Forum › Even If It Was Just Once, I Regret It discussion

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

extorting physical services for rent

Cool erotica trope.

cheese in gyoza

I'm out of here!

But seriously, yeah, whew that chapter 8!

As for earlier discussion, why is "pay rent money, or I evict you" a legitimate business transaction, but "have sex or pay money, or I evict you" extortion?

Biology. Sex acts release neurochemicals that stimulate emotional dependency and build intimacy. As such, human society, in general, tends to afford greater weight to sexual activity than other behaviors, and so forcing someone to engage in them without honest consent is traumatic, and therefore immoral.

It's not the same for everyone, because people are different, but in general, this is why sex crimes are more traumatic than non-sex crimes, and why casual sex is so hard of a concept for a lot of people.

Simply offering an alternate payment form really isn't proper extortion. Depending on where you are it could probably fall afoul of prostitution laws but that's a different can of worms. Traditional extortion would be more along the lines of "pay me your rent and if you know what's good for you give me some nooky on the side or we will find something to evict you for."

For something to be blackmail or extortion there must be a threat made. Simply offering somebody an alternative option to save them from becoming homeless due to their own fault and failure to pay rent doesn't meet that requirement. The Land Lady made no threat.

As for people describing this as rape. Again that's a completely false statement and a misuse of the word. For rape to occur the sexual act must not be consensual. Prostitution and rape are not synonyms.

last edited at Apr 24, 2020 4:00PM

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

I love this a lot

Ao3
joined Apr 23, 2019

Cool erotica trope.

cheese in gyoza

I'm out of here!

As for earlier discussion, why is "pay rent money, or I evict you" a legitimate business transaction, but "have sex or pay money, or I evict you" extortion?

Biology. Sex acts release neurochemicals that stimulate emotional dependency and build intimacy. As such, human society, in general, tends to afford greater weight to sexual activity than other behaviors, and so forcing someone to engage in them without honest consent is traumatic, and therefore immoral.

It's not the same for everyone, because people are different, but in general, this is why sex crimes are more traumatic than non-sex crimes, and why casual sex is so hard of a concept for a lot of people.

Simply offering an alternate payment form really isn't proper extortion. Depending on where you are it could probably fall afoul of prostitution laws but that's a different can of worms. Traditional extortion would be more along the lines of "pay me your rent and if you know what's good for you give me some nooky on the side or we will find something to evict you for."

For something to be blackmail or extortion there must be a threat made. Simply offering somebody an alternative option to save them from becoming homeless due to their own fault and failure to pay rent doesn't meet that requirement. The Land Lady made no threat.

As for people describing this as rape. Again that's a completely false statement and a misuse of the word. For rape to occur the sexual act must not be consensual. Prostitution and rape are not synonyms.

PEople! CALM DOWN! this is fictional yuri.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Cool erotica trope.

cheese in gyoza

I'm out of here!

Yeah, it's just a cute fictional little yuri story which is exactly why it drives me nuts when I see people screeching about rape and extortion particularly when neither are actually even in the story to begin with.

joined Mar 8, 2019

Yeah, it's just a cute fictional little yuri story which is exactly why it drives me nuts when I see people screeching about rape and extortion particularly when neither are actually even in the story to begin with.

Calling it extortion/rape is definitely excessive. It's not like Landlady threatened to evict her if she didn't have sex with her nor did she harass her into submission... Kozuka put it out there with "I'll do anything". Pretty sure Landlady would have proposed something tamer if she hadn't uttered those words. And Landlady believed there to be consent, even was hurt and upset when Kozuka implied there wasn't, because she didn't know Kozuka was drunk and incapable of realizing/remembering her actions.

last edited at Apr 24, 2020 8:12PM

C44d8dc6-30f6-464b-9df6-21306e5b293c
joined May 16, 2017

Neighbor has fantastic taste. Fangs are cute af, and delivery lady looked absolutely adorable. Pray to see their happy reunion!

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Do you not understand that a person cannot legally consent while drunk? It is not exactly rape, but it is not consensual. This is not about prostitution, because if she had been sober Kozuka would never have done it. Ritsuka abused her vulnerable state (faced with eviction, having no alternatives and being drunk) to have sex with her. This is even acknowledged by herself. The title of the story itself is about her regret of having done it against Kozuka's will.

Everything after the initial one night stand was actually a conscious decision by Kozuka, so those are fine. There is no reason to downplay that the initial situation was bad, because the characters know that it was. They are slowly making up for a mistake.

