Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Stop it shades, you're going to run out of rainbow to vomit if you keep that up.

last edited at May 17, 2020 8:28PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Stop it shades, you're going to run out of rainbow to vomit if you keep that up.

you underestimate just how much gay I have stored up after 30 years in the closet

Adashima
joined Sep 3, 2018

I expect great things to come due to shades laughing at us mere mortals.

YuriIsLife1998
Screen%20shot%202020-03-21%20at%203.08.23%20pm
joined Apr 25, 2019

does anyone know imgur or twitter link that have vol 7 and 8 illustration?

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

alright, i‘ll just avoid this forum till whenever a new chapter drops.

Now, my most important questions are:
How much will Adachi implode at the beginning of the next chapter? How much will Shimamura get flustered thinking about it in retrospective? Will Adachi's tongue be healed by then? How often will Shimamura's mom call her a moron after finding out about her and Chaotic Gay Adachi "dating"? What could Hino and Nagafuji think about this? Will Tarumi survive all of this? And the most important question: When will Adachi and Shimamura start to get horny or rather, when will they start doing more than just "friend-stuff" and will we survive the wholesomeness and (maybe) drama that might ensue?

I can answer only answer the most important of those questions and if we take a good look at the chapter titled Earnest Boobs, we can quite clearly see Adachi has been the horniest since the beginning, so it is indeed possible we could see her do/want something lewd besides handholding early on

@YuriIsLife1998
The twitter link has all the vol 8 illustrations, the facebook link doesn't, it is just missing one though, and I couldn't find the volume 7 illustrations on a twitter thread, I so hope fb is alright.
https://mobile.twitter.com/kiyoe_sans/status/1160144750563024896
https://m.facebook.com/manga.anime.lightnovel.vn/albums/382821252353902/

last edited at May 18, 2020 5:56AM by

YuriIsLife1998
Screen%20shot%202020-03-21%20at%203.08.23%20pm
joined Apr 25, 2019

@misxellaneous Thanks you for the link

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

alright, i‘ll just avoid this forum till whenever a new chapter drops

What, why? I never actually spoil anything, just express glee when I know what next new great thing is coming and tease a bit so people get hyped. I'm plenty silent sometimes, I don't go all Ursula Cackle every time lol

Tumblr_pt8ll4hf781saqlhvo1_500
joined Mar 12, 2018

I really can't stand Shimamura's mom...

What, why? I never actually spoil anything, just express glee when I know what next new great thing is coming and tease a bit so people get hyped. I'm plenty silent sometimes, I don't go all Ursula Cackle every time lol

I honestly love when you tease us, it really does hype me up;excited for what's next, there's really no fun if there isn't a little teasing.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I honestly love when you tease us, it really does hype me up;excited for what's next, there's really no fun if there isn't a little teasing.

Hehe, thanks. That's legit all I mean it as, just some hype, not to spoil. :) Nor am I trying to act all high and mighty or anything either, I'm just a glorified spellchecker, lol

/resumes giggling in QC

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

/resumes giggling in QC

Don't let it bother you lol. Some people might want to avoid any potential spoilers, even something as simple as whether the next chapter is an exciting one, happy/sad, etc. And that's their choice and what they're doing as their comment states. Having a little bit of a teaser is fine, it can add to the anticipation.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I'm over the moon right now. Got myself to finish an exhausting assignment before rewarding myself with these updates and I got to say, it really healed my soul and soothe my fatigue.
Edit: sorry for the word vomit guys, school's been draining and I finally got to breathe. Thank you for the translation Sneikkimies and for the proofreading Shades (and Gilgamesh iirc?) I refresh Sneik's page rather frequently, this series brings me endless joy.
(Also, don't underestimate your contribution/importance in this process @Shades. I love (meticulous) proofreaders so much)

As Shimamura-like as her acceptance was in the end, she came such a long way! From feeling uneasy that Adachi might be coming to school to see her in volume 1, and feeling uncomfortable and then relieved when she thought that Adachi didn't specifically need her to be the one she spent Christmas with, to finally now thinking that she doesn't have an issue with Adachi loving her, no matter what kind of love that turned out to be. She's grown a lot more comfortable with being around Adachi since, to levels no one else has reached with her before. Rather than the general tolerance she feels for those in her life, she's developed an actual fondness of having Adachi around.
She usually acts carefully around others and like her grandma pointed out, she avoids conflict and prefers harmony (out of practicality), but for Adachi's sake, she turned down Taru pretty damn firmly. For Adachi's sake, she had to intentionally ignore someone else's feelings (ouf). That was quite unlike Shimamura actually, who's super diligent about how she navigates her relationships, but still she knew the importance of making sure the message was conveyed properly and actually did it

Also, Shimamura stating that she didn't regret doing that? Immediately finding her mom and requesting a yukata?? Feeling embarrassed about admitting the real reason she was going out of her way to wear one and running away? Shimamura? The lazy and energy-conservative Shimamura running off to not talk about wearing a yukata to made Adachi happy? HMMM.
Fucking delicious tbh

