Forum › Her Kiss - Infectious Lust discussion

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I hope not, because that would sad for Sacchan, who's a little cutie pie (although Micchan would no doubt feel vindicated).

That is the problem endemic to the "woman of mystery" trope, though--the answers when revealed tend to shade toward either "weird, implausible, and melodramatic" or "no big deal, so why did we even bother?"

Or she can just keep pulling things along the lines of "I never use chewing gum" or "What is this thing you call 'television'?" randomly out of her ass.

Agreed. Especially when a mystery is dragged out this long, it becomes more and more untenable.

Being real now, time-traveling cyborg is slightly unlikely. She's probably got a terminal case of heartbreak or dead girlfriend-itis or something. And presumably her parents don't give a shit either, or they'd have noticed she stopped going to school.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I think you all are missing the point. Ayane's strange behavior and attitude has nothing to do with her status as "mysterious" character. She just doesn't know how to deal with people. And the reason for that is simply because she lives on her own.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/her_kiss_infectious_lust_ch06#19

We don't know the details. For all we know her parents are dead. What we do know is that she lives alone and is not a recent thing. She probably has been on her own for years, so it's natural she doesn't know how to properly interact with others. Rather than being a mysterious character, she's more like a huge dork who doesn't know how to deal with others. She tries to look cool for Sana but fails miserably at it, and then she sulks like an immature little girl, because that's exactly what she really is.

Heck, even her "seductive" behavior with Micchan was probably just a massively awkward way to make friends with her rather than any actual seduction. She just doesn't know how to properly make friends. She doesn't have any after all.

This is why I like Ayane's character. This isn't just about her and Sana being a cute couple (and they are cute, don't get me wrong). This is also about Ayane learning how to interact with others. And in the latest chapters she's starting to become a little more social than she was at the beginning.

last edited at Jan 21, 2020 5:42PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I think you all are missing the point. Ayane's strange behavior and attitude has nothing to do with her status as "mysterious" character. She just doesn't know how to deal with people. And the reason for that is simply because she lives on her own.

I have no idea what you’re talking about here; nothing you have said changes anything. It’s simply the case that there are things about her past that we specifically haven’t been told about and there are aspects of her present behavior that haven’t been explained. And she’s very careful not to reveal things to others—hence “mysterious.”

The discussion has nothing to to do with “liking” her character or not—it’s about what the author has chosen to reveal, and to not reveal, about her background and motivations. Simply moving “inside” the story to talk about her as if she were a real person doesn’t affect what the author is and, is not, doing with the characterization.

last edited at Jan 21, 2020 6:09PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

it’s about what the author has chosen to reveal, and to not reveal, about her background and motivations.

The author revealed enough to make her behavior understandable. She lives alone and barely goes to school. It means she's had very little contact with other human beings. That's all you need to know to understand why her actions don't seem to make a lot of sense sometimes. Of course they wouldn't make sense; she's got no clue how to interact with others.

Simply moving “inside” the story to talk about her as if she were a real person doesn’t affect what the author is and, is not, doing with the characterization.

I'm specifically talking about her characterization.

last edited at Jan 21, 2020 6:31PM

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/her_kiss_infectious_lust_ch06#19

We don't know the details. For all we know her parents are dead. What we do know is that she lives alone and is not a recent thing. She probably has been on her own for years, so it's natural she doesn't know how to properly interact with others. Rather than being a mysterious character, she's more like a huge dork who doesn't know how to deal with others. She tries to look cool for Sana but fails miserably at it, and then she sulks like an immature little girl, because that's exactly what she really is.

Heck, even her "seductive" behavior with Micchan was probably just a massively awkward way to make friends with her rather than any actual seduction. She just doesn't know how to properly make friends. She doesn't have any after all.

This is why I like Ayane's character. This isn't just about her and Sana being a cute couple (and they are cute, don't get me wrong). This is also about Ayane learning how to interact with others. And in the latest chapters she's starting to become a little more social than she was at the beginning.

