Forum › Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru discussion

joined Dec 28, 2016

Is this really not a Yuri? Cuz, it seems really gay.

This is maximum gay without being "gay". I find it really hilarious how gay it is but how they just avoid using any actual terms.

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

I hate when the authors try to mess up the dictionary term. Friendship is friendship, partner is partner. Fucking crisis of infinite gayness of Japan!

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

That's why the author didn't mess up any existing term but created her own in 'girlship'.

Yandere%20eve
joined Mar 27, 2018

I love this manga

joined Jul 1, 2018

It took me 26 chapters to realize that this was a story of two girls with depression trying to open up about it to each other. Beautiful.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

By the way, the story has finally moved on past the Salamander short story, which ended with the salamander and the frog still unable to admit their loneliness to each other. Uncharted waters ahead.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

So the reptiles are finally gays ?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

not lizard

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

not lizard

My b, I mistook reptiles for amphibians.

Chamo
joined Mar 15, 2019

I was not ready to wake up to this, but it made my day so much better, hehe.

Tmp_11996-nanofate-3-11937795520
joined Dec 6, 2013

Damn onions..... glad they made up. T^T

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I want to point out this nice parallel (in case the bottom panel on the first page didn't ring a bell):
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch26#41
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch12#47

last edited at Feb 11, 2020 8:27AM

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

The chills, the feels... I love this chapter, hit me right to the gut.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

In some vague way I feel like I’ve had something important taken off my own “To Do” list: get these two knuckleheads talking honestly to each other.

You know—“OK, now that’s done . . .”

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

BeanBeanKingdom posted:

By the way, the story has finally moved on past the Salamander short story, which ended with the salamander and the frog still unable to admit their loneliness to each other. Uncharted waters ahead.

Yush! also I don't remember, in the original the Salamander lets the frog escape or is it the frog that decides to stay? either way I don't remember them flying away to the sky... The salamander was a dragon all along?! they got their own original ending.

Also beautiful panels, so much water... and it fits because they were drowning and I was drowning, we were suffocating in the deeps of aaaaaaaangts.

Nice mischievous tease at the end, I guess things are back to "normal" ?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

BeanBeanKingdom posted:

Yush! also I don't remember, in the original the Salamander lets the frog escape or is it the frog that decides to stay? either way I don't remember them flying away to the sky... The salamander was a dragon all along?! they got their own original ending.

I believe the frog decides to stay, meaning they both eventually will die.

Which is why we knew this would eventually definitively diverge from the original story (unless this mangaka were going for an impossibly dark turn, of course).

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I can't believe George will eat them in a terrible training accident.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If there’s any character in this series I trust to not do something rash and counterproductive, it’s George.

George has known what’s been going on the whole time.

Those amberjack, on the other hand. . .

last edited at Feb 11, 2020 9:46AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

BeanBeanKingdom posted:

George represents society, and that's the moral of the story.

On a kind of off topic note, I blocked a couple of users in MD over this chapter, their overreaction was awful, like they really really hated this... they complained the whole arc and complained even more now that it's over -.- ) but they'll be back next time anyway so I had to take measures.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

BeanBeanKingdom posted:

On a kind of off topic note, I blocked a couple of users in MD over this chapter, their overreaction was awful, like they really really hated this... they complained the whole arc and complained even more now that it's over -.- ) but they'll be back next time anyway so I had to take measures.

I hesitate to ask, but if you think it’s wise to answer, what was the problem? (I can see someone thinking it took too long, but the resolution seems close to perfect to me.)

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I understand their frustration but I feel it was mostly due to misplaced expectations, all the angst that happened was not for the sake of having angst and was completely necessary for the development of the story and characters in a way that parallels The Salamander and deals with loneliness and stubbornness like that.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Let them be honestly. I can understand some frustration as the manga is very slow in his pacing and the one chapter per month doesn't help either. Also all the sea symbolism can be seen as a bit overused even if it's the one of the theme of the manga.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Blastaar posted:

BeanBeanKingdom posted:

I hesitate to ask, but if you think it’s wise to answer, what was the problem? (I can see someone thinking it took too long, but the resolution seems close to perfect to me.)

Yeah I found the ending pretty beautiful, but the comments were stuff like "I hate Koyuki or I hate Konatsu! and this whole arc was awful and they even said they hate the author too! I can feel they weren't happy at all to read this chapter, they just were "about time!!" that kind of desperate people really piss me off, and I'm in a good mood now, I don't need that vibe!

Of course, saying that this took too long to concluded is valid criticism (it feels longer because of the schedule) but there's never need to hate o.O and those comments are just a waste of time if they'll come back next chapter anyway.

last edited at Feb 11, 2020 10:01AM

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

is it just me or does senpai give off autism vibes? She takes things literally, is bad at reading people, and she's so enthusiastic about the aquarium she ran it by herself for a while

Which would also explain why it's been hard for her to get anyone interested in the club

last edited at Feb 11, 2020 10:11AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Well she's very special that's for sure, but she's only lacking in the social aspect and that could've been fabricated by certain circumstances and the way people expected her to behave, people kind of glorified her and by doing so she was isolated, never had the chance to learn how.

I'm not saying that the possibility is off the table, just saying that most of those problems could've been fixed if she wasn't given a different treatment from the start

To reply you must either login or sign up.