And Landlady believed there to be consent, even was hurt and upset when Kozuka implied there wasn't, because she didn't know Kozuka was drunk and incapable of realizing/remembering her actions.

This is flat out wrong. Ritsuka literally acknowledged that it was wrong because Kozuka was drunk. She absolutely knew that she was drunk too and couldn't legally consent while she had sex with her.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/even_if_it_was_just_once_i_regret_it_ch01#6
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/even_if_it_was_just_once_i_regret_it_ch6_2#6

last edited at Apr 25, 2020 5:40AM

joined Mar 8, 2019

Do you not understand that a person cannot legally consent while drunk? It is not exactly rape, but it is not consensual. This is not about prostitution, because if she had been sober Kozuka would never have done it. Ritsuka abused her vulnerable state (faced with eviction, having no alternatives and being drunk) to have sex with her. This is even acknowledged by herself. The title of the story itself is about her regret of having done it against Kozuka's will.

Both characters regret the encounter. Landlady regrets asking her to do it in the first place while Kozuka obviously regrets doing it, but her later regret will be not remembering properly/being a pillow princess or to that effect.

This is flat out wrong. Ritsuka literally acknowledged that it was wrong because Kozuka was drunk. She absolutely knew that she was drunk too and couldn't legally consent while she had sex with her.

I don’t remember Landlady admitting that she knew Kozuka was nearly blackout drunk when she asked for sex. I only know she accepts that Kozuka was shit faced drunk after Kozuka stated she doesn’t remember what happened.

The first panel has Ritsuka noticing the drinks. The second panel has her scratching her head saying “guess you were kind of drunk,” which for me means before/during the sexual encounter, she wasn’t really paying attention to her surroundings (I mean she didn’t take the time to notice all the beer since she was busy fondling those f cups) and genuinely believed Kozuka was lucid enough for consent not to be impaired.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/even_if_it_was_just_once_i_regret_it_ch01#7.

She insists that Kozuka consented, which leads me to think that at the time of said sexual encounter, she definitely thought Kozuka was coherent enough to agree.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/even_if_it_was_just_once_i_regret_it_ch6_2#6

I don’t take it to mean Ritsuka knew Kozuka was bombed when she asked. For me, Landlady acknowledges that Kozuka was in that state because Kozuka had repeatedly declared her impairment and has mentioned she only likes men prior to Chapter 6’s exchange. It is clarification that she believes she’s shitty for what happened because Kozuka turned out to be shit faced drunk but it doesn’t necessarily mean she knew at the time about Kozuka’s stupor. But now she knows Kozuka regrets the counter and she regrets causing pain for the person she loves.

After glancing that chapter again, I noticed blurry speech and the fact that she had the contract ready in that flashback. Could it be that Ritsuka had been joking but then drunk Kozuka hadn’t comprehended that and only focused on the “have sex with me.”?

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/even_if_it_was_just_once_i_regret_it_ch6_2

Also, Kozuka admits that she hugged Ritsuka after the proposition, so perhaps Ritsuka was too distracted by the fact that her love was holding her to properly inspect Kozuka’s state of mind.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/even_if_it_was_just_once_i_regret_it_ch6_2#2

But maybe you’re right and I missed something. I may need to re read the whole thing. But so far, based on what I’ve read/remember, my interpretation is that Ritsuka didn’t know Kozuka’s impaired consent drunk state when Kozuka took her up on her offer.

last edited at Apr 25, 2020 8:52AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Both characters regret the encounter. Landlady regrets asking her to do it in the first place while Kozuka obviously regrets doing it, but her later regret will be not remembering properly/being a pillow princess or to that effect.

While Kozuka says she regrets it at the very beginning, ultimately the turn-out is leaning towards her having enjoyed it and slowly opening up to a gay relationship. She has not experienced any emotional trauma from it.

Ritsuka on the other hand has been emotionally hurt and self-loathing because of what she did and basically recited the title directly. I think it is quite clever how the author misled who the title was refering to.

I don’t remember Landlady admitting that she knew Kozuka was nearly blackout drunk when she asked for sex. I only know she accepts that Kozuka was shit faced drunk after Kozuka stated she doesn’t remember what happened.

