, Enterprise became the commander. now I just wait for English translation of the bluray releases to rewatch the action scenes that were heavily hindered by production issues and of course the bath scene uncensored.

Things I can't forgive: No scenes with Elena and Cleveland and that we never got to pay a visit to the Iron Blood base and it's many other characters

last edited at Mar 21, 2020 9:36PM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I dropped Magia Record after four or five episodes. It just seemed badly written with no inspiration to speak of. Plus I know nothing about gaming and the fact there's a game somewhere that has a part of the story made it even less appealing to keep at.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I saw chapter 12 of Magia to think that the final plot twist was the twist at the start of the first series... Yes, magical girls die when they lose their gems and turn into witches if it gets corrupted, but I rubs the wrong way to see Iroha's pikachu (:0) face when they were talking about that and the Doppels...YOU KNEW THIS GIRL, at least you felt it in your own body to some degree, and you were ignoring your soul's gem corruption too, Iroha's behavior and actions in this anime are too narrow, if she had stopped to think about things for a bit with the group, they could've made lot of progress and have the upper hand, but she only thinks about things with Ui and where to find her and the story is not helping her with that... But well, I'm curious about that system that magius allegely "made" and how it's possible for some mahous to use it now, does it means all mahous are saved from the corruption now? what conditions trigger this transformation and are they all under the system automatically ? these are very important questions, if I get them, it's fine if she doesn't find Ui this season.

Edit: ANN Reviewer did an excellent job to portray how I feel about the latest episode and the series as a whole (with the exception of the issue with Iroha and her sister, in fact, at this point it became a side quest) https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/magia-record-puella-magi-madoka-magica-side-story/episode-12/.157813

If I could brutally short it in one phrase, it is like this "Magia Record is great but only if you haven't watched the first anime or the movies"

Aaaaaaaaaaand Bofuri is getting season II with 110 million views in Bilibili https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-03-25/bofuri-i-dont-want-to-get-hurt-so-ill-max-out-my-defense-anime-gets-2nd-season/.157936 never expected to do so well, it was fun silly action and the animation sometimes was terrific! I think it was only lacking in the OST and if I can be selfish, I wanted more of their irl encounters.

To think that Bofuri got season 2 right away but the Gun Gale online was forgotten by the studio...

last edited at Mar 25, 2020 9:54PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Trailer for the Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear anime (another isekai with an OP MC... but girl!)
I didn't expect her voice to be like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCt-m4fhynM

New season announced for Show By Rock!!! also the current anime ended and it was overall nice and way more yuri than it's predecessor .

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear anime (another isekai with an OP MC... but girl!)

The funny thing is that being the standard isekai power fantasy[1] with a female protagonist is pretty unusual. Like, the only other one I can think of is a genderbender. Otherwise they're all reverse harems or going in their own direction

And, yeah, Yuna sounds way more mature than I expected. Feels weird coming from that character design

[1] As far as I know. It may have shifted gears after I got bored with it, but I doubt it

New season announced for Show By Rock!!!

I liked Mashumairesh, but I missed the first two seasons, so I'm not sure I'll be able to get into Stars. Oh well

also the current anime ended and it was overall nice and way more yuri than it's predecessor

Underwhelming finale (unsurprising when the climax already passed), but an enjoyable series overall. The chemistry between the girls was definitely the highlight

last edited at Mar 26, 2020 7:15PM

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

hope mashumairesh gets its own second season eventually, I really loved Himeko and Howan together~

are the first two seasons good? wondering if I should give them a watch to eventually watch stars. Mashu was my first time watching this franchise and I had an overall good time, tho my favorite part where its two leads so I don't know if I may care for the previous seasons.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The original show by rock was pretty nice but the second... I drop it around ep08 or something, nothing bad happened but it was kinda boring, aimless and the most tragical part... Almost no subtext.

And whats funny about s2 of the original is that I have 2 friends who saw it and both of them drop it too so we dont know how it ended hahshaha but we loved the first season.

But my heart is now with mashumairesh.

Main difference between the first anime and this is that the first anime is about saving the world, isekai and organizations but with mashu is just cute girls who want to play music

last edited at Mar 26, 2020 8:49PM

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

I see! thanks for the reply, I'll give it a watch eventually to at least the first season and see if it clicks with me , though that small descripction is certainly interesting ^^;; I thought the whole franchise was slice of life with music but seems like that only the case with Mashumairesh

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

One more! remember Hanayamata? now we have Ochikobore Fruit tart and it's also getting anime, here's the trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UG2D_sNgmE

But the synopsis is way too overused hahaha https://myanimelist.net/anime/39609/Ochikobore_Fruit_Tart

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Group idol to save a dormitory. That sound awfully familiar.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

One more! remember Hanayamata? now we have Ochikobore Fruit tart and it's also getting anime

While it is from the creator of Hanayamata, this seems to be a full-on comedy, not a dramedy

What I've read of the manga seems decent, at least

last edited at Mar 27, 2020 3:12PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

That's good, as a comedy, the simple plot turns into a parody of the genre so I hope they take it easy and just have fun with it

To reply you must either login or sign up.