Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Man, I suck at Bomberman, Shimamura's grandma would definitely beat me.

Also, just to make sure I say it here as well, despite the situation with the other version, I am going to see this project to the end in one way or another.

What is this about?

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

^ the series got licensed and is set to start releasing sometime this year

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I see, thanks. I'm glad you're not stopping.

U436527_160x120
joined Dec 6, 2018

Shades, first, thank you for all of your work on this translation as well! You are a scholar and gentlewoman and you help to feed my Adashima addiction and for that I thank you! Second, I seriously doubt an official version can exceed what you've all done so I'm so grateful it's continuing here!

"When we part ways with someone, we never really know if we'll able see them again", just too relatable at the moment. What a great chapter, thank you sneik and the rest of the team, I really appreciate the time and effort you guys put into doing this.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, I'll be damn, how come Yashiro and Shou are the ones to get the hottest scene in the series so far? Someone give Adachi a persimmon.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

So proud of Shimamura. She did not answer Tarumi's call and always have Adachi on her mind. Truly loved the chapter and that "Kyou no Adachi-san" is the icing on the cake, we can never get enough of baka-Adachi. Haha

Thank you, sneikk, shades and team. I already bought the original LN and also pre-ordered vol 1 and 2 of sevenseas version to support Iruma sensei but you guys are still the best, giving me life during the quarantine . Lol
Thank you again!

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

So proud of Shimamura. She did not answer Tarumi's call and always have Adachi on her mind. Truly loved the chapter and that "Kyou no Adachi-san" is the icing on the cake, we can never get enough of baka-Adachi. Haha

It gets better when you consider Shimamura laments in the bonus chapter that Adachi wouldn't let her end the phone call late into the night and Adachi says she went to comb her hair and considered makeup and changing clothes immediately after the call. She likely did all of that in the middle of the night.

joined May 26, 2017

when Shimamura doesn't answer Tarumi's call

yes

when Shimamura immediately calls Adachi (and still ignoring Tarumi's call)

YES

joined Jan 25, 2017

I'm going to be really curious to know what happens to Tarumi when Adachi and Shimamura finally start dating. I mean, we know from book summaries that that happens starting next volume, and I can't see Tarumi taking that super well, and yet I also don't see any obvious angle for the story to take with her doing anything about it. So is she just, like...gonna go away? Feels like a story arc that needs closing but I'm not sure how we close it from here...

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Wow. Grandma with that old school multiplayer tech!

What a nice coming of age chapter filled with coming of age thoughts. Fun and flowery.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

But the real question is, was it a Super Famicom, PlayStation or Saturn? This is important to determine her exact level of awesome.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

But the real question is, was it a Super Famicom, PlayStation or Saturn? This is important to determine her exact level of awesome.

Wikipedia tells me it's not PlayStation (games exist for it, but not with multitap), so awesomeness levels are definitely on the higher end. Nintendo as the usual home of Bomberman games makes the most sense, I'd say.

Also fact: When grandma offered Shima the third controller, I automatically saw a SNES controller in my mind.

last edited at Apr 13, 2020 4:59PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

The console probably belonged to Shimamura's mom when she was younger, So my guess would be Super Famicom,

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Wikipedia tells me it's not PlayStation (games exist for it, but not with multitap), so awesomeness levels are definitely on the higher end. Nintendo as the usual home of Bomberman games makes the most sense, I'd say.

Also fact: When grandma offered Shima the third controller, I automatically saw a SNES controller in my mind.

Bomberman Party on PS1 had 5 player support with a multitap. It was no match, tho, for Bomberman Saturn which supported up to 10 players with two multi-taps.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

^ NERD ALERT ;)

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

Brilliant chapter, that was more a intense emotional roller-coaster than I anticipated:

Shimamura being like "lol, what if she told me she loved me" (again!), the ignored phonecall (I guess that's going to be important later), the situation with Gon, the absolute madwoman of a grandmother (I really like her character), Adachi back in Adachi-mode overdrive and the wholesome bonus chapter (with the aftermath of a phone call in the middle of the night being seen, lol classic Adachi).

I hope we get to see some more of Shimamura's insight, because the latest chapters really made me like Shimamura even more as a character, but getting to experience Adachi's chaos (probably) would be also very niiice.

All in all, it was so much fun to read, thanks to Sneikkimies and every helping hand for releasing the chapters so quickly!

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Bomberman Party on PS1 had 5 player support with a multitap. It was no match, tho, for Bomberman Saturn which supported up to 10 players with two multi-taps.

I remember always wanting a multitap but honestly can't recall what system I was eyeing it for and what games I imagined playing with it. And I had most systems growing up. My siblings and I always wanted more co-op games.

On a somewhat unrelated note. A few years back I found myself wondering if there had ever been an anime about a dog. cough This chapter has me wondering that now too for . . . reasons.

Edit: Should probably try to clarify. I mean like a "normal" dog. Not those ones like Scooby Doo or what Disney often does to them where they can damn near talk and understand human conversation enough to give dating advice. (Sven helping Kristof propose in Frozen 2.) No offense but that depiction of animals often bugs me more then endears.

last edited at Apr 13, 2020 8:40PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Shades, first, thank you for all of your work on this translation as well! You are a scholar and gentlewoman and you help to feed my Adashima addiction and for that I thank you! Second, I seriously doubt an official version can exceed what you've all done so I'm so grateful it's continuing here!

I forgot to say thank you! :) But really I don't do much. :)

joined Oct 9, 2019

This was a good very chapter

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Just you wait till you see what those three days without Shimamura have done to Adachi. My girl's acting more bold than ever.

Also, just to make sure I say it here as well, despite the situation with the other version, I am going to see this project to the end in one way or another.

Thank you so much for all your work on AdaShima.

after sucha good Shimamura chapter now I hunger for more!

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I got scoffed at for saying that Adachi is like a dog and Shimamura is like a cat. How can you not see Shima as a cat?? She's all aloof and indifferent at first, and then sort of vaguely starts closing the distance until one day she's there acting all tsuntsun while asking for head pats lol

Kazami%20yuuka3
joined Aug 6, 2017

Took me a couple of weeks to finish this chapter, but it was amazing to read. All the introspection and melancholy Shimamura goes through is wonderful. Her anxieties with Gon's old age perfectly captures the author's talent to in writing great coming of age stories.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I got scoffed at for saying that Adachi is like a dog and Shimamura is like a cat. How can you not see Shima as a cat?? She's all aloof and indifferent at first, and then sort of vaguely starts closing the distance until one day she's there acting all tsuntsun while asking for head pats lol

I see the analogy. I mean Adachi has already been explicitly associated with a dog now and Shima is doing the vaguely closing distance part now. Maybe once we see her becoming that attached to Adachi, the analogy can be confirmed or disconfirmed lol.

Thanks by the way for the translation work! I imagine that part takes forever with light novels.

Damn this was a beautiful chapter. I wonder when the last time Shima thought this much and hard was or if she ever has. Her lack of words to express how she feels about Gon paired with the fleeting thoughts of Adachi, and her belief in her lack of kindness, her turmoil was striking given her usually indifferent demeanor. I'm very excited for what comes next in their relationship.

Also Yashiro seducing Shou, scandalous. Nice touch too showing Shima's actions with the call in the bonus chapter.

D4vbstoxoaakspl
joined Jan 2, 2020

To reply you must either login or sign up.