Forum › An Easy Introduction to Love Triangles (To Pass the Exam!) discussion

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I think it's a tongue-in-cheek joke about how the love triangle will be resolved easily - by polyamory. That's my guess at least.

I mean, technically a polyamory is still a triangle. :þ

Still, I wonder how much research Canno did on the subject, since she seems to like depicting it. Unless… she's more than just friends with her two pals from Hyper Kettle Yesterday? >.> Okay, probably not.

Anyway, that's a risky move for sure, and it has a lot of potential for going awry. But I just wanna see Canno develop a single story over a long time for once. So please, no digressions about Mayuki's basketball clubmates or whatever. TTvTT

Technicolor_disturbance_by_kancano-d31lywi
joined Dec 5, 2019

I do wonder why the title says it's going to be a love triangle when it's otherwise quite upfront about the endgame being poly

Because triangle vertex always connects with two others

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Goliath posted:

I do wonder why the title says it's going to be a love triangle when it's otherwise quite upfront about the endgame being poly

Because triangle vertex always connects with two others

I want a square love where the people involved love 2 out of the other 3 and the one that isn't directly connected to them is a rival or they hate each other instead hahahaha and it's all about whatever they can choose, change or give up one or the other.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

[INSERT]

[My personal attitudes towards polyamory]

[Opinion of Canno’s previous work, with reference to AnoKiss poly arc]

[Anecdote of my real-life second-hand experience with polyamory]

[Decry use of tropes/defend use of tropes] {pending}

[Prediction of complex future plot developments based on lemon-squeezing imaginary hints in first chapter]

[Decry predicted drama]

[Decry predicted future tropes]

[Announce intention to stop reading series]

[END INSERT]

last edited at Feb 2, 2020 8:16AM

Kikaluna Uploader
Ef2_zi-u4ae1h8g
Noca Scans
joined Nov 20, 2017

[INSERT]

[My personal attitudes towards polyamory]

[Opinion of Canno’s previous work, with reference to AnoKiss poly arc]

[Anecdote of my real-life second-hand experience with polyamory]

[Decry use of tropes/defend use of tropes] {pending}

[Prediction of complex future plot developments based on lemon-squeezing imaginary hints in first chapter]

[Decry predicted drama]

[Decry predicted future tropes]

[Announce intention to stop reading series]

[END INSERT]

You forgot "comparison with Luminous=Blue".

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

What a sad post, Blassy. I'm laughing my ass off here because of it. Do you really hate other people this much?

last edited at Feb 2, 2020 8:38AM

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Technically, it should be "multamory" since the second element starts with a vowel, right?

I saw this in Recently Added Chapters, thought "oh neat a new series" and downloaded it. I didn't really pay attention to other details, I just noticed it was a new name and a first chapter -- and downloaded it without much thinking.

Then I read it. Then I came back on the double to CHECK THE TAGS!

And then... "Whew! No Netorare tag! Just Love triangle and Polyamory tags! Yokatta!"

I wouldn't put much stock in the tags, considering the site's stubborn policy of excessive aversion to including tags that qualify as "spoilers".

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

What a sad post, Blassy. I'm laughing my ass off here because of it. Do you really hate other people this much?

No hate here—just that feeling when you accidentally attach the outline instead of the final draft. :)

(And whiffing on the Luminous=Blue point.)

last edited at Feb 2, 2020 8:57AM

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Having picked up AnoKiss after dropping (pausing) it 10 chapters in like 6 months ago, and having just finished the polyamory chapters... I'm really, really looking forward to this now. Even more so than I was when I first read the chapter.

Thank god someone else enjoyed those chapters. I freaking loved them.

Av
joined May 25, 2015

I want a square love where the people involved love 2 out of the other 3 and the one that isn't directly connected to them is a rival or they hate each other instead hahahaha and it's all about whatever they can choose, change or give up one or the other.

Kinda like two and two?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

AAAAAAAAAAA I LOVE IT. I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT. Also I doubt it's gonna be cheating into polyamory, because it sounds like the tutor has been explicit about being polyamorous - hopefully that means the senpai is okay with it too and it'll progress well, with only our MC's roadblocks acting as a problem, without multiple characters being bad about stuff, but we'll see. I'm just hoping the series continues after everyone gets together instead of ending then, I'd love to see established relationship polyamory oh my god.

Established relationship polyamory is my goddamn unicorn

Welp, it's more a classic yuri problem here, poly or not. The reason why author generally end after the main couple get together is because it was the goal at the start and since the goal was reached, well there is really nothing left to say. Probably just 2/3 chapters tosee howthey doing but i don't think putting your hopes high is good.

