Forum › Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl discussion

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Why is there so many manga where relationships are based on lies. And they continue to keep on the lie

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Why is there so many manga where relationships are based on lies. And they continue to keep on the lie

It's a cheap source of dramatic tension that doesn't require much creativity or effort. The longer they maintain the lie the longer they can go without having to think up new sources of conflict in the story.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

It's a cheap source of dramatic tension that doesn't require much creativity or effort. The longer they maintain the lie the longer they can go without having to think up new sources of conflict in the story.

Sounds about right. And then when the lie is revealed, the manga ends shortly after because the author's writing crutch is gone so all these lying chapters end up with puny payoff, nty

Diredead
joined Jul 1, 2019

SHE HAS A GAMER CHAIR

joined May 3, 2019

GAMER CHAIR

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Kanda needs to stop worrying about whether or not Ookuma would like her if she knew she was a girl, and start worrying about whether or not Ookuma would like her if she knew she was a gamer.

Received_643351983141764
joined Nov 24, 2019

I was literally talking about this manga with my sister yesterday XD

Img_20190130_105529
joined Jan 29, 2019

(. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)

Riamu
joined Aug 28, 2018

LOOK AT THE CHAIR
KANDA GAMER CONFIRMED

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Ookuma literraly give her the green light last chapter when she say she wouldn't be gross if Kanda was a girl (which she is ofc) so what give ? I know she seem to be insecure about the future of the relation as 2 girls and it's legitimate but not revealing her that you're a woman and still playing the man act ain't gonna help either in this regard. The sooner you reveal, the sooner you can deal with this problem with Ookuma and figure out how you want the relation to work.

On an another note i'm curious about Naru. Kanda said dude while talking about Naru and ask it to go out because she gonna change so i'm wondering if Naru is actually a crossdresser but then again i found that strange for a girl to share an appartement with a boy who isn't from her family.

Dude is a somewhat gender neutral term depending on context and who is using it. I have had several tomboy female friends that used "dude" often just as an informal way to address any friend including other girls at times. It is used more often when referring to a guy but its not definitive.

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

"Am I that thirsty..."

Yes, Kanda, you are THAT thirsty...

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

Ookuma literraly give her the green light last chapter when she say she wouldn't be gross if Kanda was a girl (which she is ofc) so what give ? I know she seem to be insecure about the future of the relation as 2 girls and it's legitimate but not revealing her that you're a woman and still playing the man act ain't gonna help either in this regard. The sooner you reveal, the sooner you can deal with this problem with Ookuma and figure out how you want the relation to work.

On an another note i'm curious about Naru. Kanda said dude while talking about Naru and ask it to go out because she gonna change so i'm wondering if Naru is actually a crossdresser but then again i found that strange for a girl to share an appartement with a boy who isn't from her family.

Dude is a somewhat gender neutral term depending on context and who is using it. I have had several tomboy female friends that used "dude" often just as an informal way to address any friend including other girls at times. It is used more often when referring to a guy but its not definitive.

Yup, lesbros do that.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Yes Kanda, that kind of thing would totally work out between two girls. You should read some yuri.

joined Aug 11, 2014

Lmao, her search results. "Hey, r/relationship_advice, my classmate (F22) mistook me (F21) for a guy, so I asked her out as a joke, but she accepted. We've been sorta dating for a few weeks, and she still hasn't noticed. I'm starting to feel awkward about it. Can I marry her?"

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

she's using "boku" in the original, so "dude" makes sense.

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Well duh, two girls can't date each other, it's impossible. I hear something along those lines almost every yuri series, kind of annoying at this point. Anyways, it's still a pretty good series at this point and I hope the misunderstanding of Kanda-kun's gender gets revealed soon, but probably not yet.

S-l225
joined Feb 14, 2014

Ngl i totally thought Naru was her sister or something. I didnt even consider "oh yeah roommates exist"

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I mean, having a real crossdresser would totally fit the manga.

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

Kanda needs to stop worrying about whether or not Ookuma would like her if she knew she was a girl, and start worrying about whether or not Ookuma would like her if she knew she was a gamer.

^ real talk right here.

On another note, I personally find this SUPER FUCKING CUTE so far. It really isn't too realistic (though I don't doubt how she can appear androgynous, just the relationshiop stuff), and Kanda's about as useless a lesbian as one can be, but the characters are so cute and gay that I'm able to blatantly ignore these factors...

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

"aw babe i want to hear your voice"
"k bb, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

So Ookuma is good with her fingers.............

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

Let‘s see for how long this lie is gonna continue

Matsumoto
joined Feb 4, 2013

I just want to say: USELESS LESBIANS.
Thank you for your attention.

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Why are people so upset about the misunderstanding in this manga? It's not even the focus. 90% of the story so far is the fluffy developing relationship between these two and Kanda realizing she might be (totally is) gay.
As for Kanda's constant repetition of "we're both girls"... are y'all just forgetting that gay marriage still isn't legal in Japan? Even if Ookuma is okay with it, Kanda is clearly suffering from some internalized homophobia, hence why she tenses up and stops herself whenever she feels something for Ookuma.
Also, as for any potential "forced drama" between these two, does that really sound like Mochi's style? Anyone?

joined Jun 12, 2019

man this is so cute and two girls can def be togeda stoppp

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Since this manga wants to keep a layer of tension and not have it just be a cute romance, I really hope Ookuma's parents become a problem soon. Then Kanda can reveal her gender, and Mochi can keep causing problems for their romance.

To reply you must either login or sign up.