Forum › There's Weird Voices Coming from the Room Next Door! discussion

Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

I suggested the tag polyamory because in later chapters there is some kind of development between the three (maybe I'm wrong, my Japanese isn't stellar) and they have threesomes and that but maybe it's too soon.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Komi028 posted:

This panel got me.

Me too, and she's like about to take out her guns and attack xD but yeah super nice start! any yuri with a boobs sandwich at the end becomes a masterpiece in my book!

last edited at Jan 20, 2020 9:16AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Just checking the raws and there is actually 33 chapters so it's quite a nice ride we have ahead.

I suggested the tag polyamory because in later chapters there is some kind of development between the three (maybe I'm wrong, my Japanese isn't stellar) and they have threesomes and that but maybe it's too soon.

I mean, it's not farfetch since Nagano said " We could teach you".

last edited at Jan 20, 2020 9:21AM

Screenshot_2020-01-20%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20there's%20weird%20voices%20coming%20from%20the%20room%20next%20door%20ch01
joined Sep 23, 2013

found a new profile pic

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

But anyway like a wise man said :
(https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/896/899/784.png)

I appreciate the fact that Wakfu memes exist. My younger brother especially would be overjoyed if I told him, lol.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

God I wish that were me~

last edited at Jan 20, 2020 9:54AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Hehe, these days, in modern media, you don't find often the stereotype of the lesbian huntress who will attack on sight any cute straight girl who catches her fancy. That's because it's supposed to be politically incorrect or something. Too bad, 'cause it's a damn fun stereotype.

As the first chapter of this new manga just proved conclusively.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Yes, the representation of lesbians as predatory was really common in pop culture for a long period of time and has done a bunch of harmful things. They've moved on from calling lesbians predatory these days mostly to calling trans women predatory.

Edit: to be explicit, I don't find the representation here in the manga harmful in any way, it doesn't hit upon the common points from the problematic representations that made them bad, I'm just referring to why that trope is (fucking thankfully) less common these days.

last edited at Jan 20, 2020 10:21AM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Yes, the representation of lesbians as predatory was really common in pop culture for a long period of time and has done a bunch of harmful things. They've moved on from calling lesbians predatory these days mostly to calling trans women predatory.

The irony of cis lesbians characterizing trans women as predatory would be funny if it weren't infuriating.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

The irony of cis lesbians characterizing trans women as predatory would be funny if it weren't infuriating.

TERFs are made of hypocrisy, it's nothing new

joined Feb 23, 2016

I would like too see how this ends xD

last edited at Jan 20, 2020 11:45AM

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Dont think this can be considered predatory, theyre just ultra-horny. Neither of them does anything beyond flirting/seducing until after she shows some interest/curiosity.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

TERFs are made of hypocrisy, it's nothing new

To quote some great thinkers of tumblr:

What's a TERF? Is it like a THOT?

No. THOTs are respectable members of our society.

joined Jan 13, 2019

(grunkle stan voice) oh, now, this? this is beautiful

Diredead
joined Jul 1, 2019

aaa finally the manga has been translated ;w;

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Hehe, these days, in modern media, you don't find often the stereotype of the lesbian huntress who will attack on sight any cute straight girl who catches her fancy. That's because it's supposed to be politically incorrect or something. Too bad, 'cause it's a damn fun stereotype.

Some people can't tell fantasy from reality. :/
If I want to read about the thrilling adventures of a superlesbian who seduces all the straight girls and turns them into a yuri harem, that's my beeswax, dammit! Lemme enjoy in peace, geez.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Dont think this can be considered predatory, theyre just ultra-horny. Neither of them does anything beyond flirting/seducing until after she shows some interest/curiosity.

I wasn't saying it was predatory, I was saying the "stereotype" of lesbians aggressively coming-onto straight women is based in homophobic propaganda about lesbians as predators - nothing wrong with enjoying direct or aggressive lesbians, and the ones in this story are very much not being presented as predatory, but it is important to understand the roots of that stereotype and the reasons why it's not a necessarily positive one.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Some people can't tell fantasy from reality. :/

We're talking about the dark days when lesbians where always the antagonists, did a bunch of evil things, and in the end were killed. Nowadays we're luckily in more enlightened ages, and they occasionally get to be the good gals, although they'll of course still die in the end.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Glad to see this getting a good reception, it's my first translation! Please let me know if there's more I should be doing (I'm not a very good cleaner unfortunately) cos this is a one-person show.

I'll try and get a chapter up a week - most chapters past this point are less than 10 pages, so it shouldn't be too difficult. I am using this to study though so it might be a bit delayed.

Hey, I've noticed some minor errors in your translation. Would you like me to post or message you some corrections?

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

This was pretty fun, I wish there was more.

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

Lol a girl who doesn't realize she's in the closet

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

For those interested, there also seems to be what I think is a prequel comic revolving around those two carnivores on the artist's pixiv here: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/76995862#manga

Oh hell yes. This is definitely them. I will add this to the list to translate later.

I have a TL if that's quicker: https://pastebin.com/kpwEdYF6

Nihongo Wakarahen
joined Mar 14, 2013

Glad to see this getting a good reception, it's my first translation! Please let me know if there's more I should be doing (I'm not a very good cleaner unfortunately) cos this is a one-person show.

I'll try and get a chapter up a week - most chapters past this point are less than 10 pages, so it shouldn't be too difficult. I am using this to study though so it might be a bit delayed.

Hey, I've noticed some minor errors in your translation. Would you like me to post or message you some corrections?

Sure, is discord ok? As long as you can teach me how to interpret the jpn properly : )

Nihongo Wakarahen
joined Mar 14, 2013

For those interested, there also seems to be what I think is a prequel comic revolving around those two carnivores on the artist's pixiv here: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/76995862#manga

Oh hell yes. This is definitely them. I will add this to the list to translate later.

I have a TL if that's quicker: https://pastebin.com/kpwEdYF6

Oh fantastic. I'll still end up translating it again but probably just for practice.

Got a lot of chapters to go through first though

All praise senpai

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Sure, is discord ok? As long as you can teach me how to interpret the jpn properly : )

Sure. I'll do my best, I'm still learning too.

last edited at Jan 20, 2020 4:41PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.