Your interpretation, that she's been alone for years and simply doesn't know how to interact with others, is just a guess. There's not really enough information available for us to come to that conclusion. I agree with you that she probably lives on her own, but we don't know that for certain, or when that started. With Suu-chan in the picture, it's clear that Ayane has some friends or acquaintances, even if she keeps them at a distance, so it's not like she's been in isolation her whole life.

From the beginning, the author has been revealing only hints of Ayane's life. She was in the hospital, but she never told Sana why. We have no idea what her family situation is like, except that her parents don't do things that we'd normally expect parents to do. She apparently doesn't go to school, but we learned that through sheer coincidence. She hasn't even given Sana her phone number or told her where she lives, and they've been dating for months now (at least half a year, judging by the changing seasons). Sana has no way to contact her, and that's been an issue in the story several times now. That's inherently suspicious, and doesn't really make a lot of sense if you think about it. In all this time they've never once discussed Ayane's personal life?

Basically, it feels like the author, either carelessly or deliberately, has created a state of affairs where Sana has an unbelievably low amount of information about someone she's known intimately for half a year, all for the sake of keeping us in the dark about Ayane's personal life.

last edited at Jan 22, 2020 8:53AM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Your interpretation, that she's been alone for years and simply doesn't know how to interact with others, is just a guess. There's not really enough information available for us to come to that conclusion. I agree with you that she probably lives on her own, but we don't know that for certain, or when that started.

It's not an interpretation. Suu literally says she's on her own, and also that she doesn't go to school very often. Family and school are the two main sources of interpersonal interaction for a teenager, so it's pretty much a given she doesn't deal with others very often. That's a logical conclusion from what we know about her, not an interpretation.

With Suu-chan in the picture, it's clear that Ayane has some friends or acquaintances, even if she keeps them at a distance, so it's not like she's been in isolation her whole life.

Suu knows her from her dad who is Ayane's doctor. It's literally said Ayane doesn't consider her a friend. Ayane also doesn't have a cell phone, which is another indication that doesn't have any friends.

Basically, it feels like the author, either carelessly or deliberately, has created a state of affairs where Sana has an unbelievably low amount of information about someone she's known intimately for half a year, all for the sake of keeping us in the dark about Ayane's personal life.

Seems logical enough to me though. Ayane is understandably reserved when it comes to her personal life because she doesn't deal with others often. But as she opens up to Sana, she starts to reveal more things about herself. Like when she invited Sana to her house which should be covered soon.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

It's not an interpretation. Suu literally says she's on her own, and also that she doesn't go to school very often. Family and school are the two main sources of interpersonal interaction for a teenager, so it's pretty much a given she doesn't deal with others very often. That's a logical conclusion from what we know about her, not an interpretation.

You're still making a lot of assumptions based off very little information. She stopped going to school at some point, but she might have had a perfectly normal school life until recently. Her parents aren't around, but that also might be a recent development.

And your conclusion goes against other evidence. Ayane is dismissive of Suu, but Suu clearly thinks of her as a friend. Suu even knew to call Sana to let her know Ayane was in the hospital, which means that Ayane talks to her and tells her about her life. Plus, there's the fact that Ayane has had a girlfriend before. Ayane isn't some socially inept isolated shut-in.

Maybe you're right, and what's going on with Ayane is that she's not used to being around people, but for all we know she had a lot of friends in school and a normal family life and things only changed recently.

last edited at Jan 22, 2020 1:25PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

You're still making a lot of assumptions based off very little information. She stopped going to school at some point, but she might have had a perfectly normal school life until recently. Her parents aren't around, but that also might be a recent development.

Why would the author reveal that her family and school situation isn't normal if it wasn't meant to inform her behavior? This isn't rocket science. It's standard storytelling. And it should be enough for anyone to put the pieces together and figure out what's her deal. That been said, we'll probably get that explicit explanation you want at some point, but that explanation would come out of nowhere without buildup. The pieces we're getting now is that buildup. Again, standard storytelling.

