Forum › The Demon Girl Next Door discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

We're slowly updating chapters with broken pages, but we can't really manually go through every single page in any simple and efficient way. If you notice any issues with the series at all, please continue letting us know!

At least we're free from the arguments in Mangadex comments.

Just you wait, Henry Higgins.

20230113_090020
joined Nov 25, 2018

Poor Lico/Rico, completely misjudged her relationship with tapir god.

Fun fact ch61 p6 4th panel, you can see Lico holding some things. The amount of attention to detail in this 4 Koma puts so many other manga to shame

last edited at Apr 10, 2020 5:21AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Poor Lico/Rico, completely misjudged her relationship with tapir god.

Fun fact ch61 p6 4th panel, you can see Lico holding some things. The amount of attention to detail in this 4 Koma puts so many other manga to shame

Itou is an absolute genius at inserting background details, context clues and bringing back seemingly unimportant details. There are countless examples of this already, too many to list. This has gotten to the point where people can actually claim that nothing that ever happens in this manga is without meaning. It will always come back in some way.

For people who love lore, speculation and intricate puzzles this manga is a gold mine. The 4koma style is actually a limiter put onto it because it would be too powerful in a normal format. lol

joined Jan 22, 2015

At least we're free from the arguments in Mangadex comments.

I genuinely believe that Mangadex would be a better site if the ability to comment was removed. That or they need to get themselves a couple of Nez-chans.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

TOKI WA KITA

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Time%20to%20go%20home%20and%20shlick
joined Jan 18, 2016

I can't believe the absolute mad lass actually just said that!
Toki Wa Kita indeed

last edited at Apr 14, 2020 2:09PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

joined Nov 9, 2018

Momo turning that Subtext into just Text

joined Jul 26, 2016

Momo turning that Subtext into just Text

Momo don't sub after all

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

Toki wa kita! TOKI WA KITA!!!

Anyway, Ogura getting her shady hands on a QB's colleague/Light familiar that could grant Magical girl power does not bode well...

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That fish sure chose the wrong new candidate... :D

And we can see you blush Momo, deflect as much as you want...

Chamo
joined Mar 15, 2019

I believe we have, once again, canonically destroyed that subtext tag, good job Momo.

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

Should've had Ugalu eat the fish instead. Damn QB wannabes. Unsure if letting Ogura have the fish is a good idea. But it's Ogura so anything is possible. You know what, this is fine. Everybody should get an Ogura button.

The magical girls so far are all really reasonable bunch. I kept expecting some extremely bloodthirsty point starved magical wackos to show up. But even the latest stalker is actually very reasonable and only has a vendetta against Lico. Thinking about it, if a magical girl is that warped, Shamiko's 'brainwashing' would be the perfect antidote to that. Just replace dark sludgey things with... whatever's the opposite of black oppressive goo.

13124839_1589396498054389_6595928075628769960_n
joined Nov 14, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_demon_girl_next_door_ch03

Panel 3, last sentence

Did they reference fucking Brazil V Germany?

There was also the infamous 28-3 scoreline

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

As for the anime, the manga past it in the middle of Ch.27.

I knew some legend might mention this in the comments! Also, did the anime miss any content from the 4koma or does it match up to where they left it?

Update:
...... Up to date on all chapters now...... I pray for more anime, the story got pretty in depth and became more CGDCT at the same time + more characters (gonna miss the ansestue but happy at the result lol) only thing that's kinda bugging me, it sorta went off on a SOL tangent after the Sakura magical girl thing and they just dropped trying to find out what happened to daddy box.... maybe in later chapters shrugs

last edited at Apr 15, 2020 1:35PM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I binge read the thirty or so chapters that came out recently in two days, and they're so good. Lot of story development, plot hasn't moved along as much as it could have in terms of main Dark Clan / Light Clan stuff, but pieces of it are there. It sort of seems there's still a lot of new elements being introduced.

Loving Shamiko's character development from weak, living on 40,000 yen/month demon girl to the new confident boss who can do some awesome things with dream sludge cleaning.

