Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

Thank you!

I saved these for Christmas Eve and read them after Declaration of Christmas Peace (a local tradition). Made my good day notably better.

And that last page about sakura... <3

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Isn't this the first time we see how Hino and Nagafuki look?? https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/adachi_and_shimamura_novel_ch05_3#84

joined Jan 25, 2017

Isn't this the first time we see how Hino and Nagafuki look?? https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/adachi_and_shimamura_novel_ch05_3#84

Outside of the manga, I think so.

joined Dec 13, 2018

What's QC?

Also Adachi, what are you even doing

QC = quality control. QC people kind of fine tune or check for things like missing punctuation, misspellings, and grammar/syntax errors before release. I am one of two QC people on this project (both this, the light novel, and the manga release(s)), the other being Gilgamesh--who I don't think comes to these forums but I dunno, I've only ever briefly interacted with him by chance on reddit--and of course the translator who does all the hard work is sneikimmies. I got asked to help more permanently when I made a kinda jerk-y post about all the errors in an early chapter release, lol, you can still see it on like the first or second page of this thread...

Since being a QC person means I get to see the new chapters a few days before everyone else does when they're released, I like to tease sometimes. :) I don't get out much so I take my fun where I can get it. lol

Also, Adachi is just being an adorable lesbian dork that is trying her best to stop being passive with someone who clearly will never pick up on anything subtle. But hopefully she doesn't do anything that triggers my secondhand embarrassment issues, she already treads painfully close to doing so. lol

Thanks for informing me, yo.

Also, Adachi is already triggering my secondhand embarrassment hard. She's taking the initiative in just the most awkward way. Points for, uh, effort and bravery in the face of vast inexperience, I guess.

I'm still murmuring under my breath "...Adachi...please..."

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Looking pretty good (anime PV)

https://youtu.be/uWz9iPUUMF0

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

I NEED IT RIGHT NOW, I NEED IT MORE THAN ANY ESSENTIAL RESOURCES FOR SURVIVING.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

MRW I realize how long it's taken me to realize that Adachi's seiyuu is the same as Nezuko's:

//annoyed lolidemon noises

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

MRW I realize how long it's taken me to realize that Adachi's seiyuu is the same as Nezuko's:

Which btw is also Momo from Machikado and Aru from HIttoribocchi for that matter. Iwill had really prefer she sound more like Aru than Momo because Momo might be too deep for Adachi.

joined Jan 25, 2017

I like how messy everyone's hair is in the PV.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

MRW I realize how long it's taken me to realize that Adachi's seiyuu is the same as Nezuko's

lol the oposite happened to me, I was already finished with kny for a while when I re-checked some of it's VA and then who her VA was ^^;

personally I like the "Momo-like" tone for Adachi, I feel like that fits her more, actually I was hoping they would go for a tone similar to this one rather than a higher pitch one.

Also Adachi's VA also did Noa in Wataten which I really enjoyed, overall she is probably one of my current favorite VA.

last edited at Dec 27, 2019 8:46PM

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

The PV is amazing and cute and and just wow I am too hyped up for this anime lol

Letys%20try%20this%20again
joined Mar 26, 2017

The PV is amazing and cute and and just wow I am too hyped up for this anime lol

Same. Part of me is still worried about how they're gonna adapt this, since LN adaptations tend to be hit or miss. The other part of me can't stop grinning like an idiot.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I saw a minor spoiler of Vol.8 and just want to know if it's true or not It's said that they're still dating and living together 10 years after the main story. Again it's supossely a spoiler for Vol.8 of the LN so if you havent read it, don't check the spoiler.

joined Oct 9, 2019

It looks amazing

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

I saw a minor spoiler of Vol.8 and just want to know if it's true or not It's said that they're still dating and living together 10 years after the main story. Again it's supossely a spoiler for Vol.8 of the LN so if you havent read it, don't check the spoiler.

