Forum › Haru and Midori discussion

Yukari%20sweet%20-%20copy
joined Nov 24, 2016

I feel like I just jogged in place for a whole chapter

joined Feb 23, 2016

Secrets unrevealed

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

So their friendship may not have been so special? Is that what this chapter's implying? Even so, can't wait to get some Tsugumi backstory

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

So their friendship may not have been so special? Is that what this chapter's implying? Even so, can't wait to get some Tsugumi backstory

I doubt that. It seems like it was kind of secret or rather unnoticeable bestfriend(or more who knows) kind of relationship, especially with how timid Midori is. Nobody knows Tsugumi's leaving, hence, she might have only told it to Midori that's why she had a dream or memory of Tsugumi leaving her. And also, Haru knows Midori(even before she introduced herself) which implies that she tells fond stories of them together.

last edited at Dec 14, 2019 2:02AM

joined Sep 6, 2018

Spinning my wheels and going nowhere with this chapter.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I doubt that. It seems like it was kind of secret or rather unnoticeable bestfriend(or more who knows) kind of relationship, especially with how timid Midori is.

Midori herself has said multiple times her relationship with Tsugumi was rather one-sided. She knew that she wasn't special to Tsugumi. So what the nurse is saying actually makes sense. If anything, I'm not sure where Haru got the idea Midori and her mother were close. No one ever said they were.

last edited at Dec 14, 2019 3:38AM

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

^Alternatively, Midori was still in Tsugumi's address book at the time of her death, so I think that's reason enough for someone to assume there was at some point a good friendship there.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

I doubt that. It seems like it was kind of secret or rather unnoticeable bestfriend(or more who knows) kind of relationship, especially with how timid Midori is.

Midori herself has said multiple times her relationship with Tsugumi was rather one-sided. She knew that she wasn't special to Tsugumi. So what the nurse is saying actually makes sense. If anything, I'm not sure where Haru got the idea Midori and her mother were close. No one ever said they were.

Of course, Haru will think that her mom and Midore were close since Midori’s # was the only contact in her mom’s phone, and her mom will only talk about Midori when she’s telling Haru about middle school. And in the funeral, Haru saw Midori crying alone outside and even stood up, telling others that Tsugumi wasn’t what they’re talking about. Anyone who see it, they’ll think the two were close.

joined Jul 26, 2019

This is not true because Midori was silent and tsugumi systematically made the first step to talk... Moreover it was found in the adult tsugumi smartphone the number of Midori she had kept while there was no one else…
On the other hand, tsugumi has suddenly disappeared, which suggests a tragedy or her pregnancy may result... forced pregnancy?
Something abnormal happened and tsugumi didn't seem like a very hot girl...

last edited at Dec 14, 2019 7:14AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

On the other hand, tsugumi has suddenly disappeared, which suggests a tragedy or her pregnancy may result... forced pregnancy?

Well, it's certainly not the pregnancy, since she had Haru when she was 17, which would be some time after graduating from middle school.

joined Jul 26, 2019

Well, it's certainly not the pregnancy, since she had Haru when she was 17, which would be some time after graduating from middle school.

Her classmate (current nurse) says she suddenly disappeared at graduation. That's where I think there was an event, exactly at that moment, right?

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Yeah. Not sure the date entirely adds up but I kinda always assumed she was in a sexual relationship with a teacher, and then the whole "avoid a scandal by blaming the girl" thing happened ...

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

This is not true because Midori was silent and tsugumi systematically made the first step to talk... Moreover it was found in the adult tsugumi smartphone the number of Midori she had kept while there was no one else…

As the nurse said, Tsugumi got along with everyone. She was outgoing. There was nothing rare about her talking to a quiet introverted girl. It doesn't mean they were close. Midori herself doesn't think they were close either.

I do wonder why Tsugumi kept her phone. Maybe Midori made a stronger impression in her than she thinks. Either way, I don't think they were close.

last edited at Dec 14, 2019 10:46AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

It's actually unclear. Midori thinks they weren't close, especially since Tsugumi never kept in touch with her, but she did only keep Midori's phone number and talked about her to Haru, so it's being implied that she did consider Midori more special than others. There's a chance that Midori simply didn't pick on it, as she was distant from everyone else so she might not have a point of reference how close Tsugumi really was with everyone else compare to her.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Are we sure these are the right tags for the series? Age Gap and Yuri, specifically. I think we're still in subtext territory, or am I forgetting something being explicitly said? I know it seems obvious that Midori was in love with Tsugumi, but I don't remember that being confirmed.

last edited at Dec 14, 2019 11:46AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Are we sure these are the right tags for the series? Age Gap and Yuri, specifically. I think we're still in subtext territory, or am I forgetting something being explicitly said? I know it seems obvious that Midori was in love with Tsugumi, but I don't remember that being confirmed.

