Forum › Ashita, Kimi ni Aetara discussion

identification-projection-preheterosexuality
Please%20actually
joined Mar 13, 2018

Man I wish this hadn't ditched the setup of the first few chapters for the same lesbian time travel plot as everything else written in the last ten years.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Fuck, she's pulling a Homura

Exactly! She's totally Homura without the magical girl aspect...

herobunnymon posted:

Lol after so many “restarts” they are all crazy. Never mind the fact they aren’t mentally “adults” other than the amount of time they accumulate from restarting.

I understand you mean they didn't really have chance to properly mature, but nobody really have to be "mentally adult" in order to be considered a adult. The way we judge whatever or not someone is an "adult", is only by how long they lived on this planet, whatever they actually matured enough or not, so I'd say "other than the amount of time they accumulated from restarting" is exactly the way everyone becomes an "adult".

AND... that only appears to apply to Rin-chan. A-Chan is living through each life until Rin dies and then resetting and trying again. It's only Rin that's having the weird time leaps and becoming a teenager in an adult body for some unknown reason. So A-Chan is actually an adult.

However, A-Chan is obviously broken, after personally witnessing the death of the girl she loves 27 times, then making the decision that the only way to save her is to NOT be with her, getting together with a guy she doesn't love, having kids with him, and having him die an accidental death and believing that she caused THAT death as well.

However, his accident was NOT part of the "A-Chan's lovers' curse", because, in the timeline where Rin confessed and A-Chan cheated on her at college, Rin meets Koharu on the street and finds out that her father died in an accident.

The real question is: Why does Koharu look so much like A-Chan when she's the one who ISN'T her biological daughter?

I was curious so I went and read the raw. I've gotta say the ending is all kinds of fucking up. Rin talks A-chan into going back to the past all over again and marry the dude again, so that after he dies Rin can get her dream family (A-chan as wife + three daughters). That's so messed up. A-chan doesn't even love the dude and Rin is forcing her to marry him just so she can get his kids for herself after he dies. Rin's fucking crazy.

Well... that's interesting... I don't know that it's all that messed up though. A-chan obviously cared for him enough to be able to have two kids with him the first time they were together and, based on the knowledge from the last timeline where she wasn't with him and Rin was with her coworker and jumped to her death, A-Chan shouldn't feel like his death was her fault anymore. Not to mention that by marrying him she, and Rin, can provide a home for Koharu instead of leaving her with no family when her father dies. Knowing that Rin dies in all of the scenarios where she and A-Chan get together when Rin is still in school and Koharu ends up an orphan in the scenario where A-Chan doesn't marry her father, the only responsible thing to do, since Rin at least loves Koharu (and I presume A-Chan does as well, despite her being thoroughly messed up by her obsession with Rin) is to have A-Chan marry the guy and provide the family Koharu needs. Knowledge of the future results in responsibility beyond personal feelings and A-Chan is doing it for her love of Rin in the long run, knowing that she is also helping the guy be happy in the last few years of his life. Not a problem...

last edited at Apr 10, 2020 11:26AM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

A-chan obviously cared for him enough to be able to have two kids with him the first time they were together and, based on the knowledge from the last timeline where she wasn't with him and Rin was with her coworker and jumped to her death, A-Chan shouldn't feel like his death was her fault anymore. Not to mention that by marrying him she, and Rin, can provide a home for Koharu instead of leaving her with no family when her father dies. Knowing that Rin dies in all of the scenarios where she and A-Chan get together when Rin is still in school and Koharu ends up an orphan in the scenario where A-Chan doesn't marry her father, the only responsible thing to do, since Rin at least loves Koharu (and I presume A-Chan does as well, despite her being thoroughly messed up by her obsession with Rin) is to have A-Chan marry the guy and provide the family Koharu needs. Knowledge of the future results in responsibility beyond personal feelings and A-Chan is doing it for her love of Rin in the long run, knowing that she is also helping the guy be happy in the last few years of his life. Not a problem...

No, there are a lot of problems. To start with, A-chan seriously doesn't love the guy. She doesn't want to do any of that shit. But at this point Rin is more invested on her pseudo-daughters than in A-chan and forces the issue till A-chan complies. And A-chan does so just because she wants to make Rin happy. Think what you will but that's totally messed up.

last edited at Apr 10, 2020 11:40AM

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

Ah so their timeline are crossing it others. Beacause A-chan keep go back and too tired of seeing Rinko chan dying so she decided to start a family. But because of this Rinko start time travel to and cause other accident that make her go back to the time before A-chan knew about Rinko death and started traveling. So because of this they keep repeating this circle the the point that both of them stuck in a loop that the world have enough of this lesbian couple and decided to through both of them out the timestream. I like it :)))))

joined Aug 21, 2017

When God himself wants to cockblock you

joined Apr 24, 2015

Ok from what I've read so far in the story and comments, I hope the hot co worker finds another pretty girlfriend to love. Rinko is pathetic, foolish and selfish.

