Forum › Haru and Midori discussion

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Shit, tears welling up again, how do they do it?! Nice chapter, feels like progress and some nice character development just went down.... it was orchestrated so well I thought it might have been last chapter.... thank diabetus it's not! A sweet fluffy chapter is required after all of that

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

talks to himself: Don't you dare make that joke, just because of that last sentence. It's certainly off-topic, but that's not even the main reason why everyone, including yourself, is gonna be mad at you.

Yes, I want this slow burn to eventually turn sexual too at some point. Just please dear god don't let it be at a molasses pace like Citrus or a Korean Drama.

I don't know, I wouldn't call this a slow burn mostly because it doesn't feel like there's any unnecessary drama or filler. Everything up until this one point has been about establishing a relationship and backstory. But now that all the non-romance plot has been taken care of, let's see how fast things develop from now on.

joined Jul 23, 2017

I just went through this one up to ch12 in one go and honestly ... I love their relationship, but I don't see why you would introduce the yuri angle between them. This is too well written to devolve into the gay version of Usagi Drop, basically. Haru is fucking 14.

I'd much rather it go on in its iyashikei direction and make Haru and Midori a well characterized found family trope and give Haru's classmate (who clearly has the hots for her) a chance.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

This is too well written to devolve into the gay version of Usagi Drop, basically. Haru is fucking 14.

There always the timeskip card

Ezgif.com-crop(1)
joined Jan 11, 2020

I can't expect any romantic relationship between haru and midori. I really like these "familiy" interaction anyway. but this is not slice of life, so I don't have any idea what gonna happen

Bgs_icon-small
joined Apr 11, 2018

Another one of those chapters where I was so relieved to see "tsuzuku" at the bottom of the page.

joined Jun 8, 2019

Waiting for the kiss

joined Mar 5, 2019

Waiting for the kiss

Hnnnnnnng. I have no idea what I want for them, I just want them to be happy! Dead mom stuff is so sad!

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Waiting for the kiss

Hnnnnnnng. I have no idea what I want for them, I just want them to be happy! Dead mom stuff is so sad!

^ This, I have such a mix of feelings aAAAHH

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

I just went through this one up to ch12 in one go and honestly ... I love their relationship, but I don't see why you would introduce the yuri angle between them. This is too well written to devolve into the gay version of Usagi Drop, basically. Haru is fucking 14.

I'd much rather it go on in its iyashikei direction and make Haru and Midori a well characterized found family trope and give Haru's classmate (who clearly has the hots for her) a chance.

Same, that Yuri tag is probs for the fact Midori loved Harus mother. It's too good of a story to worry which route it takes anyway, it all works for me as long as there's some development

Ao3
joined Apr 23, 2019

Yep, this is a friendship subtext, i sense nothing gay between Midori and Haru

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Yep, this is a friendship subtext, i sense nothing gay between Midori and Haru

Maybe, Maybe not.Nothing is really certain. I too sense nothing and the schoolmate of Haru is maybe the one who will confess to Haru.

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

I'm glad she finally acknowledged they're completely different.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

This gonna end soon? Seems like it could... though it'd be a bit of a cop out.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

This gonna end soon? Seems like it could... though it'd be a bit of a cop out.

I don't know... It feels like it's only starting.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

This series is so hard to read without crying :(

Bless Fukaumi Kon. What a wonderful and talented person.

joined Oct 10, 2016

Am I the only one who does see Haruko and Midori as friends, but not lovers?

Like, Midori is constantly grieving about Haruko's mom. I have a feeling that is they went any deeper, Midori would be all like "Your mother wasn't like that", or "Your mother wouldn't do that". Midori would be seeing Tsugumi through Haruko's prism.

I so hope I make sense

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This is a pretty common trope, although not necessarily with an age gap--someone starts a relationship with a relative of an ex, or even someone who just looks like the--usually tragically lost--ex.

The traditional resolution is, "I don't love you because you're like her--I love you because you're you."

As I've said, I don't much care how this story resolves as long as it stays as thoughtful and as well-written as it's been. But there's no utility in predictive lamenting.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

If anything romantic does develop between Haru and Midori, I'd hope it would be after a time skip. I could see Haru getting mad at Midori not saying what she wants, moving in with her aunt, and then we cut to Haru graduating or something. Distance makes the heart fonder and all that~

joined Jan 6, 2018

There so much water!!

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Am I the only one who does see Haruko and Midori as friends, but not lovers?

Like, Midori is constantly grieving about Haruko's mom. I have a feeling that is they went any deeper, Midori would be all like "Your mother wasn't like that", or "Your mother wouldn't do that". Midori would be seeing Tsugumi through Haruko's prism.

I so hope I make sense

yes, you're the only one, which is why a handful posts above you assert the exact same thing.

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

At this pace, I feel something will be sprouting on these two at chapter 1469, yes I'm certain. Keep it up ...

Untitled-1
joined Feb 6, 2017

It bothers me that she's are aware enough to know she's being childish, but not aware of what maturity looks like.

Don't tell your 14 year old, grieving, orphan ward "Don't go" like this is a lovers' spat, tell her that she's welcome to stay and will always have a home with you no matter what she chooses. You know, like a responsible parent.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

These chapters are so short, but so good

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

These chapters are so short, but so good

This one's technically ch13 part 1

To reply you must either login or sign up.