I can argue for Yuri/Subtext but Age Gap is kinda true even if it's not romantic.

joined Jul 26, 2019

It's actually unclear. Midori thinks they weren't close, especially since Tsugumi never kept in touch with her, but she did only keep Midori's phone number and talked about her to Haru, so it's being implied that she did consider Midori more special than others. There's a chance that Midori simply didn't pick on it, as she was distant from everyone else so she might not have a point of reference how close Tsugumi really was with everyone else compare to her.

If Midori hadn't even realized that tsugumi loved her much more than a simple friend, and that she could never confess to her, which would explain why she kept Midori's phone number and that she talked about it often to haru…
Tsugumi turning to a teacher or other by default....
The most dramatic thing would be that haru and Midori discovered that tsugumi had feelings of love with mido and that she did not feel it. It would be even more depressing.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

I can argue for Yuri/Subtext but Age Gap is kinda true even if it's not romantic.

The Age Gap tag has very obvious romantic implications.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

The art is so beautiful

Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

I just read through the entire thing and haru straight up said that her mom herself had referred to midori as her best friend at some point. I don't know why that wouldn't send the message that she was a lot closer than midori had perceived? It explains why she'd only kept midori's number as well. Despite going along with everyone, she never managed to stress how important midori was to her.

The deal with midori making bentos for tsugumi also clearly pointed to them being quite close. Tsugumi never showed any explicit interest in anyone else, and clearly valued midori's bentos.

last edited at Dec 14, 2019 6:34PM

Img_20190107_054630
joined Jan 26, 2019

In chapter 2, it clearly say that Tsugumi called Midori her best friend and that she was often mentionned when she was telling story of middle school, and she also was one of the few contacts in Tsugumi address book.

It's perfectly normal for Haru to think that Midori & Tsugumi were really close, even if Midori doesn't seem to feel like she was.

EDIT : Added links :
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/haru_and_midori_ch02#15

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/haru_and_midori_ch02#16

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/haru_and_midori_ch02#17

And :
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/haru_and_midori_ch02#36

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/haru_and_midori_ch02#47

last edited at Dec 15, 2019 2:01AM

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

In chapter 2, it clearly say that Tsugumi called Midori her best friend and that she was often mentionned when she was telling story of middle school, and she also was one of the few contacts in Tsugumi address book.

It's perfectly normal for Haru to think that Midori & Tsugumi were really close, even if Midori doesn't seem to feel like she was.

EDIT : Added links :
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/haru_and_midori_ch02#15

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/haru_and_midori_ch02#16

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/haru_and_midori_ch02#17

And :
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/haru_and_midori_ch02#36

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/haru_and_midori_ch02#47

These are great examples!
Also, I would like to put my 2 cents in that we have no clue what in the world Tsugumi was thinking about since we're in Midori's perspective. Why did she disappear? Why did she talk about Midori all the time? Why did she keep her number? There are a lot of unanswered questions and it wouldn't be fair to make assumptions without knowing everything.

It's also why Haru is so confused when someone mentions that Tsugumi and Midori weren't close when she's gotten the exact opposite impression from her mom and she knows that Midori cared about Tsugumi to some extent.

I felt this lol

joined Sep 6, 2018

The art is so beautiful

Yeah, it’s an eye-catcher. What really keeps readers glued is the plot/story, this latest chapter isn’t that great—no new information to move plot forward.

joined Sep 6, 2018

I don’t see this as “Age Gap” because the older person isn’t really providing a healthy environment for the younger one. All I see is just a flow of money, bankrolling the younger person who doesn’t need help due to her maturity.

So what, Midori let Haru homeless because she is "mature" and wasting her money ? Midori help a person in need, if Haru doesn't wanted to live here, i think she could have told so.

Eventually, Haru will figure it out that Midori isn’t the guardian for her and rather go it alone or go back to her lousy relatives— I mean, if her grandparents haven’t lifted a finger to help Tsugumi raise her kid or even give a damn about her schooling THERE’s a problem. I’m sure this will be explained away (if it’s bad storytelling) in later chapters.

I expect Haru’s grandparents to show up later. (“Hey, kid, loan me a dollar!”)

last edited at Dec 15, 2019 9:31AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

You're making lots of assumptions like you're criticizing the manga so far based on what you think it's gonna happen... And reading your previous comments is like you like Haru but really have it against Midori, that she doesn't care if Haru gets in a fight and doesn't have in her to get involved, that she can't take care of her and only throws money, that she seems like a sloth and finally that Haru would be better off with the family that didn't even want to get involved (unlike Midori who got mad at them even when she had no obligation at all) and hasn't showed up yet like... Is like they thought "Oh! good, now I don't need to deal with that!" and finally, saying that Haru is perfectly capable of taking care of her own... This is a 14yo girl you're talking about, if she becomes and adult with the last remaining years of her youth feeling abandoned and without affection, that's going to have serious repercussions.

In my case, I want them to be happy together, no matter what form that relationship takes... If they can grown closer and heal from that, then it's fine.

last edited at Dec 15, 2019 10:35AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.