I wish rinko and a chan were stuck in an interdimensional void for eternity alone forever. They deserve each other.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Fuck, she's pulling a Homura

Exactly! She's totally Homura without the magical girl aspect...

herobunnymon posted:

Lol after so many “restarts” they are all crazy. Never mind the fact they aren’t mentally “adults” other than the amount of time they accumulate from restarting.

I understand you mean they didn't really have chance to properly mature, but nobody really have to be "mentally adult" in order to be considered a adult. The way we judge whatever or not someone is an "adult", is only by how long they lived on this planet, whatever they actually matured enough or not, so I'd say "other than the amount of time they accumulated from restarting" is exactly the way everyone becomes an "adult".

AND... that only appears to apply to Rin-chan. A-Chan is living through each life until Rin dies and then resetting and trying again. It's only Rin that's having the weird time leaps and becoming a teenager in an adult body for some unknown reason. So A-Chan is actually an adult.

However, A-Chan is obviously broken, after personally witnessing the death of the girl she loves 27 times, then making the decision that the only way to save her is to NOT be with her, getting together with a guy she doesn't love, having kids with him, and having him die an accidental death and believing that she caused THAT death as well.

However, his accident was NOT part of the "A-Chan's lovers' curse", because, in the timeline where Rin confessed and A-Chan cheated on her at college, Rin meets Koharu on the street and finds out that her father died in an accident.

The real question is: Why does Koharu look so much like A-Chan when she's the one who ISN'T her biological daughter?

I was curious so I went and read the raw. I've gotta say the ending is all kinds of fucking up. Rin talks A-chan into going back to the past all over again and marry the dude again, so that after he dies Rin can get her dream family (A-chan as wife + three daughters). That's so messed up. A-chan doesn't even love the dude and Rin is forcing her to marry him just so she can get his kids for herself after he dies. Rin's fucking crazy.

Well... that's interesting... I don't know that it's all that messed up though. A-chan obviously cared for him enough to be able to have two kids with him the first time they were together and, based on the knowledge from the last timeline where she wasn't with him and Rin was with her coworker and jumped to her death, A-Chan shouldn't feel like his death was her fault anymore. Not to mention that by marrying him she, and Rin, can provide a home for Koharu instead of leaving her with no family when her father dies. Knowing that Rin dies in all of the scenarios where she and A-Chan get together when Rin is still in school and Koharu ends up an orphan in the scenario where A-Chan doesn't marry her father, the only responsible thing to do, since Rin at least loves Koharu (and I presume A-Chan does as well, despite her being thoroughly messed up by her obsession with Rin) is to have A-Chan marry the guy and provide the family Koharu needs. Knowledge of the future results in responsibility beyond personal feelings and A-Chan is doing it for her love of Rin in the long run, knowing that she is also helping the guy be happy in the last few years of his life. Not a problem...

And here's where I stop reading the comments, for now.

joined May 31, 2019

Since A-chan forgot to work upon Rinko's apparent complete lack of personal safety and danger awareness, Rinko dies again after clumsily climbing and falling into a zoo enclosure. Fin.

last edited at Apr 10, 2020 7:04PM

joined May 24, 2014

Well that just happened

joined Apr 10, 2020

No, there are a lot of problems. To start with, A-chan seriously doesn't love the guy. She doesn't want to do any of that shit. But at this point Rin is more invested on her pseudo-daughters than in A-chan and forces the issue till A-chan complies. And A-chan does so just because she wants to make Rin happy. Think what you will but that's totally messed up.

Doesn't A-chan at least care about Haruhi and Hinata? Rin does have a point about them. They will never be born unless they go down the same path as before and they do deserve their chance at living. Also why put Rin's concern for Koharu and co in such a negative light? Obviously they were going to matter in their decision to move forward. Leaving them out would have been just as messed up

It does feel like the best compromise for everyone, although it is unfair with some characters getting the short stick

last edited at Apr 10, 2020 7:29PM

120x120px-ls-38203a65_avatar65018_8
joined Oct 27, 2011

Well i kind of get this. It's like karma or destiny in boudhism

joined Sep 19, 2019

Doesn't A-chan at least care about Haruhi and Hinata? Rin does have a point about them. They will never be born unless they go down the same path as before. Don't they deserve their chance at living?

