Forum › Kadan -Helichrysum- discussion

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Im glad theres a "to be continued" or Id look like an idiot nervous laughter

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

So looks like Shion isn't really the predator that many of you accused her of in previous chapters, eh?

This is why you wait for the story to play out before you jump to conclusions.

ikr, when you judge something, you should know BOTH versions of the affair and not only from the most druken side of the story. Not only Nozomi was the one who asked Shion but Shion didn't want to in the beginning.

joined Jan 6, 2018

It's so far-fetched

joined Jan 3, 2020

Shion walking away at the end is obviously just because she thinks now that Nozomi has remembered and is sober and apologizing that they'll just go back to being normal friends, which she isn't happy about. They just need to sit down together and talk honestly without one of them getting up and running off after 2 minutes, lol.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Oh look at that, it was consentual all along and all people's self-righteous moralizing and vilification of Shion was premature and pointless. In fact, Nozomi has been the one at fault in every problem this story has presented.

Who would have thought.

joined Jan 21, 2020

So looks like Shion isn't really the predator that many of you accused her of in previous chapters, eh?

ikr, when you judge something, you should know BOTH versions of the affair and not only from the most druken side of the story. Not only Nozomi was the one who asked Shion but Shion didn't want to in the beginning.

Except that people were obviously speculating based on what we knew at that point, which is a completely reasonable thing to do. You dont have to wait for a story to finish to discuss your opinions of a series and its characters lol.

AnAsianBrony
Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Well, well, well, how the turn tables...

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

One chapter left. It will come out when it's ready.

In the meantime, I'll just be here with my popcorn. Let the carnage commence!

joined Feb 23, 2016

I really do like how the cover changes up all the time eventually she leaves like she did in the cover..

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Except, you know, this story is designed in such a way as to encourage the readers to theorize about the story and, as you say, “jump to conclusions,” only to change said conclusions as they get more of the story. It’s actually pretty fun, especially when your previously bad conclusions get proven wrong like in this case.

Personally speaking, my conclusions from earlier on in this thread were solely based on the information I had gotten about the drunken night as of Chapter 2. Now that more info has come out, my theory has changed (as I said it would), and Shion certainly looks much better. Nozomi was clearly the instigator there, and Shion even tried to refuse at first. There’s still some legal greyness here (not that anyone here seems to care), and I found Shion’s whole attempt at memory modification a little strange, but Shion still appears to be the more innocent of the two. I still think Shion should have just refused and let Nozomi realize what she was saying... but given the circumstances, I can understand why she did what she did.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

I really do like how the cover changes up all the time eventually she leaves like she did in the cover..

Yeah, that’s a really nice touch. I am hoping that the two of them manage to reconcile their feelings (and maybe have some sober sex), and the implication of Nozomi winding up alone in the end doesn’t come to pass.

joined Jul 26, 2019

Next chapter reverse mode , its nozomi up to shion in hotel ^^

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Still a bad thing to do no matter which way you see it, would you fuck your bestfriend that just got cheated on and is drunk to the point she can't remember anything the next day? No, because anyone is smart enough to know its going to cause problems, but oh well its just a manga after all

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

Shion alpha as fuck, get this weak ass bitch outta here. If only... too bad for all the spoilers and stuff

Elixhono
joined Apr 28, 2020

I mean hey, as long as the reader are engage, there should not be a problem with the people who like the sexual assault, and the people demoralizing the character for sexual assault that is no longer sexual assault. Its a manga meant to fulfilled people fantasy, with potentially a decent story behind it. Stories are meant to invoke emotions, and clearly showing a narrative of a confuse girl waking up naked and slowly piercing the pieces together. We just there to go on that journey, with some empathizing the character, or just enjoying the artwork.

This does bring up a good topic when it comes to accusation, because both side of the story is always needed. Just look at Johnny Deep, and how quickly became portrayed as an abuser, only for years later people discovering he might have been the victim.

That being said, drunk sex is usually not a good idea. Alcohol is not a great anti-depression. Especially with research indicating that long term alcohol use can cause worsening of depression and mood swing.

Whether she was a good friend for having sex with her when being told, it is up for debate. Because not everybody makes the best decision that in hindsight might have been a terrible idea. We sometime do things because our friends ask us and we do not want to disappoint them or break their trust. Being put in difficult and sometime unfair position of power especially when in this context, seem to be something that could at the time be a benefit for both of them short term.

last edited at May 4, 2020 9:25PM

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Sex (or rather the warmth of another person) can be healing, so I don't see a big problem with them ending up in bed. Not a thing you should do irl if you can avoid it (drunk cuddleing might have been enough), but if it happens, it happens.

