Forum › Anime season

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

About Villainess. So I checked first chapter of manga long time ago and now check first episode of anime. So what I don't understand is why she's going out of her way to make every love interest not fall in love with mc from the game? I mean, the reason she dies is always because she's bullying everyone and actively sabotaging them, so if she's just a nice person, there's no way they'd still kill her, even if they hooked up with mc from the game? Is she supposed to be stupid?

EDIT/ Ok, I guess anime answered that for me. She's incredibly stupid.

last edited at May 29, 2020 5:04PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yup. Bakarina is her nickname

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

https://www.anime-recorder.com/tvanime/156184/

Fishing yuri coming back for summer, perfect timing.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Lilliwyt posted:

How did i miss this https://myanimelist.net/anime/41061/Heya_Camp%E2%96%B3__Sauna_to_Gohan_to_Sanrin_Bike

They don't explain the haircut, is such a drastic change....she's still very cute off course but now her friend can't make castles on top of her head.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

WAKE UP!!!! Vampire yuri anime https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu4JihIl-7c Vlad Love now has a real trailer and Oh Em Gi, it looks crazy and so well made

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

WAKE UP!!!! Vampire yuri anime https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu4JihIl-7c Vlad Love now has a real trailer and Oh Em Gi, it looks crazy and so well made

Hopefully it won't get axed after 3 volumes...

Joking aside, did not expect that music xD Also looks pretty wacky. Hard to tell how much I'll like it based on trailer, but the least you can say about it, it's definitely not your typical generic high school CGDCS SoL anime.

joined Jan 21, 2015

After seeing recommendations in the spoiler thread, I gave Seven Days War/Bokura no Nanokakan Sensou a watch. It really surprised me.

For one thing, people who don't want politics in their anime will want to skip this one, as one of the main plots of the movie is about protecting an undocumented immigrant from immigration officers.

I knew the movie had yuri, but I was expecting a five-minute subplot. What actually happens is that the male lead's crush is in love with her female best friend. He's completely cool about it when he finds out. It reminded me of SSSS.Gridman a bit, the way the main character's feelings end up not mattering. I should add that one of the girls moves away at the end of the movie and we don't find out if they stay together, but to be fair, we also don't find out if the other (straight) couple stays together after the revelations. The tone seemed optimistic though.

So that was a pleasant surprise. The movie itself was a lot better than I thought it would be going in. It was a good way to kill an hour and a half.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Btw, I noticed Harley and Ivy kissed and fecked in the Harley Quinn show s2. I don't know if I just missed it or if no one else mentioned it. I knew it was gonna happen but I was still surprised because of the Kiteman thing. I need to catch up now.

joined Jan 1, 2014

Covid really fucked summer, only 1 new all-girl show. But atleast that other yuri baseball show will get a new episode(Cinderella).

Autumn looking really good though, lets hope nothing from it gets delayed. Unless its a shitty harem, those are fine.
7 all-girl shows with 2 yuri(if you count strike witches).

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Covid really fucked summer, only 1 new all-girl show. But atleast that other yuri baseball show will get a new episode(Cinderella).

Autumn looking really good though, lets hope nothing from it gets delayed. Unless its a shitty harem, those are fine.
7 all-girl shows with 2 yuri(if you count strike witches).

Well technically the CGDCT on fishing was been delay back to Summer so there is that. I'm not entierly sure Cinderella nine getting new episode is a good thing given it wasn't that good.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Covid really fucked summer, only 1 new all-girl show.

Yeah, three harems and only Lapis Re:Lights on the yuri side of things. A tiny season, but still really lopsided

Well technically the CGDCT on fishing was been delay back to Summer so there is that.

Does that count? I already know I dislike it

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Well technically the CGDCT on fishing was been delay back to Summer so there is that.

Does that count? I already know I dislike it

I mean we already had 3 episodes but we still have 9 new episodes to go it's still somewhat new.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

You all should re-watch k on like me and be happy

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

You all should re-watch k on like me and be happy

I never watch K-on to begin with

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

You're so lucky, I wish I could watch it for the first time again

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Tamayomi is finished and what could i say. Was a really good baseball anime instead of Cinderella Nine and we got even more subtext especially with last episode between Yoshino and Nozomi. I seriously almost cry when Nozomi dedicated her home-run to Yoshino.

But nothing is out of flaws and the animations of Tamayomi has been very lackluster, even for someone like me who is generally not that hard to please. Not to mention the episode 3 or 4 incident with the streaming sites having an ealier and worst version than the broadcoast one which was atrocious to say the least. 6.5 is a fairly good note and most points are lost for the animations but i could add a .5 just for the Nozoshino moment.

joined Jan 1, 2014

PriConne is so much gayer than I though it'd be[these are 2 of the main cast girls].
Seems the gacha is just your standard harem-like game, but the anime improves on that.

A big plus is that the mc barely has any presence and can't even speak a full sentence. Good thing he has 3 mothers now.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yeah but there's one or two episodes left so even if I'm having the time of my life, I'll hold my breath until is all over... Ep 11 gave us a short taste of how bad it could be if it comes close to the game thankfully not with the main girls as a harem but some other random annoying and obsessive ones from his previous memories, they even went after Kokoro who's the kindest soul in that whole world just because they were awfully possessive with him

But Kyaru and Pecorine seem very aware that Kokoro and Yuki are a pair and they don't show the slightest interest to interfere, which is great imo

I just really would hate if this becomes like the game but so far we're saaaaaafeeeee

last edited at Jun 20, 2020 9:03AM

joined Jan 1, 2014

If it does, i'll just pretend its a 10-ep anime. Always works.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

At least Bakarina get S2

They covered most of the good stuff in S1, though. It's just harem shenanigans without any real advancement from this point forward

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

So Princess Connect ended... With a plot so thicc it might not be resolved even with another season but I couldn't care less because that "I love you!" From Peco to Kyaru and the lovable hug that came after was all I needed, whatever fuckery going in with the protagonist can wait for later tbh hahaha also Kokoro chan was suuuuuuuuperrrrr cuteeee through the whole series, I think it was great overall but it's trying to be too serious in a world where all the important characters are girls or Yuuki and that's a little too silly

Also I know important details from the game but I won't spoil anything, allI want now is PecoKyaru fanart and doujinshi!!!!

Kakushigoto is another good anime if you missed it!

The furry anime from trigger doesn't look like a big succeed, at least in my circle of friends people didn't talk about it.

last edited at Jun 29, 2020 9:16PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Okay, watched PriConne. ...Mixed bag. Karyl is good and her relationship with Pecorine is cute (if still in the realm of subtext). Good animation. But the plot either needed way more time or to be way less convoluted, and it just generally got kinda weak whenever it was focusing on the gacha bait of the week. Worthwhile if you're bored, I guess

The furry anime from trigger doesn't look like a big succeed, at least in my circle of friends people didn't talk about it.

General consensus seems to be that it's good but not great. But the main issue is that Netflix's binge model just kills discussion. Particularly when it comes out in Japan first so half the potential fandom watches it ahead of time

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So Lapis Re:Lights, the one (1) yuri-ish series of the season has started. It seems... middling so far. But the protagonist and her childhood (and former maid?) definitely have something going on, plus there's a dark-haired girl that's immediately hostile to her, and yellow and purple are likely to be a side pair. So, yeah, fairly gay

To reply you must either login or sign up.