The first panel has Ritsuka noticing the drinks. The second panel has her scratching her head saying “guess you were kind of drunk,” which for me means before/during the sexual encounter, she wasn’t really paying attention to her surroundings (I mean she didn’t take the time to notice all the beer since she was busy fondling those f cups) and genuinely believed Kozuka was lucid enough for consent not to be impaired.

Uhm... it's nearly impossible not to notice someone is sloshed, especially when you kiss them. She might not have expected her to be black-out drunk, but the statement "guess you were kinda drunk" implies that she noticed beforehand.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/even_if_it_was_just_once_i_regret_it_ch01#7.

She insists that Kozuka consented, which leads me to think that at the time of said sexual encounter, she definitely thought Kozuka was coherent enough to agree.

I interpret that statement as an emotional defense, rather than a reasonable belief. But that is up to you I suppose.

But maybe you’re right and I missed something. I may need to re read the whole thing. But so far, based on what I’ve read/remember, my interpretation is that Ritsuka didn’t know Kozuka’s impaired consent drunk state when Kozuka took her up on her offer.

Look... even if you believe that she did not notice she was drunk, however unrealistic that may be, it does not change the fact that Kozuka was not capable of consent. It is still a huge mistake that Ritsuka regrets. Because she did not want to take advantage or abuse the one she loves.

last edited at Apr 25, 2020 9:56AM

joined Mar 8, 2019

While Kozuka says she regrets it at the very beginning, ultimately the turn-out is leaning towards her having enjoyed it and slowly opening up to a gay relationship. She has not experienced any emotional trauma from it.

She expresses regret after she realizing she’d somehow hurt Ritsuka’s feelings.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/even_if_it_was_just_once_i_regret_it_ch5_2#4

Ritsuka on the other hand has been emotionally hurt and self-loathing because of what she did and basically recited the title directly. I think it is quite clever how the author misled who the title was refering to.

Kozuka’s remembering more and more about that night. That blurred part of the speech in chapter 6 will probably cause Kozuka to regret something else though.

I always assumed the possibility that the ‘it’ could mean more than just their sexual encounter. The story definitely has potential for more than just 21 (or should I say 42 since it’s in halves) chapters and the vagueness of the ‘it’ sets up for future shenanigans and further exploration of backstory.

We are given elements of where the characters could also have experienced regret.

Ritsuka had girlfriends/dated girls in high school. Did something happen to turn her into the anti social loner she is now? Does Kozuka regret quitting her job for whatever reason she had?

And after Neighbor shared her back story, I maintain the over all theme of the story could be about the multitude of regrets the characters have and the way they cope/fix/deal with ‘it’, one regret at a time, so they can better their lives.

Though it could be as simple as what you believe.

I do have a tendency to over think and make things more complicated than they have to be in terms of story telling and character development.

It really all depends on how long the series will be.

Uhm... it's nearly impossible not to notice someone is sloshed, especially when you kiss them. She might not have expected her to be black-out drunk, but the statement "guess you were kinda drunk" implies that she noticed beforehand.

I don’t doubt she tasted the alcohol but that doesn’t mean necessarily mean Ritsuka knew Kozuka was drunk. The taste and scent of alcohol lingers after just one drink.

For me the way she notices just how many empty beer cans after waking up and the “guess” and “kinda” sets it up as a post realization, like it’s an afterthought due to Kozuka’s morning after reaction and the way Ritsuka notices her surroundings, not prior confirmation of knowledge.

A “Guess you were that drunk.” would be more convincing for me.

Like I said; Ritsuka was probably too busy indulging in Kozuka’s warmth to really try and figure out if Kozuka was indeed in the right state of mind.

I interpret that statement as an emotional defense, rather than a reasonable belief. But that is up to you I suppose.

I don’t think she’d be defensive if she had known earlier that she did anything wrong. I read it more like desperation, Ritsuka trying to convince/remind Kozuka that she didn’t take advantage like some sleazy predator because Kozuka is insisting there was no way she’d have said yes since she only likes men.

Though I understand how one could interpret it as Ritsuka trying to cover up her shame.

I don’t read her as that type of character. She seems more likely to recognize her mistakes and wallow in misery than the type to deny her wrongdoings.

Look... even if you believe that she did not notice she was drunk, however unrealistic that may be, it does not change the fact that Kozuka was not capable of consent. It is still a huge mistake that Ritsuka regrets. Because she did not want to take advantage or abuse the one she loves.

Exactly. From what I’ve read Ritsuka is the type of person who wouldn’t do something untoward as knowingly taking advantage of the woman she loves, which ultimately reinforces my belief that she didn’t know Kozuka was drunk when they had sex.

