Forum › 1 x ½ discussion

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

Who, whoa, whoa, I'm not sure if I'm misinterpreting but just in case: Ayako has NOT been grooming Asuka in the slightest. She didn't even know about Asuka's feelings! I don't think most of us would be cheering them on if it was written that way. And Although, yes! Asuka is what like 17 now? (Time has passed) the writer is writing it very delicately I feel, and is being kind of realistic with the way Ayako freaks out, and the way that (unfortunately teenagers that age do go through sexual experiences) it's very common, especially in the US and tv. Lol I think in this mangas case, the incest is the bigger "issue" but I do believe it is consensual and that when Asuka turns 18, it will still be consensual.

Asuka is madly in love with Ayako. She's going through what all of us have gone through or will go through, sex included. (love) all teenagers and humans go through it. (only thing is, it's her mother) and Ayako, from the looks of it, is on the same boat. She's never gone through those types of teenage feelings, and just romance in general. (Only it's her daughter)

Their relationship really doesn't seem to be a "groomed" pervy Loli type of relationship. Or else I don't think we'd have so many chapters of development. Taiyaki is actually taking her time to let the viewers see both characters sides, and that it's not about sex. It's about those two having authentic feelings of love for each other.

It's a manga! These 2 are soul mates, the way I see it.

I agree they are like soul mates. I love Taiyaki's ability to tell this story and give it proper attention instead of a rushed finish. Also I agree that Ayako did not groom her.

Also I have to disagree with Lilliwyt that "the line between grooming and raising your childs as a parent is very thin." If someone is grooming someone, they are aware of it, its not something that one stumbles into while parenting.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If you allow stories about romantic incest, the next thing you know they'll be making stories where the heroes are, oh, I don't know . . . hitmen, or something. Or people who steal cars.

Or even vampires.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

If you allow stories about romantic incest, the next thing you know they'll be making stories where the heroes are, oh, I don't know . . . hitmen, or something. Or people who steal cars.

Or even vampires.

Oh the atrocity.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Or even vampires.

I know one horror-comedy cartoon (made by a team of Germans, Italians and (oddly enough) Luxembourgish) where all but 3 of the main cast are vampires (2 of the others are humans, and the last remaining one was a wolf, and a pet to the most fearsome of the vampires at that). It even used to be one of my favourites in my childhood. How much those characters are the heroes of the story really depends on how main the characters are and their general demeanor. I think it was called School for Vampires?

joined Jun 25, 2017

Who, whoa, whoa, I'm not sure if I'm misinterpreting but just in case: Ayako has NOT been grooming Asuka in the slightest. She didn't even know about Asuka's feelings! I don't think most of us would be cheering them on if it was written that way. And Although, yes! Asuka is what like 17 now? (Time has passed) the writer is writing it very delicately I feel, and is being kind of realistic with the way Ayako freaks out, and the way that (unfortunately teenagers that age do go through sexual experiences) it's very common, especially in the US and tv. Lol I think in this mangas case, the incest is the bigger "issue" but I do believe it is consensual and that when Asuka turns 18, it will still be consensual.

Asuka is madly in love with Ayako. She's going through what all of us have gone through or will go through, sex included. (love) all teenagers and humans go through it. (only thing is, it's her mother) and Ayako, from the looks of it, is on the same boat. She's never gone through those types of teenage feelings, and just romance in general. (Only it's her daughter)

Their relationship really doesn't seem to be a "groomed" pervy Loli type of relationship. Or else I don't think we'd have so many chapters of development. Taiyaki is actually taking her time to let the viewers see both characters sides, and that it's not about sex. It's about those two having authentic feelings of love for each other.

It's a manga! These 2 are soul mates, the way I see it.

I agree they are like soul mates. I love Taiyaki's ability to tell this story and give it proper attention instead of a rushed finish. Also I agree that Ayako did not groom her.

Also I have to disagree with Lilliwyt that "the line between grooming and raising your childs as a parent is very thin." If someone is grooming someone, they are aware of it, its not something that one stumbles into while parenting.

I love this ^ song.

(^3^♪

joined Jun 25, 2017

Also, I forget Akira is a scientist like Ayako. So I can see why she doesn't see the mother/daughter romance as a problem. They can't procreate.

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

akira can't hear ya'll she's too busy getting her degree in freudism and trying to get ayako and asuka to bang

joined Jan 21, 2020

Why on Earth are there still people ranting about this ?!
Come on ! This is tiring me !
We're all disgusting scums here, if you don't like that, FUCKING DON'T READ IT
Incest for the win.

You have to understand the difference between a manga and real life. I can read incest stories and find it good but it's a different matter if someone said they go out with a family member in real life. I think i couldn't accept it.
By the way, the line between grooming and raising your childs as a parent is very thin.

It's not surprising you couldn't accept it, you don't accept almost anything of what you read.

What even is your problem ? I don't have problems with incest as long it's fictional and I wouldn't read a story so long about incest if I didn't like it. I said (see, it's the tricky part, hope you can follow) that's I have a problem with IRL incest, I will be a bit grossed out if someone I know said they have romantics feelings for one of their family member, regardless of the gender.

tl;dr : I'm ok with Incest as long as it's only fictional.