Also nice to see that she isn't a predator. She felt too soft and caring for that in my mind.

joined Jan 9, 2020

Honestly man, I still don't see it. It was "consensual", but like... considering the circumstances, it was still not a good move by Shion. I mean, imagine your pal goes through a rough breakup, gets piss-drunk and then hands you a gun, telling you to just shoot him in the face. Would you do it? Of fucking course not, because you know it's just his emotions and the booze talking, he would never ask this in a rational state of mind and it's kind of insane. Same logic applies here. Shion knew that the offer was a result of her friend being vulnerable and blackout drunk. The decent move would've been to tell her friend off and get her sobered up, and then offer some actual emotional support (also, what the fuck was that weird "you broke up because you didn't love him anymore" gaslighting speech, anyway?).

So imo not a rapist, but certainly a dick move and taking the easy opportunity to get a score off your vulnerable unrequited love. She didn't deserve the rapist and assault rep, but she does deserve the betrayal accusation.

joined Mar 8, 2019

I can’t blame Nozomi for what she asked since she was in a really awful situation. She was feeling unwanted and unloved. Yet I can’t fault Shion for accepting because it seems like she’s been in love with Nozomi for a while. It’s a combination of her wanting to help Nozomi forget her pain, a small part of her wanting to show Nozomi she loves her, and of course fulfilling her desires.

I wonder though if Nozomi knew Shion loved her? Or did she think Shion was just into girls?

It’s also messed because she never let Shion confess so that things between them would not change yet she practically dragged Shion out of that closet for her own benefit.

joined Jun 12, 2019

I’m confused

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

Hindsight is always 20/20. It sounded like a duck and quacked like one. You can act all high and mighty about how one party is worse or better than the other. But the whole situation is sketchy when you toss in alcohol and someone clearly in a highly distressed emotional state. Wow, people jumping in to defend someone who was super smashed to the degree of blanking out a good chunk of memories until plot convenience. Who da thunk? It's not like there aren't real life cases of people taking advantage of someone completely smashed by alcohol. Because that IS a thing. We are all colored by our own life experiences. I'm not surprised if that's the first impression people jump to, because that's also what the author wants the readers to think in order to pull the rug from under us. Anyway.

Doesn't excuse either one from being guilty of doing something stupid. Neither Nozomi nor Shion are squeaky clean of wrongdoings. Now shut up, sit down, drink your goddamn tea and talk it out like actual adults instead of running off in the middle of a conversation. Is the adults tag just for show or what?

Lil-Dumpster-Rat
2020-10-01%20(2)
joined Jul 27, 2019

I know this is supposed to be dramatic and all but, I keep laughing

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

Honestly I also think Shion still kinda regrets it a bit. She was fine with both of them forgetting it completely, but now that Nozomi remembers I think she at least partly feels guilty about it, even though it wasn't her fault.

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

This feels like a k-drama

Elixhono
joined Apr 28, 2020

Honestly man, I still don't see it. It was "consensual", but like... considering the circumstances, it was still not a good move by Shion. I mean, imagine your pal goes through a rough breakup, gets piss-drunk and then hands you a gun, telling you to just shoot him in the face. Would you do it? Of fucking course not, because you know it's just his emotions and the booze talking, he would never ask this in a rational state of mind and it's kind of insane. Same logic applies here. Shion knew that the offer was a result of her friend being vulnerable and blackout drunk. The decent move would've been to tell her friend off and get her sobered up, and then offer some actual emotional support (also, what the fuck was that weird "you broke up because you didn't love him anymore" gaslighting speech, anyway?).

So imo not a rapist, but certainly a dick move and taking the easy opportunity to get a score off your vulnerable unrequited love. She didn't deserve the rapist and assault rep, but she does deserve the betrayal accusation.

I mean Hindsight is 20/20, and unlike the gun analogy, where that is obviously a bad idea both in the short and long term, having sex with her at first does not seem like the worst idea. Especially since the character loves her, she seeing an opportunity that she probably never have a chance again, and might help her friend out in the process. Thinking short term, its a win-win, as her friend can forget the pain, and she can have sex with the person she loves. Long term wise, is not the best idea in the world, and stuff like that happen. Where we think of helping our friend in the short term and not thinking of the long term consequences due to being afraid of not being a good friend or not being able to help them. Its call being human, we do not always know the best decision, especially in the heat of the moment and makes mistake.

last edited at May 4, 2020 11:28PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.