Forum › 1 x ½ discussion

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

Oh wow, after reading the raws you provided This is about to get crazy, like we knew Akira has feelings for Ayako for a while now but I never thought she would make a move on her own. I'm going to assume though given how helpful she has been to both Asuka and Ayako, that part of her motivation for this is to help her awaken to her emotions. And then if Ayako doesn't, then hoping things would work out with her. It also seems like we may finally get some more backstory on what went down between Ayako, her husband, and Akira that makes her still feel guilt. Also Asuka's reaction to thinking about the night before is pretty relatable to how I'm sure we all felt when Ayako made a move on Asuka on her own. This series so so good, and I'm loving the ride. I can't wait till the next update.

joined Feb 14, 2019

Oh wow, after reading the raws you provided This is about to get crazy, like we knew Akira has feelings for Ayako for a while now but I never thought she would make a move on her own. I'm going to assume though given how helpful she has been to both Asuka and Ayako, that part of her motivation for this is to help her awaken to her emotions. And then if Ayako doesn't, then hoping things would work out with her. It also seems like we may finally get some more backstory on what went down between Ayako, her husband, and Akira that makes her still feel guilt. Also Asuka's reaction to thinking about the night before is pretty relatable to how I'm sure we all felt when Ayako made a move on Asuka on her own. This series so so good, and I'm loving the ride. I can't wait till the next update.

Interesting idea about Akira playing both sides, I suppose it could go that way, but for the moment I'm inclined to go with the idea she is just (dramatically) trying to prove a point... when Ayako smacks her down (or otherwise fails to respond positively) she is going to point out how different her reaction to Asuka is, and argue that difference proves she feels something
(edit: thanks shadesofgreymoon, I didn't even notice the space the first time... then started adding and removing other spaces, still not sure how I missed the right combo)

last edited at Mar 21, 2020 10:23PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

(edit why aren't spoiler tags working)

You have to butt the == right up against the start word and end word, no space between. :)

Anime-pictures.net_-_519241-700x1000-inuyasha-inuyasha%20(character)-inuyasha%20(human%20form)-sorolp-long%20hair-single
joined Mar 27, 2019

wow all y'all working like lightning in quarantine
Love you guys
Hope everyone is safe <3

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

what manga truly is.

...Chinese cartoons? o3o

Kanji aside, manhua is Chinese and manga is Japanese.

joined Feb 14, 2019

On a lighter note Asuka's "mom-sense" should be going crazy at this point.

Fatvhoyx0am9qa0
joined Jan 20, 2019

bRO she kissed her I'm HDUFHUEHUUHIADUISUHIDWYGUHIAELIHUTVRYGBDUTNKLRS;EGTSM;WAILHURDFNYJTS

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Just like my mexican telenovelas!

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

Interesting idea about Akira playing both sides, I suppose it could go that way, but for the moment I'm inclined to go with the idea she is just (dramatically) trying to prove a point... when Ayako smacks her down (or otherwise fails to respond positively) she is going to point out how different her reaction to Asuka is, and argue that difference proves she feels something

Yeah I think what you say is how it will go down (at least I hope so). But I do believe that even though Akira is trying to help, if she realizes the situation between Ayako and Asuka won't work out, she will take advantage of it for herself if Ayako seems receptive to it.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Nice

joined Feb 14, 2019

Yeah I think what you say is how it will go down (at least I hope so). But I do believe that even though Akira is trying to help, if she realizes the situation between Ayako and Asuka won't work out, she will take advantage of it for herself if Ayako seems receptive to it.

I think you are right in terms of Akira's personality in general, opportunism certainly fits. But specifically in the case of her feelings for Ayako there is something more going on there, we still have that unexplained reference in ch 8 "For me not even a lifetime would be enough to earn the right to be in love with Ayako"; even for more superficial things, I don't think she would be ok with anything happening unless she was sure Ayako really wanted it, not just as a distraction.

Despite her joking around she seems to care very deeply for Ayako, so will probably choose what seems best for Ayako, rather than for herself.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

While I like how the story progress, my moral values just keep yelling "wtf is wrong with you Akira. That's her daughter!"

last edited at Mar 22, 2020 1:58AM

joined Feb 14, 2019

Traditionally, as eldest daughter (even more so as only child), Asuka was already "meant" to be living with Ayako for the rest of her life. First caring for Asuka's children together, then with Asuka caring for Ayako in her old age... kind of neat how little it would change from that as a couple.

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

oh snap...

joined Jul 26, 2016

Hazarding a guess Akira's opting for the shock-therapy approach to get Ayako stop chasing her own tail.

joined Mar 22, 2020

Akira can step on me and I'd still thank her

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Akira! You da motherfucking man!

Um, no, wait, gimme a moment, let me rephrase that...

joined Feb 23, 2016

Ahh how i waited for this to happend~ drama~

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

Akira. Damn.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This trainwreck of a thread is a pretty solid counter argument to the "people can enjoy a bad thing in fiction without normalizing it in real life" argument. People will look at an extremely romanticized fictional portrayal of something and then turn around and act like it's at all representative of the reality of that situation. Also, good god stop comparing incest to LGBT relationships you absolute loons.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This trainwreck of a thread is a pretty solid counter argument to the "people can enjoy a bad thing in fiction without normalizing it in real life" argument.

Please explain. How has anyone in the thread “normalized incest in real life” any more than rooting for John Wick has “normalized assassination in real life”?

joined Jan 21, 2020

This trainwreck of a thread is a pretty solid counter argument to the "people can enjoy a bad thing in fiction without normalizing it in real life" argument. People will look at an extremely romanticized fictional portrayal of something and then turn around and act like it's at all representative of the reality of that situation. Also, good god stop comparing incest to LGBT relationships you absolute loons.

Most people havent been doing that tho. Im well aware that alot of incest relationships/encounters arent great (a large ammount of them just being child abuse) however what me and most others have been trying to argue is that incest isnt INTRINSICLY bad and has a very real chance of going well between two consenting adults, against which someone still has to provide a valid counterargument.

last edited at Mar 22, 2020 7:43AM

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

Holy shit ,here we go

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

A lot of countries don't criminalize incest (though it's a recent development) if it's between consenting adults.

Actually, lots of professionals (justice, medicine) refuse to talk about "successful" incestuous relationship and prefer to talk about them, rightly so, under the angle of violence and trauma, for fear of legitimizing such relationships and harming the victims of the non-consenting ones. They do actually exist, but none wants to make a serious study about it, because it touches a taboo.

Without children resulting from such relationships, I don't think it's intrinsically a bad thing (personal opinion) between consenting adults. But if children are the result, it become a whole other can of worms and I can't really condone it.

joined Jul 26, 2019

Akira practises the electroshock on ayako, we know very well that ayako will feel bad and will not feel the same thing as with her daughter... she will be able to compare the two kisses.
But by the way akira will have had a little bonus ^^

To reply you must either login or sign up.