Forum › Wholesome discussion

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

OrangePekoe posted:

However, there may be cause - I don't know presently - to pair Wholesome with a tag you wouldn't do the same with.

Wholesome BDSM stares

wholesome guro

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

OrangePekoe posted:

However, there may be cause - I don't know presently - to pair Wholesome with a tag you wouldn't do the same with.

Wholesome BDSM stares

wholesome guro

No.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I'm sorry for your loss, BV :(

expresses gratitude in a pretty awkward way

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Ironic how it was a discussion on the tag wholesome fell into chaos so quickly. Several people, especially shadowofgreymoon, started throwing the feet tag around as a weapon

It's because I was trying very hard to derail people with something stupid and/or funny so that there wouldn't be what we ended up with anyway. It's not because I was trying to kinkshame or something, good grief.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

With regard to what the tag should be used for, and bear in mind that I don't officially have anything to do with placing tags, I'd say that wholesome is more an approach to a story than, say, whether it includes sexual content or not. I would imagine it would be rarely applied to sexual or violent content though, especially the more extreme or kinky sorts. But if there's a pervading sense of niceness to the whole thing even with those elements, I guess it would be okay.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

OrangePekoe posted:

Wholesome BDSM stares

wholesome guro

No.

Yes~
Let it take your mind

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Ironic how it was a discussion on the tag wholesome fell into chaos so quickly. Several people, especially shadowofgreymoon, started throwing the feet tag around as a weapon

It's because I was trying very hard to derail people with something stupid and/or funny so that there wouldn't be what we ended up with anyway. It's not because I was trying to kinkshame or something, good grief.

Your punishment for trying to do good is 5 years in the dungeon with access to Feet smut only.

Guards! Take her away!

would foot smut be called "foot holding"?

joined Oct 22, 2018

Please don't remind me of that one cursed image.

last edited at May 15, 2020 6:23PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

For the record, I loved this joke and every single post in this thread. You brought cheer to my dreary day and I appreciate you for it!

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

BV will also be sent to the dungeon for exposing me to what is perhaps the most cursed image I have ever seen.
As they say in the animes, I can't get married now.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Please don't remind me of that one cursed image.

Wow, that's worse than I was expecting.

joined May 24, 2015

Ah, discourse, always a pleasure to see. As for the improper tagging of Wholesome, we've got mods to purge the memers tagging improperly

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

For the record, I loved this joke and every single post in this thread. You brought cheer to my dreary day and I appreciate you for it!

Haha, I'm glad at least someone thought I was funny. So no Feet for you. Or do you want Feet? Cuz it can be arranged.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

BugDevil (who, despite how easy they fall into arguments, was actually among some of my favorite Dynasty Readers (I mean, the circle of those I consider that is actually quite extensive, so that's not really telling all that much in retrospect, but still)) got perma-banned. long deep sigh

I'm sorry but they've been trashing and shitting on you for the past several months. You shouldn't be content with that kind of behavior.

joined Oct 22, 2018

I think I should point out that the

long deep sigh

part was supposed to be it own section of the post, to top off the entire post as a whole, not just a part of the BugDevil section of the post. Maybe I should've defined the post in different paragraphs?

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I think I should point out that the

long deep sigh

part was supposed to be it own section of the post, to top off the entire post as a whole, not just a part of the BugDevil section of the post. Maybe I should've defined the post in different paragraphs?

You fail. Thrice the Feet: A Real Feast O' Feet for you. A "Feetst", if you will.

last edited at May 16, 2020 6:06PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Well, at least you got the decency to make a pun good enough to make me laugh at the end.

"Just one bright spot in an otherwise dismal slog."
~ Kings & Generals (on the British retreat through the Cantabrian mountains in winter 1808-9)

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Bless this tag, so glad that Dynasty-scans added it in!
A while ago I wanted to add a "happy ending" tag but realized it would be obvious spoilers.
This is such a better solution! If you want to read something that'll put a big, stupid, happy grin on your face after reading, then this is the tag for you!

This is, indeed, the tag for me. I'm pretty sure it was made personally for me.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Dust myself off, cough a couple times to get rid of the ash in my lungs

Well that was a blast! I didn’t think something so innocent as the introduction of a new tag would be so controversial.

I think that of somebody drew a huge Venn diagram of which tags are mutually exclusive of each other would clear up this mess of an ‘ahem’ debate about the use of this tag to label mangas. Someone from admin should spell it out and quell the flames by making the boundaries of what qualifies as “wholesome”.

I’m glad the tag stays— a welcome edition to this website which should help new members what high quality, feel-good mangas are out there.

Now I’m off to take a shower to get the dust washed off.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Dust myself off, cough a couple times to get rid of the ash in my lungs

Well that was a blast! I didn’t think something so innocent as the introduction of a new tag would be so controversial.

I think that of somebody drew a huge Venn diagram of which tags are mutually exclusive of each other would clear up this mess of an ‘ahem’ debate about the use of this tag to label mangas. Someone from admin should spell it out and quell the flames by making the boundaries of what qualifies as “wholesome”.

I’m glad the tag stays— a welcome edition to this website which should help new members what high quality, feel-good mangas are out there.

Now I’m off to take a shower to get the dust washed off.

Here you go:

joined Mar 8, 2019

It‘s impossible to please everyone. People have varying beliefs in regards to what wholesome means to them. Imposing qualifications would be difficult because who really has authority to draw the line? Staff can regulate but that won’t stop the occasional reader from believing the tag doesn’t belong.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

anim8tur posted:

Staff can regulate but that won’t stop the occasional reader from believing the tag doesn’t belong.

I mean, if tag Yuri is anything to go by...

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

This is, indeed, the tag for me. I'm pretty sure it was made personally for me.

It was! Congratulations and Happy 2020!

Well, you got your Venn diagram. Much like the far more specific Idiot Couple tag, I think we're at a stage of, "Tag everything that obviously fits what we have in mind." The firm definition and exclusion(s) will come after, but not much later.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

anim8tur posted:

Staff can regulate but that won’t stop the occasional reader from believing the tag doesn’t belong.

I mean, if tag Yuri is anything to go by...

That’s only Subtext!!! Lol sorry . . .

joined Dec 30, 2018

Thank you

To reply you must either login or sign up.