It does feel like the best compromise for everyone, although it is unfair with some characters getting the short stick

Does she care about them though? She was perfectlly williing to erase them out of existence to be with her childhood friend and in the first timeline she literally abandoned them. That's literally one of the worst fates you can subject a chilld too, a mother who doesn't care.

last edited at Apr 10, 2020 7:37PM

Chocolate%20photo%20-%20copy
joined Apr 2, 2013

Adults are just kids that go through more years of life. I realize from a young age how immature and even selfish these 30+ year olds are.
So yes as much as I hate how too not qualifying anything this is, this accumulation of time makes them adults. Then the discussion goes in like a pro or against abortion debate except more fictional and cleaner since the “authorities” can’t do shit about it.
Well at least communication solves this angst drama.

last edited at Apr 10, 2020 7:35PM

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

Wtf is this ending?

So because Rin want a future where she sees the 3 kids again, she convinced A-chan to procreate with the dude again. Now I don't know nothing about how A-chan truly feel about the dude or how strongly she feels about the kids, but isn't it common sense that if you love someone you wouldn't want to have sex with another person, start a family with a person that's not them?

Jesus does Rin feels like a selfish (pardon my language) bish here

last edited at Apr 10, 2020 7:34PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Doesn't A-chan at least care about Haruhi and Hinata?

She says she only cares about Rin. Rin doesn't agree but I don't see any reason why we should doubt A-chan. Rin is biased after all.

Rin does have a point about them. They will never be born unless they go down the same path as before and they do deserve their chance at living.

They were A-chan's kids. It shouldn't be up to Rin to decide what to do with them. Besides, after all she went through, there's no reason A-chan should be forced into living a life she doesn't want just because Rin got emotionally invested with the kids. I agree with snowangel526, Rin is fucking selfish.

last edited at Apr 10, 2020 7:37PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Well, I'd already read the raw, but the translation doesn't change my option. The ending is garbage.

1478_nogirlsallowed
joined Oct 26, 2018

not as baaaaad as how everyone is putting it out to be

joined May 29, 2019

this is a good end because A-chan as a parent finally stops neglecting her children, I'll take it. also I'm gonna assume based OL-chan wins the Rinbowl

joined Apr 10, 2020

Doesn't A-chan at least care about Haruhi and Hinata?

She says she only cares about Rin. Rin doesn't agree but I don't see any reason why we should doubt A-chan. Rin is biased after all.

Rin does have a point about them. They will never be born unless they go down the same path as before and they do deserve their chance at living.

They were A-chan's kids. It shouldn't be up to Rin to decide what to do with them. Besides, after all she went through, there's no reason A-chan should be forced into living a life she doesn't want just because Rin got emotionally invested with the kids. I agree with snowangel526, Rin is fucking selfish.

Well, Rin did become these kids guardians, so it's not really like she shouldn't have a say in this.

Why is Rin's concern for these kids seen as selfish by you? They're living beings whose lifes hinges on their decision, so why is it selfish to bring them into consideration when their choice litterally decides whether two of them will even have a chance at life or not. Your post makes them sound like expendable objects.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

this is a good end because A-chan as a parent finally stops neglecting her children

There would be no problem if the kids didn't exist in the first place.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Well, Rin did become these kids guardians, so it's not really like she shouldn't have a say in this.

Then she should marry the dude herself and have kids of her own.

Why is Rin's concern for these kids seen as selfish by you?

Because it's not her choice. She's not the one fucking a dude she doesn't love. Again, if she cares so much she should marry him herself.

They're living beings

No, they're just a possibility. They wouldn't exist if A-chan wasn't forced into this mess (Koharu aside).

last edited at Apr 10, 2020 7:54PM

joined Dec 13, 2013

theres so many bad things with this ending i cant even put in words but the ice of this bad cake is rinko telling a-chan to “stop trying to be with me and go fuck so i can have a life with your daughters”

joined May 29, 2019

There would be no problem if the kids didn't exist in the first place.

nah, those kids were gay af and the world needs them to be a better place

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

this was great

Zigv3uyqlg0hih2ixcp8saivs99g-ehejzp51vcc89w
joined Feb 8, 2018

Well shit, at least it's completed now

To reply you must either login or sign up.