And holy shit speaking of coming a long way, Shimamura ran after her! Brooooo
Adachi left/ran from her at least twice so far and she never bothered or even tried to understand why, because Shimamura just doesn't bother with ppl beyond a certain point! But she ran after her! In those uncomfortable sandals! So much effort for Adachi's sake!!!
Not to mention after she realised Adachi was probably in love with her (madly in love~), she gave it so much thought? Shimamura doesn't usually fucking do that lmaoo, she's always been like huh? I don't get it but wtv, and just brushes it off. The mental energy she spent on Adachi!! Shimamura did so many things and spent so much energy on Adachi lately, it's mindblowing
If you think about it, times before when she'd just casually agree to something like "whatever", she'd do it because she couldn't be bothered spending that much time on making that decision. But she spent sooo much time thinking about Adachi's feelinnnngggs. The end result (her answer) might seem amusing and lowkey a recurring joke (her usual response), but she took such careful consideration before giving an answer, the care that went into making that decision is unlike everything she's done before ( ´ ▽ ` ) the one other being she's been so careful and serious about is Gon, and that says a lot, honestly.
Another sort of reflection between Gon and Adachi:
Shimamura greeting Gon with a hug when she arrived, and then mimicking that greeting with Adachi when she got back home, even the pats on the head and back
Shimamura declining Taru's call in consideration of properly spending time with Gon
Shimamura declining Taru's invitation in consideration of Adachi's feelings

On and lmfao, the fortune teller is such an unexpected gem of a character. She foresaw that Adachi was lovesick and Shimamura would have trouble with women, and then saw them together and was like... hohoho I see. raises arms in the air, go for it. And her sketchy ass takoyaki lacking the tako too lmfao, I can't believe she chased after them and got them to buy some from her. These little random scenes are so funny, like seeing the pair react over the deformed taiyaki and the octopus'less takoyaki (that chapter was also the most I've ever seen Adachi eat. Can't believe she broke off in a sprint after that too)
(Oh and oops speaking of eating, Shimamura usually doesn't bother understanding or asking more questions and just lets shit go. It was mainly for the sake of teasing, but her going out of her way to repeatedly ask Adachi about the fortune telling was great lmao, Adachi getting rektd by all the purchases she could manage

Also, people mentioned the moms noticing what's up, yes! I'm super grateful Shimamura's mom took the sister out instead, likely recognising that the one time Shimamura would go out of her way to bring out a yukata to go see a friend, is probably not the right time for her to babysit.
And Adachi hasn't been to a festival since she was a kid, aka hasn't owed a yukata for a while. We know she doesn't really spend her money either, and suddenly her mom walks in and Adachi's wearing a yukata that she clearly bought for herself. Definitely an "oh shit my daughter is actually interested in something" moment for her. It was super uncomfortable but I really appreciate her trying to reach out and being involved in her daughter's life, even just a little bit. It wasn't a bad attempt at all.

Final remark:
Shima: I wonder how she'd react if I asked her what does she mean when she said that she loved me. I want to see that face to face.
Adachi irl: runs the heck away
Shima: surprised pikachu face

QC side note, @sneik and shades: p328, second line: "There was nothing about [her] that I disliked?" Or, "There was nothing [] that I disliked?"

last edited at May 20, 2020 12:42AM

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

Her guys theres another yuri light novel that was translated here in dynasty right ? What's the name of it ?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Her guys theres another yuri light novel that was translated here in dynasty right ? What's the name of it ?

A Lesbian Elf and a Cursed Princess (NSFW). Also, just checking the light novel tag on this would have helped to find it easily. ;)

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Also, just checking the light novel tag on this would have helped to find it easily. ;)

Unrelated to the original topic, but I'd forgotten that tag existed and checked it, and it reminded me there was a LN on here I'd planned to read at some point, so thanks for that lol.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Also, just checking the light novel tag on this would have helped to find it easily. ;)

Unrelated to the original topic, but I'd forgotten that tag existed and checked it, and it reminded me there was a LN on here I'd planned to read at some point, so thanks for that lol.

The Lesbian Elf one is also from sneikkimies! I wasn't involved in that one though, it's all him :)

last edited at May 20, 2020 5:25AM

joined Aug 9, 2019

Loving this series so much. I’ve actually got all 8 volumes on my bookshelf, and it’s just serving as a reminder of how much further I have to go with learning Japanese. I could make a good effort but it would leave me mentally exhausted. But with how lovely this story is, it’s still very tempting to do so. Big kudos to the translation team for this, very much appreciating the work you’re putting in.

While I did fail at comfortably reading volume 7, I did sneak a peek at the art and there are some adorable pictures in there. Looking forward to seeing this story develop!