And your conclusion goes against other evidence. Ayane is dismissive of Suu, but Suu clearly thinks of her as a friend.

Suu knows her from dad who is Ayane's doctor. Clearly Suu wants to be Ayane's friend, specially since she knows Ayane is all alone and all that. But what matters here is that Ayane doesn't think of her as a friend, which along with her lack of cell phone, suggests she is far from being a socially-adept kind of person, which is informed by her complicated family situation and poor health.

Maybe you're right.

I'm pretty sure I'm right. I mean, I know it's not confirmed yet but all the clues are pointing in that direction. We'll get the confirmation soon enough.

last edited at Jan 22, 2020 2:04PM

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I'm pretty sure I'm right. I mean, I know it's not confirmed yet but all the clues are pointing in that direction. We'll get the confirmation soon enough.

I guess we'll see. I agree with to the extent that I think Ayane's awkwardness is part of what's going on, but all the signs seem to me to point to some deeper issue she has that's going to be part of a major reveal sooner or later.

last edited at Jan 22, 2020 2:57PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I guess we'll see. I agree with to the extent that I think Ayane's awkwardness is part of what's going on, but all the signs seem to me to point to some deeper issue she has that's going to be part of a major reveal sooner or later.

New chapter up elsewhere: apparently, as predicted by schuyguy, terminal case of heartbreak, no particular sign of extreme social isolation, except perhaps voluntarily.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

New chapter up elsewhere: apparently, as predicted by schuyguy, terminal case of heartbreak, no particular sign of extreme social isolation, except perhaps voluntarily.

I think there's another shoe waiting to drop at some point. What's the deal with her parents? What's the full deal with her ex? She got cut off before explaining why they broke up. But Ayane certainly is a little bit isolated and awkward. It's unclear if she's always been like that or if it's her way of dealing with recent events.

last edited at Jan 22, 2020 3:52PM

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Also, I don't think I'd call my predictions confirmed, since the situation is largely unchanged from the previous chapter. Though slightly less mysterious than before, Ayane's past and her family situation are still largely unknown. It really only confirmed that she doesn't live with her parents and she used to have a girlfriend.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Bringing uninvited friends along to someone's house... kinda shitty to do. I'm glad it went okay, but like, idk why we're complaining about Ayane of all people here, this chapter she was perfectly fine and told Sana anything she thought she might want to know.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

^
ah but y'know, jealousy etc... the annoying stuff

joined Jul 1, 2019

omg how am i supposed to wait for the next chapter; like the delicious scene where they get embarassed cuz someone gets outta the bathroom with only a towel on,, aaaah

joined Nov 7, 2013

aaaaah, thank you

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

So her ex was 2 years older. My guess is they broke up when her ex graduated, bet the ex pulled the traditional Class S yuri trope of "well can't be gay anymore time to find a man instead" bs...

joined Jul 12, 2018

So her ex was 2 years older. My guess is they broke up when her ex graduated, bet the ex pulled the traditional Class S yuri trope of "well can't be gay anymore time to find a man instead" bs...

if i had money i would have bet 1000 dollars that you're right. there almost 100 % chance that's what happened.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

I'm simultaneously all 3 friends at the end of that chapter!! Glad that the author loves this story so much to keep it going, despite it not being serialized (?)

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

Ch 10 ending! Aw, just when it was getting good ;-;

never wheat shredded eat
joined Aug 21, 2019

who puts sugar in the fridge?

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I know this was an important chapter, with some powerful emotions. However I can't get past the question; Why was the sugar in the refrigerator?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I know this was an important chapter, with some powerful emotions. However I can't get past the question; Why was the sugar in the refrigerator?

To keep the ants out of it.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

To keep the ants out of it.

Huh. That makes sense, I guess. I've never heard of it before though.

last edited at Jan 23, 2020 3:57AM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

That or the classic "We were just fooling around!! Who i really love is rando-kun who i was also dating when i was dating you!!"

To reply you must either login or sign up.