Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Heavensrun posted:

Laws of Lesbiandynamics:

1) Conservation of Uselessness
2) Direction of angst transfer
3) No lesbian can reach absolute zero uselessness

"Yuridynamics" would probably be a better name since it has the same verbal flow as "thermodynamics" does.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

MagiMaki posted:

I just listed the most overused drama plot points I could think of in an instant. It's not "all" but the most boring ones that came to mind.

MagiMaki posted:

School yuri romance has few drama options anyway.
Nothing too exciting. Casual schoolgirl romance stories will always be the same.

Yea. Sure. Whatever you say.

Captura
joined Feb 7, 2018

Oh shit, here we go again.

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

No, you don’t have a chance, fuck off!

Kanistorshik_octavia_portrait_wallpaper
joined May 9, 2011

First we have Chidori with long hair and now Nanoha with short hair? Be still my dead heart!
Also, Mai really resembles Sendo Yuki from "She, Her Camera and Her Seasons"

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Heavensrun posted:

Laws of Lesbiandynamics:

1) Conservation of Uselessness
2) Direction of angst transfer
3) No lesbian can reach absolute zero uselessness

"Yuridynamics" would probably be a better name since it has the same verbal flow as "thermodynamics" does.

Solid point. Maybe we should co-author a paper on the field.

last edited at Dec 3, 2019 10:35AM

joined Feb 18, 2015

Here we go... So... it looks like the really tall girl is a kohai and she's had a longstanding crush on Nanoha. She even came to this school because of her and joined the basketball team because of her only to find out that she wasn't playing anymore. And now she's got this sympathy card she is playing and Nanoha is spending all of her time with her and, in no uncertain terms, neglecting her girlfriend.

Meanwhile, Mai saw them kissing and see this as her having a shot at getting what she's always wanted: her senpai as her girlfriend. Chidori is already jealous of the amount of time that Nanoha is spending with the girl so it's only a matter of time before she figures out that Mai is in love with her girlfriend as well. I expect that she'll try to tell Nanoha that her kohai is trying to steal her away from her and Nanoha will get mad because she will not believe her and accuse her of being jealous for no reason... (I know there is a fight coming up...)

Komomojpg
joined Aug 6, 2014

I wish they would focus on them coming out to their friends instead of drama seen 10^6 times already. Still this manga is pretty sweet.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Here we go... So... it looks like the really tall girl is a kohai and she's had a longstanding crush on Nanoha. She even came to this school because of her and joined the basketball team because of her only to find out that she wasn't playing anymore. And now she's got this sympathy card she is playing and Nanoha is spending all of her time with her and, in no uncertain terms, neglecting her girlfriend.

Meanwhile, Mai saw them kissing and see this as her having a shot at getting what she's always wanted: her senpai as her girlfriend. Chidori is already jealous of the amount of time that Nanoha is spending with the girl so it's only a matter of time before she figures out that Mai is in love with her girlfriend as well. I expect that she'll try to tell Nanoha that her kohai is trying to steal her away from her and Nanoha will get mad because she will not believe her and accuse her of being jealous for no reason... (I know there is a fight coming up...)

Nice guess about the cause of their fight. It's kind of funny though, you got the whole thing backwards.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I knew that bitch saw them kiss, but i was hoping that she would be like the friend from Adachi and Shimamura that just wanted to reconnect with Nanoha and not be a nuisance for the main couple, but i guess the hot senpai served that purpose already. Shame, i was beginning to sympathize with the kouhai.

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

Finally the new rival is here (in English) and she’s a fucking piece of shit. She was being a manipulative fucker in chapter 60 plus I wouldn’t call her feelings “love,” at least in my opinion. You wouldn’t want to ruin someone’s happy and healthy relationship if you actually cared for them, both as a friend and more. Idc if she decides to be supportive of Nanoha/Chidori’s relationship in the future, I don’t trust her nor dem high af eyes

If only the hawt senpai could come back, she’s a more enjoyable rival and I would have no qualms with her stealing chidori’s heart again

last edited at Dec 4, 2019 12:07AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Worth to mention she is still in the latest raw chapter up to date a.k.a Ch.77 so yeah she gonna stickaround alittle bit.

120x120px-ls-38203a65_avatar65018_8
joined Oct 27, 2011

I guess writing only about happy couple is too difficult for the author. I did think that this story might be different, just like A room for two. I was always waiting for another new innocent pure love idea from this serie to surprise me. But
again I see cheap dramas. π_π which is really saddd, especially this case.

last edited at Dec 4, 2019 8:21PM

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

Worth to mention she is still in the latest raw chapter up to date a.k.a Ch.77 so yeah she gonna stickaround alittle bit.

