Forum › New Game discussion

Screen%20shot%202020-03-21%20at%203.08.23%20pm
joined Apr 25, 2019

For example, I couldn't tell you off hand who directed any of the pokemon games, but I know Ken Sugimori did most of the designs. I couldn't name any of the Persona game directors, but I know the artwork was by Soejima.

Then what is your reaction if Sugimori is not art director in a new game the same team is making? You may/may not buy the game but you would be disappointed if you heard the news.

Besides, they weren't even trying to sell it on Yagami's name alone. They were trying to sell it as being from the same team that made Fairies, emphasizing both Hazuki AND Yagami's names.
And if Yagami refused, they were still gonna sell it on Hazuki's name, just paired with some different famous illustrator from outside the company.

And that's the point I'm talking about in the first place. If Eagle Jump couldn't sell games on the studio name alone, how on the earth they are going to sell the new godforsaken game they are making. Newbie director who has no experience of directing before, New art director, Not well-known character designer... Sure they could sell it on the name of PECO's team but then people would be asking 'Where is Hazuki and Aoba?' If they need BIG names to sell their games, then this game likely gonna be market-flop.

last edited at Nov 15, 2019 3:41AM

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

There's a difference between marketing a name and needing a name.

joined May 24, 2014

They're playing with BALLS!

Dinogears? Reminds me of a crappy NES game

Screen%20shot%202020-03-21%20at%203.08.23%20pm
joined Apr 25, 2019

I can see my little prediction is getting right more and more.

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

I affair this will be one of those situation when you release any game that close to Cyberpunk 2077's release date.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Does we need Kou at this point ? I mean, it seem that everyone is better than her in no time. Mind you that even Aoba had take some time to learn the 3D and that's considering she had study it at school and Hotaru had (to my knowledge) no prior experience in that domain neither she have make studies in it but after reading ONE book and a bit of practise on ... canvas apparently, she is better than the other girls of the team. That's said maybe i understand it wrong but if i understand it right, that's some bullshit for Kou who always get outdone by a rookie nearly instantly. Honestly Kou will be better at living with Rin in Japan and idk, draw doujin maybe.

last edited at Dec 19, 2019 7:07AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Honestly Kou will be better at leaving with Rin in Japan and idk, draw doujin maybe.

living*

joined May 23, 2015

Don't worry, once this story arc is over, the series mostly goes back to normal.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

moguTL posted:

Don't worry, once this story arc is over, the series mostly goes back to normal.

Mangaka be like "Keep you waiting, huh?"
Well I saw the raws of vol 9 and I'm really excited to see that

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Does we need Kou at this point ? I mean, it seem that everyone is better than her in no time. Mind you that even Aoba had take some time to learn the 3D and that's considering she had study it at school and Hotaru had (to my knowledge) no prior experience in that domain neither she have make studies in it but after reading ONE book and a bit of practise on ... canvas apparently, she is better than the other girls of the team. That's said maybe i understand it wrong but if i understand it right, that's some bullshit for Kou who always get outdone by a rookie nearly instantly. Honestly Kou will be better at living with Rin in Japan and idk, draw doujin maybe.

This is an ancient trope: the grizzled master who tutors the youngsters with an amazing degree of raw native (or latent) ability.

IMO, this doesn’t detract from Kou’s character at all. I’d bet a small sum that at some point she’ll be there when a canny veteran is needed to save the day.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm reminded of a phrase from My hero Academia.... When Bakugou was mad because the protagonist was getting stronger each day, Allmight said to him "A level one will grown faster than a lvl 50"

I don't think she's better than the other girls in the company, but she's incredible ... Anyway, if you become an artist, at some point you'll understand, you'll never be as good as X artist no matter how hard you try, but you'll become a better version of YOU if you keep going (or you might waste your time trying to copy someone's else for the rest of your life and become a lesser shadow). When you're a pro, sometimes is a matter of taste, you can't really measure ability and I don't think Hotaru will be a perfect fit for all areas.

last edited at Dec 19, 2019 11:02AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

"A level one will grown faster than a lvl 50"

Problem is that Hotaru is like when you trade a pokemon, she grow faster than the other. The fact that the others employees are astonished that Hotaru manage to be as good in no time prove that Hotaru don't grow as the same path

I don't think she's better than the other girls in the company,

Given how good she become in less than a week, it won't take long before she become better.

IMO, this doesn’t detract from Kou’s character at all. I’d bet a small sum that at some point she’ll be there when a canny veteran is needed to save the day.

Yeah but when ? It's not like Eagle Jump gonna beg Kou to comeback if the Dodgeball game fail. It's just a side project so it won't impact that much.

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

"A level one will grown faster than a lvl 50"

Problem is that Hotaru is like when you trade a pokemon, she grow faster than the other. The fact that the others employees are astonished that Hotaru manage to be as good in no time prove that Hotaru don't grow as the same path

I don't think she's better than the other girls in the company,

Given how good she become in less than a week, it won't take long before she become better.

This is one of the benefits of studying in another country/environment since you already have skills you know and are filling up the gaps (especially in Hotaru's case, her skillset is already very strong and she's filling up her gaps from the other side of the world, lots of new things to learn). This is one of the reasons people want to study abroad, given that the environment is suitable for learning, they'll be able to bring their skills and mish-mash them into a lot of new ways.

Yeah but when ? It's not like Eagle Jump gonna beg Kou to comeback if the Dodgeball game fail. It's just a side project so it won't impact that much.

This one I'm not sure, I'll just buckle my seatbelt for when the time comes :D

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

especially in Hotaru's case, her skillset is already very strong

That's my problem here. Hotaru is like an Isekai MC, she perform better after less than a week of learning then people who probably work here for more 2/3 years and have make studies in this domain.

This one I'm not sure, I'll just buckle my seatbelt for when the time comes :D

Kou is suppossing to improving herself with that job, i don't see her coming back after less than a year just because Eagle fail a side project (fail that mostly due how it was handle tbh).

joined May 23, 2015

I mean, you probably won't be happy with what ends up happening, but at the same time, it's kind of fascinating to watch happen in the same way a train wreck is.

(Not actually any spoilers, but marking it just in case.)

As I said before, though, after that the story goes back to being more like how it used to be.

Unless you like Momiji, in which case you might just be fucked.

(That's a bit closer to some sort of actual spoiler, so beware)

last edited at Dec 21, 2019 10:08AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Unless you like Momiji, in which case you might just be fucked.

Dodgeball game is a fail, she think it's her fault and she resign ?

joined May 23, 2015

I figured that would be the immediate assumption, but not quite. Not gonna go into any actual details, but

It actually starts more with her characterization getting fucked. And then the story fucks her.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

TFW I actually like Momiji... But the story seems to be structured in a way to make people hate her like that time she made "those" desings
Glad things will go back to "normal" soon

last edited at Dec 21, 2019 11:35AM

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Yes, make them all girls, you've been given some good advice Hajime.

joined Jun 30, 2016

This girl is starting to piss me off, she have being so indecisive this whole arc! all this freaking trouble better be worthy, stupid tits!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Glasses girl from the scenario team is probably based on Kirara editors

joined May 24, 2014

Yes! Next episode is all fanservice!

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Is it wrong of me? I thought this had a Shirobako feeling, but it seems like the MC/VPC has become lost in the shuffle, losing out to Momo and somewhat to her art-school-educated friend. They set her up as Ko's successor and an up-and-comer, and then it switched gears. I miss Aoba like that.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Sooo bath scene coming next chapter? XD

joined May 23, 2015

Eh, wait until this arc is over. Things improve a bit after that, storywise.

So far, at least.

To reply you must either login or sign up.