Forum › Kanojo ni Naritai Kimi to Boku discussion

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

That teacher had to struggle for his whole life because of being aro.

Someone talks with the MCs for 10 minutes, *BAM* their whole life change and everything is solved.

Hime just had to talk 5 minutes with her parents and that crossdressing boy, and lo', depression is averted.

Being a MC makes life easy sometimes.

Well, understanding and supportive authority figures and friends do make a really big difference for a lot of LGBTQ youths and it's pretty clear that this teacher had none whereas the MCs have him, their parents and friends who aren't constantly invalidating them and making them feel ashamed of who they are.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

This manga might be taking weird turns... But the teacher smiling at the end of this chapter. Made me happy

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

hide the mc from the guy

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

^i read this comment before reading the chapter and thought you wrote, "hide the mic from the guy."
Was so disappointed that there was no rap battle.

last edited at Oct 17, 2019 7:35PM

joined Oct 27, 2018

This manga has me perpetually confuse about what is trying to say or do.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Well, it's nice that soccer guy actually IS a nice guy. I think he's confused everyone else in the story more than anything. It's not like he has any control over who he's attracted or anything. It seems to me that he and Hime and Akira will have to figure it out, which is refreshing in a sense? Rather than making him a villain or something.

I think the last chapter shows Akira's strong points, it's easy to confuse Akira for a weak character but really she's just carrying a lot of stuff and it's hard to do that. Like she understood the teacher right away, which a lot of people wouldn't. I wonder how Soccer boy is going to approach Hime now and how Akira will approach Soccer boy.

You know, this manga is a story about LGBTQ characters without being a story about just overcoming the opposition of the straight world. Not that there isn't some of that in there, but it's not what it's about, and there are a lot of supportive characters too. I like that aspect a lot. It doesn't have a sense of being separate from the world, which a lot of manga on this site seems to be. Male characters exist as actual characters. People interact. Parents exist, and some are supportive and some are not.

One of these days I'd like a yuri story where they actually meet and talk to the parents. Octave is one of my favorites, but I think it really could have had a story with meeting the parents which it lead up to but left hanging at the end. If I was to write a doujin it would be an Octave after story. The strength of this manga, despite feeling sometimes like an omnibook of LGBTQ, is that it doesn't exist entirely in a box.

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

So many plot twists! So much revelation!
This will probably end it tears all around, but it sure is interesting to read!

joined Apr 26, 2016

Creep Hime made it clear she doesn't like men

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Creep Hime made it clear she doesn't like men

She didn't, though? She's definitely into Akira, but liking a girl doesn't mean not liking guys. She's explicitly unsure of what is causing her feelings of discomfort. I mean, he JUST asked her a bunch of questions to try and lock that down, and her response was "I dunno". That's literally why he's asking her: to help her figure out if she doesn't like men, doesn't like being liked, doesn't like being liked by Hasegawa particularly, or just plain doesn't like Hasegawa. There are pretty clear context clues that he isn't doing this selfishly.

Capture%20_2019-08-15-23-46-48-2
joined Dec 1, 2017

"A bridge is also a social construct, but if it falls down, it can kill you."

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Don't ruin my Yuri ending hopes and dreams

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
whats this

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

This is getting stupider by the chapter.

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

More plot twists! And getting weirder (the twists) by the chapter too...

Yuri ending? If a girl who dresses like a boy dates a boy who dresses like a girl... isn't that still het? :-?

Hime and Akira would be the best Yuri ending, of course.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I am still impressed by the title and opening art for every chapter. The titles are oddly poetic. I wonder what it means to be a "formless tattoo."

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

I am still impressed by the title and opening art for every chapter. The titles are oddly poetic. I wonder what it means to be a "formless tattoo."

Bit like being a Rorschach pattern, perhaps.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kanojo_ni_naritai_kimi_to_boku_ch31#15
...... I hope he gets layed.... Wouldn't that be a random plot twist

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

When I see these teens, teachers and parents giving out life changing advice as if they were professionals and had everything figured out after meeting Akira or Hime about twice, it makes me want to scream.

These people need therapists. Not to "cure" them, but to allow them to understand themselves better. It's a real job, ffs,not something you do between class and a teashop.

Screenshot_2020-06-05%20dorian%20electra%20has%20a%20full%20on%20broment
joined Jun 20, 2017

When I see these teens, teachers and parents giving out life changing advice as if they were professionals and had everything figured out after meeting Akira or Hime about twice, it makes me want to scream.

These people need therapists. Not to "cure" them, but to allow them to understand themselves better. It's a real job, ffs,not something you do between class and a teashop.

It's definitely simplistic and not great storytelling, but is it really that upsetting? Kabi Nagata described experiencing some pivotal changes just from simple exchanges with random people, like when a stranger encouraged her to follow her dream of being a mangaka, and that was a real story and she was suffering from crippling depression.

Besides, I've never really seen a realistic depiction of therapy in manga or comics in general (the only exception being in Alison Bechdel's work.)

Not that there's anything wrong with your opinion, it's an interesting criticism that I'd like to understand better. Maybe it's just an issue of taste.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

God this is just a mess.

Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

I've completely lost track of this.

joined Oct 27, 2018

This manga is so god dang tiresome

Savage%20juno-min
joined Oct 17, 2017

Gotta agree, this has become a chore to read and impossible to care about. Maybe if there was space to breathe between the preaching grand monologues, maybe if the story and the relationships were focused on instead of talk about identity.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

(ch32) i kinda like these two together. i thought this chapter was cute.

(overall) i almost always have something i need to ignore/overlook in yuri. theres a lot of stuff thats cute, but then theres that one thing that makes me uncomfortable.i agree that this story can be a bit preachy, or feel like it's trying too hard to inject the author's feelings about lgbt issues. personally, id much rather have to overlook a positive message than questionable stuff, which is far more common. i think this is a step in the right direction, even if it is a bit much.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

(ch32) i kinda like these two together. i thought this chapter was cute.

(overall) i almost always have something i need to ignore/overlook in yuri. theres a lot of stuff thats cute, but then theres that one thing that makes me uncomfortable.i agree that this story can be a bit preachy, or feel like it's trying too hard to inject the author's feelings about lgbt issues. personally, id much rather have to overlook a positive message than questionable stuff, which is far more common. i think this is a step in the right direction, even if it is a bit much.

It'd be easier to overlook if it weren't 75% of the dialogue.

To reply you must either login or sign up.