There’s 78 chapters and the latest one has a fascinating development. It seems that another girl has a crush on high af chan and she’s completely oblivious to it since she’s obsessing over Nanoha and Chidori

I’d rather see Nanoha/Chidori’s relationship deepen rather than wasted pages on high af chan’s jealousy bullshit. I adore this manga and Nanoha/Chidori’s sweet moments, but after nearly 80 chapters, I think they should evolve from going-into-a-blushing-frenzy-just-because-our-shoulders-touched phase. More intimacy and physical displays of affection would be wonderful

last edited at Dec 4, 2019 10:06PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I'm over the love triangle. \==___\==

last edited at Dec 4, 2019 10:25PM

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

I hate love triangles unless all three people are off being happy by the end of it, preferably with different partners. That's why I felt bad about the previous triangle with Inoue-san ending up hurt by the end, even though she deserved it. Ooooooooh, can she come back? I'm not asking for any particular, just wondering........

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

This is not even a love triangle. You need to have at least one part interested in the other to have a connection, therefore a triangle.
Mai is just someone interested in Nanoha.

joined May 1, 2013

I think it's pretty clear the author has no intention of making the central relationship very complex, so new characters causing things to happen is very welcome.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

snort "the bear saw too" Oh. Don't mind me. I've had the latest batch open in a webbrower for days but haven't had time to get current.

joined Apr 23, 2015

I guess writing only about happy couple is too difficult for the author. I did think that this story might be different, just like A room for two. I was always waiting for another new innocent pure love idea from this serie to surprise me. But
again I see cheap dramas. π_π which is really saddd, especially this case.

Or maybe they just don't sell or something. (Which would be a shame if true).
I haven't read a fan fic in well over a decade. I wonder how often they use love triangles.

Well. For the new girl in the story. I root for her to find someone. it just probably isn't who she's eyeing right now.

last edited at Dec 6, 2019 12:02AM

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I'd prefer it if the author doesn't just find someone for Mai to love to get rid of her. Wrapping up rivals just by having them conveniently find someone else always feels kind of fake. Also, there's more to her character than just being hung up on Nanoha. At its core, Mai's conflict is that she after being injured she decided to throw away her old life and chase after Nanoha. She avoids all her old friends, and her new friends are just Nanoha's friends. Her conflict is very similar to that of the main character of Koi wa Ameagari no You ni. She's chasing a hopeless love as a form of escapism.

So as a character, I think the natural completion of her arc will occur when she realizes she's running away from her problems and decides to actually address them. Her doctor said she might be able to play again if she went through physical therapy; maybe she'll do that. Or maybe she'll decide that she really doesn't want to play anymore, but she'll reestablish ties with her old friends. Falling in love with someone else might be part of that, but if that's all that happens, then she'll really just be avoiding her real problems in a different way. Her conflict won't be resolved until she can honestly say that it was her decision to stop leave the team, or she admits that she really wishes she could play.

last edited at Dec 5, 2019 11:20PM

joined Apr 23, 2015

I'd prefer it if the author doesn't just find someone for Mai to love to get rid of her. Wrapping up rivals just by having them conveniently find someone else always feels kind of fake. Also, there's more to her character than just being hung up on Nanoha. At its core, Mai's conflict is that she after being injured she decided to throw away her old life and chase after Nanoha. She avoids all her old friends, and her new friends are just Nanoha's friends. Her conflict is very similar to that of the main character of Koi wa Ameagari no You ni. She's chasing a hopeless love as a form of escapism.

So as a character, I think the natural completion of her arc will occur when she realizes she's running away from her problems and decides to actually address them. Her doctor said she might be able to play again if she went through physical therapy; maybe she'll do that. Or maybe she'll decide that she really doesn't want to play anymore, but she'll reestablish ties with her old friends. Falling in love with someone else might be part of that, but if that's all that happens, then she'll really just be avoiding her real problems in a different way. Her conflict won't be resolved until she can honestly say that it was her decision to stop leave the team, or she admits that she really wishes she could play.

I meant to same something about new girls issues.

I feel like most stories I've read haven't given the loser in the love triangle someone. Then again, I had been avoiding stories with love triangles.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I meant to same something about new girls issues.

I feel like most stories I've read haven't given the loser in the love triangle someone. Then again, I had been avoiding stories with love triangles.

I read a lot of stories with love triangles. And it seems like half the time some minor character gets promoted or some new person shows up out of nowhere just to square the triangle.

Those also tend to be the stories where Everyone Is Gay, so I guess they aren't really going for realism in the first place.

last edited at Dec 6, 2019 5:37AM

The chapters are out of order (60,Volume 5 Extras,63,62,61)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Chapter 63–another master class in characters’ facial expressions.

To reply you must either login or sign up.