Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

joined Dec 18, 2018

I have a feeling that Mio and Shizuka are going to crash, at least for a while.

Shizuka needs some time alone to sort her head out.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Folcwine P Pywackett posted:

I can tell this is an unpopular opinion, but while Chie x Ai is my favorite couple in this series, Shizuka is my favorite character. She's complicated, and at times not a good person, but that's what makes her so interesting. In my opinion, a character isn't truly human until they do something that makes you hate them.

Despite how hard she's trying to be a good person and a good partner for Mio, she's still struggling to get over someone she loved so dearly in the past. This isn't easy for everyone, and it's clearly taking a huge emotional toll on her and, possibly soon, Mio as well. As much as I want to say she doesn't deserve Mio and that they should break up, I also want to see her talk to Mio about her problems so they can figure out how to work through them together. Given how much they love each other, I feel like they'd both be up to the challenge.

She's really well grounded! It's easy for her to remember the good times with Kaoru, who still clearly likes her. That's always going to be tempting when it feels like a safe fallback. And it's less scary than uncharted territory with Mio, which has already had a rocky start.

That's some hard shit to figure out in high school. Especially when she's gotten herself in a situation where there's no one to talk to about it that isn't one the involved parties.

That is a very perceptive and spot on observation. It is now obvious that Shizuka cannot move on from Koaru and cutting her hair is not going to do it. Every time she spends any time with Koaru, all the past resurfaces. Shizuka needs a good friend she can talk to about the situation, as you suggest.

In one of the many fanfictions I have created, this is actually what happens: Shizuka opens up with Nononon about the situation.

Ans while I'm not sure which one is my fav couple (I love Chie and Ai but also Haruka & Kanae, Mari & Yuu and not to talk about Onibi and Nao), Shizuka is definitely my fav character

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 15, 2014

She cut her hair... I SCREAMED.
a new short haircut means a new beginning. I see why she did but omg the pretty long hair. Also damn she did a fine job on her own lol

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

a new short haircut means a new beginning. I see why she did but omg the pretty long hair. Also damn she did a fine job on her own lol

Same … but I don't think she cut it herself, I got the impression that "Bleu" was a hair-salon where she got it cut.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Whoa, whoa, wait, she didn't do it herself! She had her hair cut in a professional salon!

Same … but I don't think she cut it herself, I got the impression that "Bleu" was a hair-salon where she got it cut.

Right. If we check page 23, we'll see that the salon is indeed named "Bleu" and that the lady hairdresser (the one holding the scissors) has slender fingers with long nails -- very different from Shizuka's rather shortish nails.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Dear lord and savior I want her to dom me even more now praise n preach to short hair Shizuka

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

I can tell this is an unpopular opinion, but while Chie x Ai is my favorite couple in this series, Shizuka is my favorite character. She's complicated, and at times not a good person, but that's what makes her so interesting. In my opinion, a character isn't truly human until they do something that makes you hate them.

Despite how hard she's trying to be a good person and a good partner for Mio, she's still struggling to get over someone she loved so dearly in the past. This isn't easy for everyone, and it's clearly taking a huge emotional toll on her and, possibly soon, Mio as well. As much as I want to say she doesn't deserve Mio and that they should break up, I also want to see her talk to Mio about her problems so they can figure out how to work through them together. Given how much they love each other, I feel like they'd both be up to the challenge.

She's really well grounded! It's easy for her to remember the good times with Kaoru, who still clearly likes her. That's always going to be tempting when it feels like a safe fallback. And it's less scary than uncharted territory with Mio, which has already had a rocky start.

That's some hard shit to figure out in high school. Especially when she's gotten herself in a situation where there's no one to talk to about it that isn't one the involved parties.

That is a very perceptive and spot on observation. It is now obvious that Shizuka cannot move on from Koaru and cutting her hair is not going to do it. Every time she spends any time with Koaru, all the past resurfaces. Shizuka needs a good friend she can talk to about the situation, as you suggest.

