Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

Absolutely spineless, is she

but at least it did feel like it progressed a tiny bit

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Getting Jahy vibes from this

joined Sep 5, 2018

When something has to be clarified twice as it only being a character's opinion, sounds even more like the author's opinion.

I think that sounds like the author knows it’s not an universal opinion but the character was explicitly made to have this opinion (for comedic effect, of course).

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Honestly, I think it's pretty obvious this is going to resolve itself peacefully, but in ANY case it's nice to see something like development. I have a feeling both of the issues are going to end up resolved at the same time... Honestly, I think Ookuma seems somewhat past caring about gender anyways.

That being said, I didn't actually expect this to go on this long without resolving it, so what do I know?

Well, if you think from a tragi-rom-comedic point of view, dragging the reveal even past Kanda meeting Ookuma's family gives even greater thrills and cringes than we've had so far. As long as you are willing to reject even small shreds of realism and your humanity as an author, there are ways to drag this on for quite a while.

I'm sure that Ookuma's family will want to meet Kanda soon. Friends angle is now closed for a bit, since they gave their advice and it only helped a little. Maybe Kanda gets to enjoy one of those intense "get married and make lots of babies, ok!" talks and all sorts of awkwardness that comes from trying to hide your gender when you go bathing with your father-in-law, when all he's trying to do is to build some rapport. I'm already cringing, and we aren't even there yet.

last edited at Apr 1, 2020 9:39AM

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

Just got to try and forget chapter 2... cause it makes the whole bloody thing pointless. I enjoy it apart from remembering that.

Lil-Dumpster-Rat
2020-10-01%20(2)
joined Jul 27, 2019

She's actually that dense, it isn't April Fool's Day for nothin I guess

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Honestly, I think it's pretty obvious this is going to resolve itself peacefully, but in ANY case it's nice to see something like development. I have a feeling both of the issues are going to end up resolved at the same time... Honestly, I think Ookuma seems somewhat past caring about gender anyways.

That being said, I didn't actually expect this to go on this long without resolving it, so what do I know?

Well, if you think from a tragi-rom-comedic point of view, dragging the reveal even past Kanda meeting Ookuma's family gives even greater thrills and cringes than we've had so far. As long as you are willing to reject even small shreds of realism and your humanity as an author, there are ways to drag this on for quite a while.

I'm sure that Ookuma's family will want to meet Kanda soon. Friends angle is now closed for a bit, since they gave their advice and it only helped a little. Maybe Kanda gets to enjoy one of those intense "get married and make lots of babies, ok!" talks and all sorts of awkwardness that comes from trying to hide your gender when you go bathing with your father-in-law, when all he's trying to do is to build some rapport. I'm already cringing, and we aren't even there yet.

That's brilliant.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Honestly, I think it's pretty obvious this is going to resolve itself peacefully

Which is in my opinion the worse thing possible. Ending that peacfully while so much tension for nothing and nullify every doubt Kanda had and make her look like an idiot, i mean even more than she already look like right now.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

It's kind of surreal reading these chapters where you get a drama, tension-filled story whenever it's Kanda's point of view, but then pure comedy whenever it's Ookuma's point of view.

I know. I know! This is the greatest thing about this manga, the constant switching between the two different perspective streams — showing us how the repeated misunderstandings and miscommunications give them two completely different views of what's going on between them.

I wish people would take the time to appreciate this narrative finesse, instead of doggedly preaching politically correct "solutions" that woud break the pivot dynamics of the story.

Somehow I think she already knows Tama is a girl

Who's Tama? ( ͡ಠ ʖ̯ ͡ಠ)

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

It's kind of surreal reading these chapters where you get a drama, tension-filled story whenever it's Kanda's point of view, but then pure comedy whenever it's Ookuma's point of view.

I know. I know! This is the greatest thing about this manga, the constant switching between the two different perspective streams — showing us how the repeated misunderstandings and miscommunications give them two completely different views of what's going on between them.

I wish people would take the time to appreciate this narrative finesse, instead of doggedly preaching politically correct "solutions" that woud break the pivot dynamics of the story.

Somehow I think she already knows Tama is a girl

Who's Tama? ( ͡ಠ ʖ̯ ͡ಠ)

I absolutely agree with the statement about the pivot dynamics.

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

I love this so much, hope this gets a english physical release soon so I can support both the mangakas.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

LOL at the last page. Kanda had better realize the blunder that she did with her gift, otherwise things will get pretty awkward when Ookuma starts trying to "rectify" the "problem".

On a different note, someone has tweeted at least one of the translated pages at Mochi... who proceeded to retweet it, just like that. I'm guessing that Mochi doesn't care about fan translations as long as they're of comics that she's already publicly released on Twitter (thus free for all) and it's not making fun of her work. Free publicity to foreign audiences, you know?

https://twitter.com/Evolved_Aura/status/1229692002771574786

For some reason, though, the relevant original tweet and the account associated with it are now gone.

last edited at Apr 1, 2020 1:40PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Kai: "It's wrong to trick your girlfriend into thinking you're a guy! You need to come clean and tell her the truth! Here, take this plant and give it to her as an apology!"

Kanda: "Thanks, Kai. Does this plant has a meaning in the flower language?"

Kai: "Yes. 'Don't forsake me. Let's overcome adversity together.' That's the meaning."

Kanda: "Oh, wow! It's perfect!"

(Later...)

Ookuma: "Woohoo, Kanda-kun gave me a gift! What a cute plant! I wonder if it means something in the flower language?"

Ookuma: (googles it)

Ookuma: "OH EM GEE! It means 'Kiss me quick!' How daring! KANDA-KUN!!! "

Kai:

joined May 1, 2013

Well, one thing's for sure. That girl is very sheltered. Also stupid. She'd also have to be very very stupid.

Natakatakatakotokutoko
17991263_1693286334022315_8673416349553911903_n.png
joined Mar 15, 2018

When I searched up crown of thorns flower meaning it only showed me Jesus,Adam and Eve

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

literally going to scream if she doesnt hell her next chapter BRUH.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Ookuma: "OH EM GEE! It means 'Kiss me quick!' How daring! KANDA-KUN!!! "

Kai:

Hey! This is very unfair! Kai is a chill guy & a good friend, definitely not a troll! >_<
If he got the meaning wrong, must've been a honest mistake.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Ookuma, you don't deserve friends that bad.
Kanda, you don't deserve friends that good.

quadrominimum
joined Apr 4, 2020

i’m going to die if she doesn’t tell her in the next chapter

Eetw4a5ueaiu2_t
joined Jun 1, 2017

kanda's friend squad looks gay af tbh

BanichkaSBoza
Screenshot%20(2)
joined Apr 22, 2018

kanda's friend squad looks gay af tbh

jfkjjsdc i was thinking the same thing

Avi2
joined Feb 22, 2019

You guys think this is gonna get dragged out for the entire series? I could see it ending with the reveal tbh.

joined Sep 5, 2018

You guys think this is gonna get dragged out for the entire series? I could see it ending with the reveal tbh.

Ookuma’s parents were already introduced as an obstacle, so I think we’ll get Ookuma and Kanda on the same page way before the end and move on to the parents issue.

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

A zombie drama movie where the zombie saves the world at the very end?

Is she talking about Warm Bodies?

Herosandroiii
joined Jan 16, 2020

No new chapter this month too? :(

To reply you must either login or sign up.