Her character seems like she’s used to prejudice due to her sexuality so it didn’t feel like she would perpetuate a negative stereotype by purposely taking advantage of a down in the dumps drunken straight girl.

She would not push for anything Kozuka would be uncomfortable with because she loves her so much.

Also, according to Ritsuka’s account of that evening Kozuka was responsive when they slept together. Which is probably why she didn’t doubt Kozuka’s lucidity.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/even_if_it_was_just_once_i_regret_it_ch01#10

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/even_if_it_was_just_once_i_regret_it_ch01#16

And I’m not trying to change your mind. That’s not my intention at all. I’m just trying to have a healthy discussion about how I came to certain conclusions so thank you for your responses.

Overall I enjoy the story and can’t wait to meet Fang Girl. Wouldn’t it be funny if she was one of the girls Ritsuko dated?

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Something that surpases Gender eh? Its not like you have had Lesbian sex or anything, did you think that was just pent Up frustration?

last edited at Apr 26, 2020 3:48PM

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

Something that surpases Gender eh? Its not like you have had Lesbian sex or anything, did you think that was just pent Up frustration?

They might be pertaining to a romantic relationship, or from this chapter perhaps a longing to be with someone.

Fb_img_1554123071250
joined Mar 2, 2020

Wait Jupiter glows...?

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Words can't describe how much I love this artstyle it's so fresh and looks so unique

joined Feb 23, 2016

Aww:)

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

how romantic

joined Apr 5, 2015

Wait Jupiter glows...?

All planets do, sorta, it is how we could see them before telescope (we couldn't see anything past Saturn, though). They reflect light, like the moon.

Elixhono
joined Apr 28, 2020

Yay, keep up the update really love this manga.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

The only thing that glows are their red faces in the chilly night~

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

The only thing that glows are their red faces in the chilly night~

Have you heard the tale of Rudolf?

MurphysCurse
Unbenannttz
joined Aug 17, 2016

Either I have become so unawear of how much off a weeb faggotte I have become and thus just not noticing the weirdness anymore or some people just go way fucking overboard with the hole "paying with sex is bad" thing and at this point I am too afraid to ask :3
I just really like the story and artstyle but than I visit the comments and see an article of why I probably shouldnt like it caus it bad so I am bad and I should just fucking quiet life reeeeeeeeeeee.

Elixhono
joined Apr 28, 2020

Either I have become so unawear of how much off a weeb faggotte I have become and thus just not noticing the weirdness anymore or some people just go way fucking overboard with the hole "paying with sex is bad" thing and at this point I am too afraid to ask :3
I just really like the story and artstyle but than I visit the comments and see an article of why I probably shouldnt like it caus it bad so I am bad and I should just fucking quiet life reeeeeeeeeeee.

For the most part I do find those people annoying especially when it comes to hentai story with rape and lolicon tag, like what were they expecting? For the story to be nothing like the tag say, or did they just want to complain like some sort of moral police even though they just read the same freaking story for some reason.

In here I can somewhat understand why some people take offense because it is not a hentai. is somewhat a slice of life, one where you can relate and empathize with the character, and it is easy to see why some people are discomfortable with the idea that landlady took advantage of a vulnerable drunk woman. Granted in the context of the story, it is meant to be that the landlady was trying to help a lady down on her luck and at the same time get laid, not being aware at the time that she was taking advantage of her, which she admit later.

For some people, just the idea of taking advantage of a vulnerable person and having sex with them is too terrible for them to enjoy the story, which fair to them. But when they are acting like people cannot enjoy it unless they condone sexual predator, its when they basically become self-center people who cannot understand that everybody different, and what they like in fiction does not always translate to reality.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Love it. Moreeeee.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Either I have become so unawear of how much off a weeb faggotte....

Not even sure what that's supposed to be, but If you could leave the "fag"-adjacent stuff wherever you found it, that'd be swell. Given the site is full of gay stuff and the forum equally full of gay readers, no need to make it all weird.

And no, in case you're wondering, you're not in trouble or anything.

Dc571277-4c38-43be-886d-4a3af98af64b%20-%20copia
joined Oct 14, 2019

"Is that a UFO?" LOL, my dad literally used this as a pick up line with my mom and they've been together for over 30 years now...
GOOD LUCK LANDLADY-SAN!

To reply you must either login or sign up.