So I'm strongly relying on the tags here. This feels like it's going to be heavy drama, but the tags say comedy and not that, so I'm putting my faith in you tags and hoping the next chapters come out soon to prove that faith.

I don't want that to be comedy all allong and have some real drama. Polyamory is not something that is really accepted and having the manga play it like there is no real problem with it will be a huge boon for me. It's a bit like in Yuri where everyone is just accepting two girls going like it's nothing. Yes, Japan start to be more open to LGBT but not everyone is that open minded.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

pg 23, "do you k now" -> "know"

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Well, I'm so in. I just had to forward it to my girlfriend too. Also, beyond the obvious poly appeal of the story, may I point out that Mochizuki is pretty cute? I'm not 100% sure why but I do find her pretty cute.

joined May 7, 2017

New fave, Canno-sensei doesn't lose the touch, that's good!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

cries in French 

We managed to get Octave now, so everything can happen now !! (In 10 years maybe)

At least we have more releases those times lately.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I don't want that to be comedy all allong and have some real drama. Polyamory is not something that is really accepted and having the manga play it like there is no real problem with it will be a huge boon for me. It's a bit like in Yuri where everyone is just accepting two girls going like it's nothing. Yes, Japan start to be more open to LGBT but not everyone is that open minded.

I love comedy yuri, and wish-fulfillment yuri manga where everyone is super gay are great, too. This is Canno, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if this were fun and fluffy without directly addressing larger issues, just like many their other works.

I wouldn't put much stock in the tags, considering the site's stubborn policy of excessive aversion to including tags that qualify as "spoilers".

This series is one chapter in, and it just released a few days ago. The tags are the tags from what we understand of the first chapter and Canno's larger angle to be. Just to be clear, Drama is never a tag that would be avoided. If anything, it's exactly the kind of general-use tag that one would use in place of more specific "spoiler-y" tags.

last edited at Feb 2, 2020 12:04PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I love comedy yuri, and wish-fulfillment yuri manga where everyone is super gay are great, too. This is Canno, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if this were fun and fluffy, just like their other works.

If it's not only fun and fluffy i could take it but if it is then i probably be dissapointed. I don't want the things going smoothly because the subject is not really something you can magically work without problem.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I love comedy yuri, and wish-fulfillment yuri manga where everyone is super gay are great, too. This is Canno, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if this were fun and fluffy, just like their other works.

If it's not only fun and fluffy i could take it but if it is then i probably be dissapointed. I don't want the things going smoothly because the subject is not really something you can magically work without problem.

And... yuri in general is?

joined Mar 1, 2018

Tresome seems like a good option

last edited at Feb 2, 2020 12:32PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Poly is a more touchy subject than Yuri. I want the story to be more than "They all love each other so they going out together" without any drama involved. For one, we didn't know if Mayuki and Akari will be ok with that. Poly also ask for more maintenance than a monogamy couple, as to not have one of the girls getting less attention than an other. The story have potential and i don't want it going to waste.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Oooohh this is interesting!! I'm usually not into polyamory, like, at all, but I'm digging this!!!

joined Dec 28, 2016

I think it's a tongue-in-cheek joke about how the love triangle will be resolved easily - by polyamory. That's my guess at least.

Technically the literal meaning of the Japanese is "Triangle relationship" which equivalently describes a 3-way polyamory relationship.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I try to stay out of the prediction business (especially just one chapter in), but as an author Canno has a proven track record of being pretty adept at mixing comedy and (light-ish) drama.

Most of the conflicts in the AnoKiss story arcs were treated fairly seriously (although not melodramatically), with comic reaction shots and character interplay folded in—i.e., in general the problems weren’t just handwaved away.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Welcome to Whose Language Is It Anyway? Where the words are made up and the roots don't matter! That's right, they're like the "dumb" in "idiom"!

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Practice kissing, huh... it's a trope you don't find often... last time I saw it, it was in YuruYuri when Chinatsu asked Akari to be her practice partner (and refused to take "no" for an answer, lol).

It's way more common in Western stories than in Asian stories. And it's not a recent thing. I remember Casanova wrote in his Memoirs (an 18th-century book) that young unmarried girls would often practice kissing on each other as an introduction to heterosexual romance (taking turns to roleplay the "boy"). In fact, if he's to be believed, they would go even further than kissing, lol. But manga stories where two girls decide to practice kissing as a training game, just to be ready for their future (serious) romances, are exceedingly rare. I wonder why? Must be a question of ingrained cultural traits.

To reply you must either login or sign up.