I haven't read the LN beyond what sneikkimies has translated but I still read the spoiler cause I have little self control, but
would that count as minor? and if it's true, is that some kind of "flashfoward" to their future lives and then goes back to the present? or it really makes a time skip? and if so, would the story continue in their adult lives or vol.8 is the last one? assuming it's true ofc

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

From what I read, the 10 year timeskip is only on the first chapter of Volume 8, then they reminisce about their first trip back in High School. Chapter 2 to last chapter still focused on their high school trip. The first chapter is just a flashforward.

last edited at Dec 29, 2019 9:13PM

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

When all you see is black lines and you‘re getting anxious.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Thanks for the answear Erika___!
it's rather interesting that such a chapter is there at all, wonder if that means the entire thing is a look back to their high school live from the point of their adult lives, I wonder if a flashfoward chapter will be part of each ofollowing volume or it was just a one time thing?

sorry for more black lines Tsunnami ^^;;

On another note, hopefully I'll get time to read the latest translated chapters on the first >>

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Vol 8 starts (as chapter 1) 10 years later, they both living together, have work and traveled together as well. But, the main story is focus in school trip and mainly narrated in Shimamura’s pov.

Anyway, I really preferred Akari’s voice as Momo like for Adachi, it’s more fit to her, and I find it really okay as I heard her in PV. I just can’t wait.

last edited at Jan 3, 2020 9:42PM

joined Jul 23, 2019

Niiice. Me likes.

joined Aug 19, 2019

Yaaay vol. 4 cover is updated!
Adachi and Tarumi saw each other two times in this volume.

Volume 5 is my favorite. I'm both excited and nervous about it.
I hope no one reads the spoilers here especially about volume 8. It's filled with inaccuracies and missing information.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It's filled with inaccuracies and missing information.

About what ? Missing information is normal since the goal wasn't to spoil all Vol.8

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I'm feeling nervous because Shimamura's birthday is April 10th and it's stated that they're two weeks into the semester, which started in the beginning of April. I wonder if it'll get skipped or it'll be another event flag, because personally I definitely want to see Adachi make a big deal about it and try to do something special for her

I can't remember if it was mentioned in volume 4. But I know that there's a short story about it on Iruma-sensei's blog

It'd be great if that could be translated too!

Good news is that since Adachi is clearly finally trying to be more assertive--what is it with her and fortune tellers/shaman being her impetus??--it's inevitable that she's going to get her meaning AND her feelings across to Shimamura, probably sooner rather than later at this point. I am looking forward to that time, so I can sit over here and giggle to myself a few days earlier than the rest of you. ~_^

Lol I thought the same about the fortune telling, but then realised that Adachi has literally no one else to talk to, so receiving outside input is super rare for her. She literally had to pay someone to get solid advice and realise she needs to keep moving forward and actually ask for what she wants to have a chance to get it. It's kinda goofy, but I'm thankful for those random moments of clarity she gets from them, when she feels lost and doesn't know what to do

last edited at Jan 7, 2020 4:55PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Rather than dense, I think Shimamura's actually really perceptive. She picks up on a lot of stuff and understand most of the fine details of social interactions, but what actually might be the issue is whenever the behaviour Shimamura picks up are directed towards her. I think Shimamura is her own blind spot.

In general, she doesn't particularly perceive others nor herself as special, and just goes with the flow of these relationships being naturally created because the time and space allowed them to, and then the same relationships naturally fading away when people separate when they're no longer convenient.
Adachi and Taru don't fall into these categories of a natural flow, however.
She kinda gets that Taru and Adachi are gravitating towards her for some reason, but she doesn't know and wouldn't understand those reasons. I feel like she has a hard time pinpointing what her gut feelings and her intuition are telling her exactly because she doesn't relate to them, and finds those actions/desires strange. At best, she dissects the behaviour she observes and leaves them at that, without attributing a meaning to them if it's beyond her understanding of it.

The closest she can relate most of Adachi's actions to is her sister, and after meeting Adachi's mother, she's come to the conclusion that Adachi lacks affection and wants to be treated like a younger sister because she comes from an emotionally distant/broken home. Ever since she's settled on this explanation, I think it's further hindered her understanding of Adachi's actions, because she attributes most of her suspicious behaviour to this reason and generally falls back on it.
Other than that, when it escapes her understanding and she can't use any other experiences to explain it, in a very Shimamura-like fashion, she just accepts that Adachi/Taru are doing this and that, and just lets those things happen. Because even without understanding the specificities, it doesn't particularly bother her anyway, so there's no point in going against the flow.
"Well, whatever."

To reply you must either login or sign up.