Forum › Ashita, Kimi ni Aetara discussion

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Extras are up on Mangadex and should be here soon, which should provide a little clarity on what the relationship status is at the end.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

No you guys, you're all getting it wrong. Rin has become an omnitemporal mastermind where she gets to have every cake and eat it too. A-chan? No longer married to a guy since he's doomed to die in every timeline, also now comes as a package deal with her kids. And the kids? All around because we got poor sap to make them and then die, so Rin can enjoy her loli harem. Yukina? Yup, also around and somewhat implied to be in a relationship with Rin.

Rin played everyone and won. She gets to have all the waifus at once without giving anything up. Seeing the different potential futures made her hungry, and now she gets to enjoy all of them.

She's the villain in this story, and A-chan was too blinded by love to see it.

I see.... It's like she did a speed run through all the routes in a galge and unlocked the harem ending.....

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

I see.... It's like she did a speed run through all the routes in a galge and unlocked the harem ending.....

Keima Katsuragi would be proud.

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

Nah i'm ok with this just disappointed that they throw the time travel plot out of the window. I was hopping they do some things like in steins;gate, tricking the world or something. They could just done some cosmic madoka shit and make the kids exist without smex by colliding all the world in to one or something, that would make the world confuse and thought Rinko already die and they all continue live on a better life.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Man, reading that final extra chapter just felt like so much of the manga eventually was nothing. Author is just like fuck it, and pairs the remaining characters all willy-nilly. All the beginning chapters were basically just to leave you in a state of constant perpetuation and when they finally explain it you're just like "uh... OK". Disappointing how I like this artist's art style both their works have been disappointing.

777matriarch777
joined Dec 6, 2019

Man, reading that final extra chapter just felt like so much of the manga eventually was nothing. Author is just like fuck it, and pairs the remaining characters all willy-nilly. All the beginning chapters were basically just to leave you in a state of constant perpetuation and when they finally explain it you're just like "uh... OK". Disappointing how I like this artist's art style both their works have been disappointing.

I definitely agree with your points, their other series I thought was alright though just a bit too short and sudden ending and confession. This one though my god, I'll certainly be wary going into any of their stuff in future that's for sure.

cakeEnthusiast
Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

Agreed but I'd be willing to be disappointment again just to look at the delicious art some more.

777matriarch777
joined Dec 6, 2019

On an additional note, the extra pages imply that those two did manage to get together in the end, but doesn't that mean Rinko will die horribly? I thought that was the whole issue and main point of all this time manipulation nonsense.

joined Mar 8, 2019

At least everyone got their happy ending... I mean, husband was always supposed to die so it’s nice that A-Chan and Rinko raise her eventually so she won’t become a true delinquent.

I think A-Chan knowing one day she and Rin will have a future together made her be a better parent. Instead of looking at her kids as part of her ‘curse’, she starts to see them as blessings that she can share with Rin.

Since she developed better relationships with the kids, their tastes have shifted a bit and their ability to cope with trials has also vastly improved.

Hence why adopted daughter isn’t heart broken enough to run out and get hit by a truck, why her first born’s taste change from wanting a mother type to wanting her older sister.

As for Coworker, she is disappointed but she just has to wait a few years for her soulmate to be of legal marrying age. And last born, because she was raised in a healthy loving environment, will probably be an incredibly receptive and understanding partner.

That domino effect....

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

On an additional note, the extra pages imply that those two did manage to get together in the end, but doesn't that mean Rinko will die horribly? I thought that was the whole issue and main point of all this time manipulation nonsense.

Not if they B E L I E V E

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

And to add insult to injury, when A-chan is at her lowest point, Rin has audacity to talk nonsense like "Even if tiny bit, you loved that person". It feels like she's trying to gaslight and manipulate her into agreeing. What a complete joke. Not to mention "I want to see Yukina". Yes. The person I dated. I can't imagine how it could raise some eyebrows or hurt A-chan in any way. Also would be incredibly hard af to explain when you do meet her, how do you know each other and why you wanted to meet.

EDIT/ I missed it, lol she is actually meeting with Yukina regularly. So she even cheats on A-chan at the end? Wow, A-chan really got screwed over hard.

THAT FIRST PART times a million. Omg. I was like, how are you going to tell someone their own feelings?? Especially when they are telling you exactly that their feelings are? Rin is batshit crazy, y'all.

I think your comment probably came before the extra pages, but those at least make it seem that Rin sticks with A-chan. Wow. How great of her to stick with her after manipulating her into having someone else's kids.

The one thing that maybe might make the getting with Yukina thing RELATIVELY okay is if Rin were dating her on the side (which again, I don't think she is) to keep this "A-chan's lover always dies" thing from happening. But even then Yukina would be getting jerked around.

Also someone else mentioned that the extra pages kinda invalidate the story in that everyone just gets paired off willy nilly. Which like. Seriously. You're just gonna throw sister x sister and underage (well, the underage stuff was already happening, anyway) here because like "may as well teehee". Like it's supposed to be this cutesy tongue-in-cheek ending.

Oh man. I gotta go brush my teeth to get the bad taste of this thing out of my mouth.

Inkede_li-convertimage%20(1)
joined May 10, 2018

I thought ending was shit and i was sad because i spent time reading the manga
but that two page extra definitely made it worth the time, very nice now i want more

last edited at Apr 11, 2020 5:05PM

joined Dec 18, 2018

Well that extra pretty much sorted all the theories about who's with who.

