Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

joined Apr 6, 2019

In the magazine serialization, there was an extra line (prolly editor comment) at the end of ch176. Right after Chie reveals that the guy who hit on her actually was in Hawaii and Ai says oh, never mind then, there was this final line at the bottom of the page that read:

"All males inside the Japanese borders, BEWARE!"

I thought it was funny. XD

joined Feb 18, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch176#10

Ai: WHERE IS THIS CONVENIENCE STORE CLERK I NEED TO KILL?!?!?!?

Screenshot_1644496801
joined May 20, 2018

Miyoshi x Ayano is so damn cute!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^^ Yup- he should thank his lucky stars he isn't closer lol

A2912
joined Apr 20, 2019

I like the recent trend of more Ayano and Miyoshi. Hnnng!

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

The looks in ch176 are lethal

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

Love how it shows how the author him/herself has grown to care for each character. Each girl feels so well developed as a character and they each are so interesting. Each chapter get better. I wish this manga was an anime. I think a studio that would do so well with this art style would be Kioani (of course they would tone down the echi) But Im perfectly fine with that I think the first few chapter were unnecessarily too pervy. But the Author has tone it down and each story feels cute relatable now. Of course it has it pervy moments but not like it was when it first started.

last edited at Nov 12, 2019 5:39PM

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

"Rainy Season in the Empire"

You'll notice all the girls have their own umbrellas. They don't share. All of them, no matter how close and lovey-dovey they are with their fated yuri partners, carry individual umbrellas over their heads.

All of them... except for one couple.

These two may look and act like airheads, but, when it comes to yuri, they are like giants towering over all the other couples in the series and smirking smugly at their collective uselessness.

It's also interesting that while the rest of the cast is in black and white, MahiMahi come out in (rainbow) colors... They also have canonically slept together... I think you've described them perfectly. They may be short but their giants of yuri!

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Huh... wha... never mind the "father" joke, where did that image came from!?
I don't remember seeing it.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

You'll notice all the girls have their own umbrellas. They don't share. All of them, no matter how close and lovey-dovey they are with their fated yuri partners, carry individual umbrellas over their heads.

All of them... except for one couple.

These two may look and act like airheads, but, when it comes to yuri, they are like giants towering over all the other couples in the series and smirking smugly at their collective uselessness.

It's also interesting that while the rest of the cast is in black and white, MahiMahi come out in (rainbow) colors... They also have canonically slept together... I think you've described them perfectly. They may be short but their giants of yuri!

Is hard to see, because of where they are placed, but Chie and Ai are also into one Umbrella, you can see Ai carring one, yet Chie has her hands on her back, fitting considering they are pretty much a cuple now yet no one (openly) knows about them.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Love how it shows how the author him/herself has grown to care for each character. Each girl feels so well developed as a character and they each are so interesting. Each chapter get better. I wish this manga was an anime. I think a studio that would do so well with this art style would be Kioani (of course they would tone down the echi) But Im perfectly fine with that I think the first few chapter were unnecessarily too pervy. But the Author has tone it down and each story feels cute relatable now. Of course it has it pervy moments but not like it was when it first started.

Kioani does amazing work, but a somewhat ecchi yuri series just isn't their style. I think this would be right up the alley for a studio like Doga Kobo since they like to dabble in yuri, don't shy away from a little ecchi and they can put out some pretty nice animation.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

You see Ayano, the clerk called you cute because he's not blind.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@adamatari By sleep together you just mean 'slept in the same bed' right? I dont recall these 2 being intimate - have they even kissed beyond jokey or friendship type kisses?

last edited at Nov 12, 2019 8:30PM

joined May 24, 2019

Is hard to see, because of where they are placed, but Chie and Ai are also into one Umbrella, you can see Ai carring one, yet Chie has her hands on her back, fitting considering they are pretty much a couple now yet no one (openly) knows about them.

I think it's not quite like that....

Ai is carrying an umbrella in her left hand, and she has Chie on her right side; if Ai was holding the umbrella over both of them, she would hold it in her right hand, so that half of it covers Chie who is at her right. Does that make sense?
We don't have a clear perspective coz too much of them is hidden... but the positioning makes me think Chie must have an umbrella of her own coz Ai is holding her umbrella in an only-for-herself way....

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

By kioani do you mean kyoani? If so, while they are amazing and have some stuff with a fair amount of yuri, they don't really do ecchi stuff much- also- I dont think they are up to doing any new shows any time soon.

joined Sep 6, 2018

I would buy the anthology of this manga, if it is ever published in English. This is an astounding work of art.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Huh... wha... never mind the "father" joke, where did that image came from!?
I don't remember seeing it.

bowling day of course

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

@adamatari By sleep together you just mean 'slept in the same bed' right? I dont recall these 2 being intimate - have they even kissed beyond jokey or friendship type kisses?

