Forum › An Easy Introduction to Love Triangles (To Pass the Exam!) discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Practice kissing, huh... it's a trope you don't find often... last time I saw it, it was in YuruYuri when Chinatsu asked Akari to be her practice partner (and refused to take "no" for an answer, lol).

It's way more common in Western stories than in Asian stories. And it's not a recent thing. I remember Casanova wrote in his Memoirs (an 18th-century book) that young unmarried girls would often practice kissing on each other as an introduction to heterosexual romance (taking turns to roleplay the "boy"). In fact, if he's to be believed, they would go even further than kissing, lol. But manga stories where two girls decide to practice kissing as a training game, just to be ready for their future (serious) romances, are exceedingly rare. I wonder why? Must be a question of ingrained cultural traits.

Maybe—I hardly have an encyclopedic knowledge of the yuri canon (even the ones I’ve read).

But if you also fold in all the examples of “just joking” and otherwise “didn’t count because reasons” kisses rather than just the overt “practice kissing” trope, my sense is that there are more than a few of those.

Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

Is this going to be on the test? Then lets hope she can pass that exam ;).

A promising start.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Scientific species names intensifies

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Me before reading: Wait a second, I know this style!

Looks up at name

Oh... Oooohhhhh... so they just pick up all comments about THAT other Love Triangle from Kiss and W. Lily and went: SO IS NOT DEVELOPED ENOUGH!? HOW ABOUT A WHOLE SERIES ABOUT IT!?!?!

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

By the way do we know on what basis this manga will be updating? Monthly? Bimonthly? Weekly? Irregularly? I want to know how often to hope.

joined Apr 28, 2019

i'd prefer a love triangle... gotta love angst.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

...freaking My Joy PTSD.

I dodge a bullet as i didn't read it. Her Pet had kinda throw me off of Pito's writing .

My Joy is definitely worth a read. Her Pet on the other hand is one rough ride,

last edited at Feb 3, 2020 2:40AM

Kikaluna Uploader
Ef2_zi-u4ae1h8g
Noca Scans
joined Nov 20, 2017

By the way do we know on what basis this manga will be updating? Monthly? Bimonthly? Weekly? Irregularly? I want to know how often to hope.

It's serialized in Dengeki Daioh which is a monthly magazine. And if I recall correctly, Canno used to take a month off with the release of every new volume when she was working on Ano Ko ni Kiss to Shirayuri wo.

pg 23, "do you k now" -> "know"

Thank you. I'll fix that tonight !

last edited at Feb 3, 2020 3:53AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

...freaking My Joy PTSD.

I dodge a bullet as i didn't read it. Her Pet had kinda throw me off of Pito's writing .

My Joy is definitely worth a read. Her Pet on the other hand is one rough ride,

You tell me that,it's seem that Her Pet mojo is "Violence solve everything". The bully boxer girl is one of the worst character i've sen.

joined May 9, 2016

Have you heard of our Lord and Savior, Canno?

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Hmmmm. I love girls. I love girls that love girls. I love girls that love multiple girls. Yep, all boxes checked.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Hmmmm. I love girls. I love girls that love girls. I love girls that love multiple girls. Yep, all boxes checked.

I just think you may be in the right place.

last edited at Feb 3, 2020 1:39PM

joined May 12, 2019

I know its a triangle, but I would like it more if the couple was only the blond and the black hair

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Eh, out of all things on Dynasty, polyamory is the only one that really isn't my cup of pee.

I'm now looking through all the tags to find the worst possible one. I'm sure everyone can agree Become Bread is the best one, though.

Edit: Aha! I've found the one tag everyone hates! At last, something for us all to agree on!

last edited at Feb 3, 2020 9:22PM

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Eh, out of all things on Dynasty, polyamory is the only one that really isn't my cup of pee.

I'm now looking through all the tags to find the worst possible one. I'm sure everyone can agree Become Bread is the best one, though.

It's depressing ass fuck

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

It's depressing ass fuck

Are you sure it's not Weird Nipple Shit?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

SushiKnight posted:

It's depressing ass fuck

Are you sure it's not Weird Nipple Shit?

Don't kink shame ! https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_rage_of_justice_meets_the_girl

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

omg

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I may have missed something in the story or a post here about it, but has anyone discussed the chapter subtitle?

A search for the phrase “Looking for snow in June” doesn’t return any obvious Japanese aphorisms, (although evidently there are places in Japan where there’s snow in June).

Is the sense just that the MC’s quest to pass the exam is doomed (or at least highly unlikely), like “a snowball’s chance in hell”?

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Actually no, it means that I'm an idiot.

The Japanese title is 六月の雪深し (Rokugatsu no Yuki Fukashi), which means "The June Snow is Deep"; I mistakenly read it as 六月の雪探し (Rokugatsu no Yuki Sagashi) because the two characters look the same except for their radical.

So I'll have to fix that.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Actually no, it means that I'm an idiot.

The Japanese title is 六月の雪深し (Rokugatsu no Yuki Fukashi), which means "The June Snow is Deep"; I mistakenly read it as 六月の雪探し (Rokugatsu no Yuki Sagashi) because the two characters look the same except for their radical.

So I'll have to fix that.

Ah, so rather saying she was trying to do something very unlikely, it's saying that unlikely things are happening everywhere around. Good job noticing tho! Thank you so much for translating this!!! I'm so excited

Smallpred
joined Jun 29, 2015
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Oh my, that teddy bear is clearly enjoying the view.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_easy_introduction_to_love_triangles_to_pass_the_exam_ch01#41

Isn't that the same teddy here? https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_easy_introduction_to_love_triangles_to_pass_the_exam_ch01#46

Oh good spot - what do you think the odds are that keychain is a present from our MC?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

To reply you must either login or sign up.