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

The Lesbian Elf one is also from sneikkimies! I wasn't involved in that one though, it's all him :)

Indeed that one thx everyone =)

Had not noticed the LN tag lol sorry for being an idiot I really only come to this site for this i read manga elsewhere.

Damn talk about a difference in quality between novels, I mean lesbian elf princess was an ok smut I guess but the writing was very amateurish in that series that I couldn't take most things seriously, cute ending though and I did sort of enjoy i guess.

Sorry for going off topic here bringing this back to adachi and shimamura what do you guys most want to see from next volume ? I mean obviously getting to see if there's a shift in how Adachi and Shimamura treat each other is what I look forward to the most, seeing them change from acting like friends to lovers, especially with Shimamura I want to see if she's gonna put in the effort to try and act like a lover.

I also want to see the friends reactions and if Adachi and Shimamura will be open to acting like lovers in public or keep it something private.

Don't want to see pointless drama .... Aka them not knowing how to act around each other all of a sudden, leading to fighting about pointless stuff, being overly self conscious and ending up hurting one another, you know the usual.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

I am looking foward the most for VOL.8 cause a whole volume in Shimamura's pov after she all that's happened sounds really interesting but I am just looking foward vol.7 as well since I don't know what to expect, just hoping there won't be pointless drama as well.

hadn't comment in the new chapters yet so just want to thank the team for working in bringing AdaShima here, thanks a lot!

last edited at May 20, 2020 3:54PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Don't want to see pointless drama .... Aka them not knowing how to act around each other all of a sudden, leading to fighting about pointless stuff, being overly self conscious and ending up hurting one another, you know the usual.

I don't really see this happening with these two. Adachi might gain a little bit of confidence in their relationship from this, not having to worry about someone (Tarumi) snatching Shima away from her, but will likely still be her catastrophic self, while Shima has long accepted Adachi's Adachiness and is unlikely to be bothered much by anything that might happen, especially now that she's actually agreed to go out with her.

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

Sorry for going off topic here bringing this back to adachi and shimamura what do you guys most want to see from next volume ? I mean obviously getting to see if there's a shift in how Adachi and Shimamura treat each other is what I look forward to the most, seeing them change from acting like friends to lovers, especially with Shimamura I want to see if she's gonna put in the effort to try and act like a lover.

I also want to see the friends reactions and if Adachi and Shimamura will be open to acting like lovers in public or keep it something private.

If I'm completely honest, I don't think I'd even mind some drama, because in my opinion Hitoma Iruma always handled serious and/or sad scenes pretty well and I think only seeing wholesome scenes could be a bit boring, so I hope there will at least be something with Tarumi or Adachi's mother to keep things interesting lol.
But of course, it would be fantastic if most of the stuff in the later volumes would be just Adachi and Shimamura trying to figure out how to actually go out and letting hilarity ensue (Adachi didn't just stop being chaotic, did she?), but I'm also interested, if we're going to see Adachi's old "acquaintance" again or what's up with the co-worker of Adachi and if the boomerang will ever make a comeback (You will be missed...).
And maybe, just mayyybe I'd like to see something intense, like an accident happening to one of the protagonists or something and the other one dealing with it (but if it happened, I hope that there wouldn't be too much sad stuff of course).
Ahhh, there are so many possibilities, but I think the best outcome would be that Adachi and Shimamura are just happy and vibin' :)
(Oh, and maybe give us Horny Shimamura hehehe).
Idk, either way, I will enjoy it, I mean, I enjoyed every single chapter so far and the story and writing and characters won't just suddenly get terrible, right?

last edited at May 20, 2020 5:29PM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Hmm most of the story so far has been pretty light on drama. Moments of it get introduced, like with Adachi's mom and Gon, and it's spread throughout not lumped together. I expect that will continue. There's still a lot of relatively fast growth ahead of Adachi and Shimamura, so I imagine they will see some happy moments and then conflict between them too.

I'm interested in seeing the side couples reach a resolution too. Yashiro interests me in particular. There has to be some form of conclusion or acknowledgement of her quest to find her brethren. Tarumi of course isn't fully out of the picture. I forget what year of high school they're in now, but I believe it's at least their second year. So college and life after high school is coming up, that would be an easy topic to touch on at some point, especially since they stopped being delinquents together. Adachi's relationship with Hino and Nagafuji still stands to be developed. Lots of avenues to explore, which is good.

joined Oct 5, 2016

As far as future things I'd like to see, beyond the obvious growing romantic relationship steps, I'd really like to see them start dealing with actually telling someone else. Like almost any of the other characters finding out would be really interesting. The moms were already giving off the vibe that they knew their daughters were headed off on a date, it kinda feels like they already have their suspicions about those two, so it'd be interesting to see that. Shimamura's little sister would be quite intrigued to find out that hey, girls can date other girls.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Technically we don't know if Yashiro is a girl. Alien biology and stuff.

To reply you must either login or sign up.