Chocolate%20photo%20-%20copy
joined Apr 2, 2013

If Volume 2 had extras, where if any are Volume 1 extras?
Also if the extra chapter was a one shot, no one would ever believe that the previous chapters would ever be appropriate for this one shot.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

If Volume 2 had extras, where if any are Volume 1 extras?
Also if the extra chapter was a one shot, no one would ever believe that the previous chapters would ever be appropriate for this one shot.

They're translated and should get typeset at some point (along with the vol2 afterword). It just made sense to get these particular extras released as soon as possible, for obvious reasons.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/ashita_kimi_ni_aetara_ch09#5

What a stupid way of dying lol.

And I saw it coming once the balloon was released by the baby. I wasn't even surprised lol.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Fuck, she's pulling a Homura

Exactly! She's totally Homura without the magical girl aspect...

herobunnymon posted:

Lol after so many “restarts” they are all crazy. Never mind the fact they aren’t mentally “adults” other than the amount of time they accumulate from restarting.

I understand you mean they didn't really have chance to properly mature, but nobody really have to be "mentally adult" in order to be considered a adult. The way we judge whatever or not someone is an "adult", is only by how long they lived on this planet, whatever they actually matured enough or not, so I'd say "other than the amount of time they accumulated from restarting" is exactly the way everyone becomes an "adult".

AND... that only appears to apply to Rin-chan. A-Chan is living through each life until Rin dies and then resetting and trying again. It's only Rin that's having the weird time leaps and becoming a teenager in an adult body for some unknown reason. So A-Chan is actually an adult.

However, A-Chan is obviously broken, after personally witnessing the death of the girl she loves 27 times, then making the decision that the only way to save her is to NOT be with her, getting together with a guy she doesn't love, having kids with him, and having him die an accidental death and believing that she caused THAT death as well.

However, his accident was NOT part of the "A-Chan's lovers' curse", because, in the timeline where Rin confessed and A-Chan cheated on her at college, Rin meets Koharu on the street and finds out that her father died in an accident.

The real question is: Why does Koharu look so much like A-Chan when she's the one who ISN'T her biological daughter?

I was curious so I went and read the raw. I've gotta say the ending is all kinds of fucking up. Rin talks A-chan into going back to the past all over again and marry the dude again, so that after he dies Rin can get her dream family (A-chan as wife + three daughters). That's so messed up. A-chan doesn't even love the dude and Rin is forcing her to marry him just so she can get his kids for herself after he dies. Rin's fucking crazy.

Well... that's interesting... I don't know that it's all that messed up though. A-chan obviously cared for him enough to be able to have two kids with him the first time they were together and, based on the knowledge from the last timeline where she wasn't with him and Rin was with her coworker and jumped to her death, A-Chan shouldn't feel like his death was her fault anymore. Not to mention that by marrying him she, and Rin, can provide a home for Koharu instead of leaving her with no family when her father dies. Knowing that Rin dies in all of the scenarios where she and A-Chan get together when Rin is still in school and Koharu ends up an orphan in the scenario where A-Chan doesn't marry her father, the only responsible thing to do, since Rin at least loves Koharu (and I presume A-Chan does as well, despite her being thoroughly messed up by her obsession with Rin) is to have A-Chan marry the guy and provide the family Koharu needs. Knowledge of the future results in responsibility beyond personal feelings and A-Chan is doing it for her love of Rin in the long run, knowing that she is also helping the guy be happy in the last few years of his life. Not a problem...

And here's where I stop reading the comments, for now.

I was scared by a spoiler, so when it said "fin" at Chapter 10, and still "ongoing," I thought there was more, but I guess that was all. They made it seem super intense.

A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

It was good until A-chan went and had kids with this guy... I don't like how it ended there

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

It was good until A-chan went and had kids with this guy... I don't like how it ended there

I mean, I'm pretty sure the whole series started there

Imgonline-com-ua-compressed-x85kp90svyulj
joined Jul 21, 2017

These are good extra pages

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

Great, now I need a yukina x hinata doujin ¬¬

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I mean, so like, Yeesh. There are some interesting moral questions here, that don't really get investigated at all?

I mean, if you get to see a potential future with these girls in it, and then that future gets changed so they don't exist, I can see how that might feel like they've died? And if your actions are what changed their future, then it makes sense you might feel responsible for ensuring their existence.

I feel like it could have been more interesting if it turned out that the reason Rin kept dying was because she kept killing herself to try and get back to a timeline where the girls exist, but it doesn't seem written that way. (That would be way more interesting, honestly. A-chan keeps trying to get a universe where Rin lives, but Rin keeps killing herself to reset to an earlier time, not realizing the timeline was only resetting because of A-chan's mysterious power and that she was actually leaving behind an increasingly traumatized lover each time they reset.

As it is, this thing is a pretty big mess. There are some interesting ideas, but it's just not very well thought out.

The dumbest thing to me is "Oh, she loves you, so that's why she resembles me." Because yeah, that's how -physical resemblence- works. Right. She literally mistook her for A-chan when she first saw her. And the girl who looks just fucking like her is the only one that isn't a blood relative? (shake head) It seems to me more like the author just realized after the fact that the ages don't quite match up and they had to come up with an excuse for that.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I liked it well enough, but I feel the extras kind of take away a little from the ending. The ending leaves it up to the reader on whether Rin and A-chan got together, or if Rin ended up with Yukina instead, and then the extras come along like 'Yeah no, this is actually how it ended for real'

joined Aug 21, 2017

Hamburger making and house parties are cool

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Lol the extras, feels like part of that bonus route with added sis x sis and age gap

To reply you must either login or sign up.