Really well put from all of you. However in regards to the last comment, that is also what I initially thought, but cutting your hair in manga is, in my perception, more significant than that. So i personally do believe this will allow Shizuka to truly move forward, since they've basically made a whole chapter around this fact. It would be an anticlimax if that weren't the case.
Ofc only the future will tell us the truth

last edited at Feb 20, 2020 1:58AM

joined Dec 18, 2018

Praise be to new chapters. Definitely nice to step back into wholesome flirting after last chapters drama.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Had no idea that butt nipples were a thing.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

GeneralJ posted:

In one of the many fanfictions I have created, this is actually what happens: Shizuka opens up with Nononon about the situation.

Ans while I'm not sure which one is my fav couple (I love Chie and Ai but also Haruka & Kanae, Mari & Yuu and not to talk about Onibi and Nao), Shizuka is definitely my fav character

Tsuki-chan, Tsuki-chan, tsk, tsk, tsk. You are writing fafiction of this gem and you didn't post the link? I'm disappointed.

There was spoiler! Also they're not ready to be published (also ashamed and English is not my first language)

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Kyuuuuuuned so hard I fainted thirsty Airi for 199 in colour!! Butt dimples for 200 IN COLOUR!!! blacks out again

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

At this rate, maybe it'll actually start living up to the NSFW tag again.

last edited at Feb 20, 2020 10:37AM

joined Mar 5, 2019

Back dimples are kind of my thing, so this was literal perfection.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

So much DEEP THIRST in these two chapters

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Yuri be praised, these were great chapters. Color, skinship, and lots of pretty underthings.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Airi and Miyoshi are pretty high up in this series' Just Fuck Already list but then both are into NTR so it's prolly gonna be something weird when they actually get to it o3o

Unnamed
joined Sep 11, 2019

Goshhhhh.....that last one chapter was awfully gay /(•_•)/

joined Apr 24, 2015

Haruka x kanae is my favorite couple. While it's a tie between mahiro x mahiru and yumimi x nononon as my 2nd. I don't care at all about the rest so any chapters that don't involve my 3 favorites is a major letdown.

last edited at Feb 20, 2020 1:12PM

Whatsapp%20image%202019-04-25%20at%2010.16.22%20pm%20(1)
joined Jan 4, 2018

I don't have those dimples lol I need to go on diet

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

CAT CONQUERS THE EARTH is my new favorite T-shirt slogan.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Legend says that when Ayano and Miyoshi finally hook up, the seal will be broken, and Yuri will conquer the entire Earth.

last edited at Feb 22, 2020 11:57AM

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Hey...
If memory doesn't fail me, last time we got a Haruka x Kanae chapter, Haruka gave Kanae a love letter where she fecking confessed to her.

What the hell happened after that?!? The obvious continuation should have been a chapter where Kanae sorts out her feelings, goes to meet Haruka and gives her a proper answer. Why are we suddenly back to gay-subtexty status quo?

Don't tell me the whole love letter development fell through a plothole... >:(

joined Jan 13, 2019

ah, blessed chapter

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

KasexYamada posted:

Hey...
If memory doesn't fail me, last time we got a Haruka x Kanae chapter, Haruka gave Kanae a love letter where she fecking confessed to her.

What the hell happened after that?!? The obvious continuation should have been a chapter where Kanae sorts out her feelings, goes to meet Haruka and gives her a proper answer. Why are we suddenly back to gay-subtexty status quo?

Don't tell me the whole love letter development fell through a plothole... >:(

Actually after those two chapters we never saw them again. At least until ch209

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

GeneralJ posted:

GeneralJ posted:

Tsuki-chan, Tsuki-chan, tsk, tsk, tsk. You are writing fafiction of this gem and you didn't post the link? I'm disappointed.

There was spoiler! Also they're not ready to be published (also ashamed and English is not my first language)

Owww, I understand, it's okay, English isn't my first language either if it was I would offer myself to help you edit the mistakes lol. I hope you feel comfortable to publish it one day.

Btw, chapter 200 is pure gold.

It could be nice! If you're fine with some NSFW stuff every once in a while xD

To reply you must either login or sign up.