Forum › Her Kiss - Infectious Lust discussion

joined Feb 23, 2016

I fucking knew it( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

HOT DAMN

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Oh that's sweet (hehehehe). I do wish we got to see more of the others, I really like Micchan.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Two girls slurping on a peach.

I gotta move into the country....

Edit: Plum, not peach.

last edited at Jan 15, 2020 8:22PM

joined Oct 27, 2018

Innuendo

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Well dang, with all of the Philia and Eros chapters going up I was wondering if this would get some new chapters and look at that. It's a good day!

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Okay, that was real hot

Untitled-1
joined Feb 6, 2017

RIP juicy plum, it died for our ship.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

WOOO THAT’S A SPICY BOI

joined May 7, 2017

Yes, Miyuki-sensei, you have become quite the depraved one, I think we learned something more lewd than handholding in this chapter.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Okay, that was real hot

I thought it would end with the first shared bite of the peach... I was pleasantly surprised it kept going, and it was kinda funny too. Almost like an Adam Sandler skit while he was still funny/original.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

I'm lowkey sad her friend still hasn't find someone

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

I'm lowkey sad her friend still hasn't find someone

She has to realize she's gay first

last edited at Jan 14, 2020 12:55AM

joined Nov 7, 2013

lmao, i thought this ch is gonna be wholesome.. that last few pages at the end were a shocker. not complaining tgo

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Yes, Miyuki-sensei, you have become quite the depraved one, I think we learned something more lewd than handholding in this chapter.

Philia and Eros is a bit of an exception, but this mangaka does explore sexual desire in her stories a lot more than your average yuri author (without resorting to outright nsfw material, that is). I like it. Real life people are horny idiots, why should it be different in fiction?

But I personally didn't like this extra as much as the rest of the story, though.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It really struck me when the author says in the afterword: “I love girls who can’t be honest about their feelings,” because it really brings out the difference between how authors think and how a lot of readers think.

On the one hand, readers also do respond positively to characters who can’t be honest about their feelings—that’s the tsundere trope in a nutshell, and those are often very popular characters.

But for the “in denial” characters like Micchan, lots of readers are like, “OMG! She needs to get a clue!,” or they spend a lot of energy shipping Denial-chan with everybody in sight, including the MC, etc.

It’s pretty clear that for authors, such characters are an interesting technical challenge, in a way more compelling to create than a lovey-dovey lead (although here Sana is nicely conflicted herself—swept away by Ayane while struggling to come to terms with all her new feelings).

I guess the readers hoping for a change in characters like Micchan are responding the way the authors want them to, but I can see that keeping the characters in denial would be more fun to write.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

It really struck me when the author says in the afterword: “I love girls who can’t be honest about their feelings,” because it really brings out the difference between how authors think and how a lot of readers think.

On the one hand, readers also do respond positively to characters who can’t be honest about their feelings—that’s the tsundere trope in a nutshell, and those are often very popular characters.

But for the “in denial” characters like Micchan, lots of readers are like, “OMG! She needs to get a clue!,” or they spend a lot of energy shipping Denial-chan with everybody in sight, including the MC, etc.

It’s pretty clear that for authors, such characters are an interesting technical challenge, in a way more compelling to create than a lovey-dovey lead (although here Sana is nicely conflicted herself—swept away by Ayane while struggling to come to terms with all her new feelings).

I guess the readers hoping for a change in characters like Micchan are responding the way the authors want them to, but I can see that keeping the characters in denial would be more fun to write.

I think it's just an issue of how long a character can believably stay in denial. Not to say that people don't stay closeted for huge chunks of their lives, but it feels like set up without payoff if they don't come out eventually. At this point, I'd believe Micchan's figured her shit out and is just sad because she got rejected before she realize.

I think most readers here have experienced unrequited love at some point and the sympathy pushes them to want the spurned character to have a proper shot at happiness. Also, in my experience, the third wheel always ends up being more my type lol

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I think it's just an issue of how long a character can believably stay in denial. Not to say that people don't stay closeted for huge chunks of their lives, but it feels like set up without payoff if they don't come out eventually. At this point, I'd believe Micchan's figured her shit out and is just sad because she got rejected before she realize.

I think most readers here have experienced unrequited love at some point and the sympathy pushes them to want the spurned character to have a proper shot at happiness. Also, in my experience, the third wheel always ends up being more my type lol

You could well be right. But (again speculating from a hypothetical authorial POV) those characters might function not so much as elements in the plot as contrasting foils for the main character.

In other words, the author gets to write the same character two different ways. That scene where Ayane faux-“seduces” Micchan invites us to see Sana and Micchan as a pair—Micchan determined to stay in the closet (literally—lol) and Sana forced out of it by Ayane.

last edited at Jan 14, 2020 1:48PM

Lis%20pricefield%205
joined Jun 13, 2019

Real life people are horny idiots, why should it be different in fiction?

well said hahaahahaha
can't believe it's been 3 years, time does fly.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

pg 144, "they are the forbidden fruit" -> "they ate the forbidden fruit"

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

pg 144, "they are the forbidden fruit" -> "they ate the forbidden fruit"

Oops, thanks

joined Jan 14, 2020

Ayane's interactions with Micchan strike me as angling for a triad. Ayane-Sana-Micchan, and maybe Ayane-Micchan as well.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Philia and Eros is a bit of an exception, but this mangaka does explore sexual desire in her stories a lot more than your average yuri author (without resorting to outright nsfw material, that is). I like it. Real life people are horny idiots, why should it be different in fiction?

But I personally didn't like this extra as much as the rest of the story, though.

Idk I'm just glad I got to see the two of then again. The extra didn't really add anything, but I still liked it nonetheless.

Also TIL to squish fruit between my face and someone else's and then lick to juices off of them to establish top-ness (Ayane's totally a top don't even try to argue with that)

last edited at Jan 14, 2020 8:03PM

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

oh my yes it's back

Alcoholism
joined Apr 15, 2017

That was sweet~

To reply you must either login or sign up.