Forum › A Room For Two discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Sakurako doesn't need to win in comparison, Kasumi's boobs are hers anyway. ;)

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch59_4#4 I almost feel like it's a Attack on Titan reference .

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

"Hello everyone. Thank you for joining us for the making of this audio CD. I'm the editor, F-san, and the one behind me who's creeping on all of you is Yukiko-sensei."

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Because it's a relationship between one girl who is in love, and another girl who pretends to be in love for free food. It's about as yuri as Railgun.

Ayy, another non believer. Cannot believe after all this time and all the proofs we had that there is some people who still think Kasumi is just here for the food.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch53#9
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch57_5#14
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch51#4

I don't know at this point,you really need to change your goggles if you can't see that Kasumi love Sakurako.

last edited at Dec 2, 2019 5:49PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Idk, i've better things to do that link every single things that prove that Kasumi care about Sakurako. I don't have the cure for blindness. If you can't see that she love each other then i can't do anything because it's pretty obvious at this point.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

That's by far of the wrongest view of the series i've read. I mean i know everyone can interpret things differently but how can you interpret it so badly ? Kasumi have done a lot of things for Sakurako and she don't have done it because she found Sakurako "convenient".

Kasumi is, at best, the coldest main character

She just have a laid back attitude. It's not that she doesn't care and can't do things, it's just she is lazy over all but she have prove to have get her shit together more than once.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

We'll never stop seeing this conversation here, will we?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Not till some still think Kasumi don't love Sakurako.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

What kind of proof do they need? Her proposing to Sakurako or something?

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

What kind of proof do they need? Her proposing to Sakurako or something?

Personally,

Some indicator of physical attraction (alternatively, an indicator of asexuality).

Some indicator of romantic attraction beyond slight fondness.

Something other than her brushing off every single advance Sakurako has ever made.

I think her total "yeah, why not" attitude to everything in life is totally incongruent with what romantic love is. Spending the rest of your life together shouldn't be on the same level as "ah, should we have chinese for dinner tonight?"

Kasumi is so unbelievably laid back, that if Sakurako left her, I think she'd say, "that sucks, now I have to make my own dinners," then proceed to never think about Sakurako again.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Because even her actually saying so isn't apparently enough...

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

luinthoron posted:

Because even her actually saying so isn't apparently enough...

But she doesn't actually mean it and only says it to satisfy Sakurako, so she can keep being lazy!

Also I'm tired of explaining why obvious kisses are kisses and are just poorly drawn.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I mean, sure, it would be an understandable mistake to believe it to be only that with the way she continues it later. If we didn't also have her mother's words on the previous page...

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ I feel like Nevri was sarcastic in their first paragraph...

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^I know. A lot of people do argue that, though.

last edited at Dec 3, 2019 6:17AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Based on previous post, igenetycs would totally say that. I know I shouldn't make fun of it, but I couldn't help it.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

It's OK, that in turn allowed me to also add a preemptive rebuttal.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Look, things people project onto stories with no evidence while totally ignoring or handwaving away tons of counter-evidence are true for them. And they get to pronounce those things in public as if they are truths without people thinking their opinions/interpretations are stupid.

It’s the brave new world of opinion-having.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Hey, here’s a great idea for a yuri series:

You take a dog-like girl and a cat-like girl, and you put them together, see? And the dog-like girl is energetic and runs around doing things for the cat-like girl, who just lays around and eats (you know, like cats do), and every now and then you get these scenes where the cat-like girl does the equivalent of giving the dog-like girl a dead mouse (only not really a mouse, because they’re actually girls) or comes up and licks the dog-like girl on the cheek to show her affection, and those are REALLY BIG DEALS, because the cat-like girl is usually kind of aloof and laid back. You know, like a cat. And they live together forever.

I dunno—too crazy for yuri?

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ That's the sort of satire (?) I live for

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

^ Damn, I'd swear I read story like that somewhere, but I can't remember where.

joined Aug 24, 2016

^ Damn, I'd swear I read story like that somewhere, but I can't remember where.

There's quite a few honestly, it very much falls into "known trope" territory. ... Not that this would stop me from reading another one.

On this general subject Yukiko Sensei's authorial style includes leaving out more intimate interactions between characters, this is pretty obvious from key interactions between both main characters and their friends.

In nearly all shown social contact even married couples are shown as playful or even a little sarcastic towards each other, much like real banter between those with long relationships. Personally I enjoy this style while also finding it a bit frustrating.

Any news about this supposed english release? I haven't seen it anywhere and the Gentosha listings don't seem to show it.

last edited at Dec 3, 2019 2:33PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

Any news about this supposed english release? I haven't seen it anywhere and the Gentosha listings don't seem to show it.

It's out for a while now under the name "Futaribeya", the sixth volume released just last month

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

I walked past the tree shop recently and they had that pink tree. It looked so unnatural and disgusting, I thought “who tf could buy such a trash?”, later I read this chapter...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I walked past the tree shop recently and they had that pink tree. It looked so unnatural and disgusting, I thought “who tf could buy such a trash?”, later I read this chapter...

Wait, you tell me that Pink Christmas tree exist ?

To reply you must either login or sign up.