Heres the problem with your previous statement tho, you said you "couldnt accept" it. Being grossed out by something is perfectly fine but when you say it like that it kinda insinuates that youre against people being allowed to do it, which people are obviously gonna have an issue with.

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

yeah I would like to know too... exactly what's the problem with an incestuous relationship IN A MANGA! LOL

iPoppedYoCherry
joined Mar 19, 2020

Can’t wait for chapter 16.1+a ;0

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

oh yeah whats the problem mom tell me

joined Feb 14, 2019

All of Ayako's worries stem from this misconception: she's amalgamating "correct" and "normal" and "right" with "going with the crowd, doing just what everyone does." This is a horribly toxic and dangerous way of thinking that has historically lead to the damning of homosexuality, polyamory and miscegenation (to name only a few). Ayako has persuaded herself that her feelings are wrong because society would disapprove of them. This is bad and sucks big time.

Very well put. I think there is also a note of puritanism, that things involving sex are somehow intrinsically corrupt in a way other activities aren't (actually that could sort of apply to most of the items on your list). That sex, especially pleasurable sex, is come sort of irrevocable corruption. People, apparently including Ayako, get hung up on the sin thing and lose track of whether or not there are real harms.

As others have put it, situational ethics. Looking at the context of the particular case, not grasping at some universal rules about right and wrong.

Asuka and Ayako enjoy what they are doing and they are both willing participants (Asuka in particular has had a very clear idea of what she wants for a long time... we are probably due for her to explain to her mother how long and how deep her feelings run). In many ways it is very nice that they both have an opportunity to explore their first romantic experience with the person they love and trust most in the world. A bit like lending money or going into business together it only has to harm their family relationship if they let it.

The age thing is more of an issue than the incest. Self knowledge wise, sixteen is worlds better than 12 or 14; it's true 16 year olds still fall a bit short of full adult decision making capacity (whatever that is worth), but Asuka isn't considering international treaties, pregnancy or a facial tattoo... it is just exploring her feelings with a woman she loves and desires... well within teenage decision making capacity.
tbh I hope the question they consider is not "is this true love?", which neither of them is experienced enough to answer, and taken seriously would be a commitment too far for Asuka's age, but just "is this what we want to do, now?"

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

God! This has got to be one of the most idiotic manga series I've ever read
Just everything about it is soooo fucking stupid

joined Jul 26, 2016

Thank you for this deeply analytical :contribution:

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Thank you for this deeply analytical :contribution:

Anytime
You set up and I'll knock em' down

B61e85481cd305c6139d74d53e7100cf--pixel-ideas
joined Sep 20, 2017

Lmaooo Akira. You tell 'em girl

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Why on Earth are there still people ranting about this ?!
Come on ! This is tiring me !
We're all disgusting scums here, if you don't like that, FUCKING DON'T READ IT
Incest for the win.

You have to understand the difference between a manga and real life. I can read incest stories and find it good but it's a different matter if someone said they go out with a family member in real life. I think i couldn't accept it.
By the way, the line between grooming and raising your childs as a parent is very thin.

It's not surprising you couldn't accept it, you don't accept almost anything of what you read.

What even is your problem ? I don't have problems with incest as long it's fictional and I wouldn't read a story so long about incest if I didn't like it. I said (see, it's the tricky part, hope you can follow) that's I have a problem with IRL incest, I will be a bit grossed out if someone I know said they have romantics feelings for one of their family member, regardless of the gender.

tl;dr : I'm ok with Incest as long as it's only fictional.

Heres the problem with your previous statement tho, you said you "couldnt accept" it. Being grossed out by something is perfectly fine but when you say it like that it kinda insinuates that youre against people being allowed to do it, which people are obviously gonna have an issue with.

I don't think there is peoples "allowed" to do incest, at least here legally. I'm sorry but you can read stories on subject you think it's not morally good in real life. I read Murcielago, that doesn't mean i think Serial killers should be free to help capture dangerous criminals.

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

And would you believe it, we have new (half) chapter already! I guess being late with releases has its own advantages.
https://mega.nz/#!m0dRlYLC!wXP9IJh_bAAx0eRLNAWz6A1QJrIQdvmMi3KnuPZJCj0

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

And would you believe it, we have new (half) chapter already! I guess being late with releases has its own advantages.

TL v1: https://pastebin.com/fQptXVka
Akira no/yes

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Akira no/yes

Thank you!

I did the usual thing.
https://pastebin.com/BzMyMuXd

Are you planning on doing cleaning and typesetting this time too? Quality-wise I don't think your work in any significant way is inferior to that of /yuri/ anon.

last edited at Mar 21, 2020 9:37AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

It is done.

Dno5flnumaex4-j
joined Feb 11, 2018

There's nothing wrong about this M-A-N-G-A. Apparently a lot of people here does not understand what manga truly is.

joined Jul 26, 2016

what manga truly is.

...Chinese cartoons? o3o

joined Jun 25, 2017

Soooo, chapter 16.2 raws are out and.... Like wth is up with that last panel, AKIRA! I need to know what the hell is going on. For the love of ASUKA/AYAKO!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

joined Jun 25, 2017

Akira no/yes

No!!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.