Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Moke ver.) discussion

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

I am still only halfay through the Azure chapter in the novel, but I take it things will get painlful before they get better huh?
...... does this count as spoiler here?

anyway, some awkard bits aside, I enjoyed this chapter and I feel like volume 2 has been an improvement over the first one so far.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Not goona lie, I thought for a second this was a new chapter of the novel, and was so excited to get out of angst hell, but then..

When I got to the part of the LN with the pages upon pages of ranting, I thought to myself "I wonder how they are going to manage to depict this in the manga? It's too important to just remove entirely. Man, I bet it's going to end up being Typesetter Hell."

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

Not goona lie, I thought for a second this was a new chapter of the novel, and was so excited to get out of angst hell, but then..

When I got to the part of the LN with the pages upon pages of ranting, I thought to myself "I wonder how they are going to manage to depict this in the manga? It's too important to just remove entirely. Man, I bet it's going to end up being Typesetter Hell."

This is going to be very difficult to adapt into manga or anime form, I guess a big part will be left out, if either happened.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

This is going to be very difficult to adapt into manga or anime form, I guess a big part will be left out, if either happened.

When in doubt the best way to go about it is use the "exclusive" strengths of the different medium I think.

A manga adptation of the scene sounds a bit difficult, what I can imagine is mixing the amounts text with panels focusing on Adachi's expressions and movements, I can only imagine how the poor girl would look while in the middle of the whole thing, maybe mix in previous scenes that get referenced during it. Probably would have to take an entire chapter solely on that moment. The important thing would be too use the entire chapter for it regardless of hoe much of the original text is used, probably would cut it slightly and don't make the chapter entirely text based

For an anime adaptation of the scene most of the weight would go to her VA's performance, depending on how much and how fast she is able and willing to go about it they could kept the whole thing if they wanted, but more than likely better cut the repeating bits, I don't remember the names but some users have similar scenes in other animes in the novel's thread. but like similar to a manga one also focus on Adachi's body, movement and expressions through the whole thing,

last edited at Jan 31, 2020 4:53PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I don't want to be that guy but this version has yet to be on that particular scene so it's kinda spoilish. If you want to talk about that you can go on the Novel thread where it happen but no here where we are just at the showdown between Adachi's mom and Shimamura at the sauna. Also if you want to speak of the novel here, just compare the scene of the manga with the one of the novel.

last edited at Jan 31, 2020 3:46PM

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

For an anime adaptation of the scene most of the weight would go to her VA's performance, depending on how much and how fast she is able and willing to go about it they could kept the whole thing if they wanted, but more than likely better cut the repeating bits, I don't remember the names but some users have similar scenes in other animes in the novel's thread.

Ef. A tale of Memories.
I didn't like that anime but I don't like most anime so take that as you will.
Huge spoiler for that anime and this manga's light novel
You can just look up Ef A tale of Memories phone call on YouTube to find the scene

As for this chapter of the manga, I always thought this was one of the most interesting ones in the previous manga and the novel. Even more so after recent developments.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

I don't want to be that guy but this version has yet to be on that particular scene so it's kinda spoilish. If you want to talk about that you can go on the Novel thread where it happen but no here where we are just at the showdown between Adachi's mom and Shimamura at the sauna. Also if you want to speak of the novel here, just compare the scene of the manga with the one of the novel.

my bad, got ahead of myself. should I delete the post or would mark it as spoiler be enough?

Ef. A tale of Memories.
I didn't like that anime but I don't like most anime so take that as you will.
Huge spoiler for that anime and this manga's light novel
You can just look up Ef A tale of Memories phone call on YouTube to find the scene

thanks for the share of the name. Haven't seen that one personally, the one that I was remembering was one where this girl super rants at her friend for his "smartass" way of talking and never explaining shit of what he said and using terms she didn't understand, or something like that, haven't seen that one either but I've seen that scene

As for this chapter of the manga, I always thought this was one of the most interesting ones in the previous manga and the novel. Even more so after recent developments.

agree, I wonder when would Adachi's mom re-appear

last edited at Jan 31, 2020 5:00PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

my bad, got ahead of myself. should I delete the post or would mark it as spoiler be enough?

Spoiler tag is enough since you just talk about a scene that had yet to happen.

joined Mar 5, 2019

Big oof. I really do want to see the expressions though, Shimamura's in particular. I can kind of imagine the sequence of them.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Yeah platonic, no emotion in this chapter and the meaningless final sentence, next.

It's not pointless. It refered directly back to something that happened in this chapter. Shima's insistance that Addachi's mom interact with her more wasn't enough to change their relationship.

Im not sure what you mean by no emotion. There were developments. Sillyness with Shima unable to do a pushup and Addach's very telling reactions to their interactions. Plus look at that smug Shima face!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Wlfking posted:

Yeah platonic, no emotion in this chapter and the meaningless final sentence, next.

It's not pointless. It refered directly back to something that happened in this chapter. Shima's insistance that Addachi's mom interact with her more wasn't enough to change their relationship.

Im not sure what you mean by no emotion. There were developments. Sillyness with Shima unable to do a pushup and Addach's very telling reactions to their interactions. Plus look at that smug Shima face!

I feel like is just some weird hate that people have with the new manga so they said void accusations like that, as if this one killed the previous manga... but it wasn't like that at all.

Also I love this one and I will looooooooooooove the anime.

last edited at Feb 1, 2020 10:09PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Adachi on her way to repeating a year because of her overwhelming love

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I mentioned to sneikk yesterday that I finally put my finger on what it was about the newer characters that I didnt like: the profiles with the suuuuuuper long nasal bridges and the kinda derp lips remind me of the gelfling puppets from the original Dark Crystal

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Nagafuji will accompany her

joined Apr 5, 2015

I believe you can't repeat an year in Japanese schools, so she is covered. Might hurt her chances at getting into college, though.

joined Dec 5, 2019

I can never tell if shimamura knows and teases adachi on purpose or if she is oblivious to the obvious gay vibes. don't tell me if you read the novel tho lol

last edited at Feb 28, 2020 6:43AM

joined Mar 15, 2017

I believe you can't repeat an year in Japanese schools, so she is covered.

Being held back a year (留年) is a thing in Japanese high schools.

joined Apr 5, 2015

It is not very common, though, right? At least that is what I've been told by people from there. This article (point 4) also mentions it: https://jpninfo.com/52113

joined Mar 15, 2017

It is not very common, though, right? At least that is what I've been told by people from there.

Yeah, apparently it's about 0.5% and expulsion is more likely.

This article (point 4) also mentions it: https://jpninfo.com/52113

Someone talking about their experience as though it's true for Japanese schools in general, especially point 2.

Ezgif.com-crop(1)
joined Jan 11, 2020

What, Small Adachi so cute!
Oh no FBI Wai-

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Dont care what anyone says. I really like Moke's art.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

FiddlePop posted:

Nagafuji will accompany her

I think Nagafuji needs especial education +_+)

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

Reading this chapter after reading the newest chapter of the novel is kind of awesome, I don't know why lol.
I also really love the art and especially how Adachi looks here, not that that her design was bad in the first manga or something, but still.
Great work!

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

Same

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Same

GELF. LINGS.

To reply you must either login or sign up.