Forum › The End Of The World And A Witch's Love discussion

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Witches are going to engage in some physical damage spells, like Magic Fist?

J_Alfred_Prufrock
joined Jul 22, 2018

somehow this manga makes me feel so unfulfilled :/

Cb182e17-7bdc-4652-835e-c4a70727bb93
joined Dec 25, 2019

Is this story about one-sided love?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Can believe they've been banned to the shadow realm.

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

CLIFFHANGER SAAAAAAAN XD xD

joined Jan 3, 2020

So, it sounds like the hearts of witches are destroyed or dead in some way, and Mari's AoE Revive spell from Chapter 2 accidentally revived Alice's heart, allowing her to fall in love (and then she fell in love with Mari).

Mari is obviously some weird special case. She doesn't seem to have a ridiculously traumatic past (unlike the other witches), so she had no special hatred of humanity and displays a much broader range of emotions. The demon calls her "tainted one", which could also imply something is different with Mari.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

So, it sounds like the hearts of witches are destroyed or dead in some way, and Mari's AoE Revive spell from Chapter 2 accidentally revived Alice's heart, allowing her to fall in love (and then she fell in love with Mari).

Mari is obviously some weird special case. She doesn't seem to have a ridiculously traumatic past (unlike the other witches), so she had no special hatred of humanity and displays a much broader range of emotions. The demon calls her "tainted one", which could also imply something is different with Mari.

That's a good point. Witches having dead hearts would explain why all the side girls are such dickheads.

joined Jan 3, 2020

It's amusing because that one side girl who is obsessed with Alice would probably be in love with her if it was possible (I guess she just has emotions close to love like admiration, obsession, and maybe envy). If Mari cast that spell again near side girl, I bet side girl would lose her powers almost immediately because she'd be in love with Alice.

joined Jan 11, 2018

Can believe they've been banned to the shadow realm.

They should have played the Celtic Guardian.

Itwouldbe-yuriscans
joined Oct 30, 2018

That's a good point. Witches having dead hearts would explain why all the side girls are such dickheads.

From this point forward, any villain in this story can be traced back to this single explanation: Dead hearts = dickhead

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

So that happened I guess. The whole "love negates magic" still seems pretty dumb.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I want those 3 girls fucking dead :D or turned into frogs hahaha there's no apology or forgiveness for this... I mean, she's a witch and they work with demons and spirit but COME ON! she offered souls ....SOULS!!! not only she was sending mc to the shadow realm, she was willing to offer other people's for that! omg... I'm so glad Mari didn't fall there alone at least, right now I'm looking forward to find out about the punishment more than knowing the fate of our main girls.

Oh she really lost her magic for a second there...And that aligns with Simca's theory.
The tiny broom was cute!

last edited at Jan 3, 2020 7:46PM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

So, it sounds like the hearts of witches are destroyed or dead in some way, and Mari's AoE Revive spell from Chapter 2 accidentally revived Alice's heart

That's poetic, I guess, but it makes zero sense for biology. On the other hand, we're assuming magic exists, so screw biology, right?

So that happened I guess. The whole "love negates magic" still seems pretty dumb.

It's folklore. You'll find several stories where falling in love makes a witch lose her powers.

last edited at Jan 3, 2020 8:05PM

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

So, it sounds like the hearts of witches are destroyed or dead in some way, and Mari's AoE Revive spell from Chapter 2 accidentally revived Alice's heart

That's poetic, I guess, but it makes zero sense for biology. On the other hand, we're assuming magic exists, so screw biology, right?

Alice's theory is that she started feeling like this after Mari "healed her heart," so I think this is definitely a "screw biology" situation.

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

It's in some way a stylistic device to tame chaotic women I guess, at least I never heard that this love rule counts for male witches as well. I know it mostly from older witch movies where becoming the housewife is the end goal - and leaving magic behind some kind of growing-up process.

Hm...the context here is different, but I still don't like it. Thought- or Feelcrimes are dumb.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

It's in some way a stylistic device to tame chaotic women I guess, at least I never heard that this love rule counts for male witches as well. I know it mostly from older witch movies where becoming the housewife is the end goal - and leaving magic behind some kind of growing-up process.

Hm...the context here is different, but I still don't like it. Thought- or Feelcrimes are dumb.

I interpreted it as a spiteful dig at knowledgeable/authoritative/independent women ie the kind of women that are usually portrayed as witches.

uzumakixhinata
joined Nov 7, 2013

maybe mari is a hafu. glad both of them are going wherever that somewhere is

Img_20190107_054630
joined Jan 26, 2019

Isn't sacrificing soul to banish your classmates to the netherworld a bit too much for high school bulies ?

Being evil (at this point, it's outright, stupidly evil) doesn't prevent you from having a brain, does they really think their action will have no consequences ?

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Literally restoring a heart gone, that's definitely new.

I guess the school setting is over, the protags are going somewhere else.

joined Nov 13, 2019

WOW

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

oh damn! this just got super interesting

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Isn't sacrificing soul to banish your classmates to the netherworld a bit too much for high school bulies ?

Maybe they're talking about animal souls (or human souls, since they hate humans). But then they got scared because they feared the demon might ask for their own souls instead.

Besides, people can sometimes go to extremes if they think they're justified in their actions. They think she's a human pretending to be a witch. Their hatred of humans might be enough to warrant banishing her to the underworld.

last edited at Jan 3, 2020 9:47PM

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Being evil (at this point, it's outright, stupidly evil) doesn't prevent you from having a brain, does they really think their action will have no consequences ?

The comically evil side girls definitely feel a bit incongruent with the relatively down to earth main pair, which is part of why I like that there's an explanation behind it. It's easier to swallow their shitty behaviour knowing that they are bound by magic to be heartless dickheads.

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

My hypothesis is this cliffhanger is where the "end of the world" bit comes in, teleported not just a distance away but a time away, aka the future, where this demon has destroyed/enslaved the world.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Karretch posted:

My hypothesis is this cliffhanger is where the "end of the world" bit comes in, teleported not just a distance away but a time away, aka the future, where this demon has destroyed/enslaved the world.

I wouldn't mind being that demon's slave, just sayin'

To reply you must either login or sign up.