That's the joke.jpg

Honestly, even if they've never passed first base, they're further along than almost anyone else. Their ambiguous relationship is kinda the point for the series, but who says they aren't serious? The way I see it, their special treatment here is highlighting that - they're always holding hands, telling each other "I love you", and basically acting like a couple. It's only because we're looking from the outside and seeing them as a special exception to normal rules that we don't see that they've been a couple for a while when everyone else is still figuring it out.

Even in-universe they're seen as something like a special exception - it was mentioned that first year students consider meeting them a lucky charm somewhere? But everyone takes for granted they are together without thinking much about what that means.

Normally I wouldn't say this over one picture, but the contrast is too striking in context. The picture hit me right in the heart. I can't imagine that isn't on purpose.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Arguably the only reason the MahiMahi havent yet clued in and aren't fucking like rabbits is they're somewhat late bloomers who haven't yet grokked to the whole romance business, never mind now hanky panky. Though Yuu and Mari may be slowly rubbing off on them.

Aand_this_one_too_by_shiniez
joined Jan 19, 2013

Arguably the only reason the MahiMahi havent yet clued in and aren't fucking like rabbits is they're somewhat late bloomers who haven't yet grokked to the whole romance business, never mind now hanky panky. Though Yuu and Mari may be slowly rubbing off on them.

However in one chapter 134 Lets Fill Out The Regestration Forms Togther the Mahi Mahi couple did do the paper for marriage registration so they are a full on as close as Same sex can get to a married couple. Yuu and Mari did sign the offical marriage papers that Mari got during the trip to city hall for the redo that One of the Mahi Mahi group had messed up that was one of the couples sisters. No divorce either for Yui and Mari either as Mari refused to sign the divorce paper. I think these two couples along with Ai and Chie are the top level power couples of the Manga. Also some official art of the Artist is on here with Ai and Chie in wedding dresses getting married togther.

last edited at Nov 12, 2019 11:09PM

Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

Loooool I’m dying at this comment... but I think MahiMahi are too sweet to be smug. It’s more like they would laugh and giggle as they sprinkled Yuri feels across the land lol.

GET A ROOM YOU TWO!!!!!!!! lol.... chapter 176 is probably one of my favorite chapters, and one of my favorite Ayano/Miyoshi chapters. The details like the crumpled skirt that isn’t perfectly tucked underneath that hair tuck behind the ear all those facial expressions... aaaah it’s great I love it!!!

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

SaturnX posted:

It would be really frustrating if Ayano and Miyoshi were the most interesting or beloved characters, I think most of us remember A kiss And A White Lily For You, while some of the side couples were nice, others were... Well, it wouldn't hurt the manga if they weren't there and it only made the wait for the main couple to get together even worse.

But in this case, I really really like all the couples, I have my favorites of course but if I don't get resolution any time soon for the "Main" one I don't care because I'm enjoying the rest a lot xP ...... I even have a least favorite, and that's Ai x Chie! there, I said it :l they have the most lovely scenes but I find the rest of the characters more fun to watch.

Ai x Chie??? LEAST??? That's it, I'm revoking your yuri card.

Noooooooooooooo!! I paid a lot of money to get it in the black mark- GASP forget that!

Lo/ but to be honest, I think is because they're already together and happy so I don't know what should I expect, and the other pairs have quirks or certain inclinations that makes them more exciting, and the ones who aren't really a couple yet have some crazy contrast compared to Ai and Chie, they're the cute and popular x cool and popular. Nobody gets in their way and they don't seem to struggle anymore...

Remember before, Ai had some complex about her body but that was settled already and Nononon is the one dealing with that now for real.

No I totally get it, newer couples that haven’t ‘blossomed’ are a bit more rejuvenating. They’re definitely one of the more developed couples, especially with the bowling chapter. Everyone else was giving kisses like it’s whatever but with them, that exchange alone signifies their relationship to be more than just friends kissing friends. Their type of kiss is something to be done when both of them are ‘alone’. IMO, even though they pretty much have acquired this lovey dovey relationship, it’s still refreshing to read their chapter because I know they took a bit to get to where they stand now, especially through the drought/hiatus where no chapters were being translated. They were one of my favorite originals, along with Ayano/Miyoshi so maybe I just have a soft spot for them.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

In defense of Chie x Ai, I think they're my favorite couple (aside from maybe Mio x Shizuka). I can see how they're less exciting for being more or less "established", but that also means their flirting doesn't have any of that "are her feelings really getting across" tension. IMO that makes it come across much more fluffy and healing. Plus Chie is just the cutest out of the whole cast so how can I not appreciate her.

joined Oct 24, 2019

ayano x miyoshi please become girlfriend already, miyoshi look really lonely when ayano talk about the clerk guy
i bet my ass off that miyoshi have the same feeling for ayano, she is just really dense LOL

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yuu and Mari all the way.

Because it's a dom/sub relationship that just works. And they have sex already, contrary to all of the other couples.

To reply you must either login or sign up.