The goldfish really is inexperienced, choosing a Dark Clan person to try and persuade. Although, it's possible Ryo isn't part of the Dark Clan. At the very least, cat Sakura said something like Shamiko took on her sister's curse too.

Also, is this really still subtext? Shamiko and Momo have been doing some very suspiciously in-love things for each other...

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Update:
...... Up to date on all chapters now...... I pray for more anime, the story got pretty in depth and became more CGDCT at the same time + more characters (gonna miss the ansestue but happy at the result lol) only thing that's kinda bugging me, it sorta went off on a SOL tangent after the Sakura magical girl thing and they just dropped trying to find out what happened to daddy box.... maybe in later chapters shrugs

After finding out Sakura's location (inside Shamiko), they decided that protecting the city and improving Shamiko takes priority. Sakura will eventually be able to talk to Shamiko again, so they can still find out about what happened later. For now resolving conflicts or problems around town is their main focus. And along the way they keep learning new stuff and gaining allies, which will make solving Sakura's issue easier.

Daddy box doesn't matter to anyone in this story though. Not even Seiko lol

Loving Shamiko's character development from weak, living on 40,000 yen/month demon girl to the new confident boss who can do some awesome things with dream sludge cleaning.

She isn't actually confident though. She boasts and puts up a strong facade, the same way she did in the early chapters, only now she can get away with it, because her allies make up for her weaknesses.
You can tell her constant self-doubt. She still has a lot of growing to do.

Also, is this really still subtext? Shamiko and Momo have been doing some very suspiciously in-love things for each other...

On Mangadex it's now tagged yuri, but Dynasty's standards are a bit higher I guess... Maybe Yuri crush should be suggested at least?

last edited at Apr 20, 2020 2:36AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

On Mangadex it's now tagged yuri, but Dynasty's standards are a bit higher I guess... Maybe Yuri crush should be suggested at least?

Clearly they're just normal.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

She isn't actually confident though. She boasts and puts up a strong facade, the same way she did in the early chapters, only now she can get away with it, because her allies make up for her weaknesses.
You can tell her constant self-doubt. She still has a lot of growing to do.

I wouldn't make too much of a distinction between the two, putting up a facade vs truly believing in it inherently. In cases like this at least. For somebody who has no confidence to even have moments of believing in themselves or their actions, I think that's big.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I wouldn't make too much of a distinction between the two, putting up a facade vs truly believing in it inherently. In cases like this at least. For somebody who has no confidence to even have moments of believing in themselves or their actions, I think that's big.

I get where you are coming from, but Shamiko constantly doubts herself at every turn. She sometimes acts without thinking or forces herself to be courageous in the moment. When self-confidence is merely a facade I don't think you can call it much of an improvement yet. Compare it to Momo who is genuinly confident in a crisis that she can solve it in some way or someone like Riko who never even doubts herself at all (no matter whether that's warranted).

Even Mikan who has a lot of weaknesses still shows reliable confidence now that her curse is gone. The difference in the way she interacts with people and doesn't hold back anymore shows character growth. Shamiko is nowhere near such a drastic improvement yet.

last edited at Apr 25, 2020 5:45AM

Ltjidvbbiqp71
joined Jul 22, 2018

Ch 65

Momo bounced back well from getting her heart stepped on, this time. It's all pretty hilariously sad. Romantically speaking, they don't know what to do. But they did end up at the pinnacle.

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

All I see is 2 useless lesbians on a date~

That's also one heck of a deal for complimentary coupons. Now I want some BBQ too. Also, always check your coupons!

joined Jun 5, 2018

Man this was relatable. What were momos parents occupation again? She seems to be quite lenient with how she spends her money. But god, how could you not fall silent, when the one you long for sits in front of you in a stunning outfit.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Man this was relatable. What were momos parents occupation again? She seems to be quite lenient with how she spends her money. But god, how could you not fall silent, when the one you long for sits in front of you in a stunning outfit.

What parents? Momo is an orphan who was adopted by Sakura.
Sakura is super rich, but considering she is inside Shamiko right now, Momo can do with her money as she pleases.

last edited at Apr 26, 2020 5:15AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.