Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Me: (reaching Volume 14) OH THATS WHAT THAT IS!!

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

tl;dr: I think Haruka gives off those little yandere vibes because that's how she feels about herself, but she's actually just a kid with a crush who likes her back.

Did not see the yandere vibes, just a sly women trying to turn her dense study partner into her girlfriend lol
Kanae is so innocent, I can only imagine how corrupted she'll get

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

On a sidenote, I hope the author really releases some of these yaoi comics because THESE ARE THE FUNNIEST THINGS EVER. I see this running joke of fujoshis being able to make anything into a gay comic, I'm starting to believe it. Someone with more Fujoshi friends, please tell me the real tea!!

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

That thank-you letter was priceless :D

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Hmmmm, why you seeing glimpses of DAT bish in yo mind Boa-chan?! Focus on your god damn yaoi manga!! or is this perhaps a flash of inspiration to switch over to the Yuri side of manga?
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch173#13
I lold pretty hard at this.... And again at Onibis thankyou letters hentai-chan... And then some more at the rest of the credits pages

last edited at Nov 11, 2019 7:10AM

joined Jul 26, 2019

Yes, the kaoru / mask couple is clearly the one who denotes in relation to the others.
On the one hand, we have the most powerful seductress who literally fell in love and confessed to her and, on the other hand, a cold girl who rejects her (for the moment), it is the only potential couple in the manga who is in this situation.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I don't think Kanae can really picture herself in a romantic context at all so Haruka really first needs to get her receiver tuned to the same station, so to speak. I get the impression the way the former keeps awkwardly shrugging off some fairly obvious signals is her way of coping with an concept she can't really process (on top of the usual uncertainties of interpretation ofc).

After all, outside her StuCo role she tends to be pretty quiet and withdrawn even with friends - I suspect the idea she might actually be the focus of someone's attention like that confuses her greatly.

On another note Michiru definitely got the hint and hastily committed a third wheel, exit stage left. :P

As far ask Mask and Kaoru go whatever else Bou-chan might feel in regards to her admirer I think the key phrase here was "something only I possess" in the context of her creative frustration. Fresh novel stimulus outside what you're used to is one of the better ways to get those gears turning again and Kaoru's certainly by far the furthest from her usual associates in terms of people she knows. Bonus points for the whole "school Casanova is head over heels for you whether you want it or not" being a storyboard basis all by itself I suppose...

Speaking of, isn't this Kaoru's first appearance in over a volume or so? The unnamed girl in the library may have shaken her out of her funk but she's apparently treating Mask's fuck-off verdict with due seriousness and keeping her distance. Probably been passing the time flirting with random pretty girls in the meantime.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Haruka hang in thereeee!!! you'll need to be a liiiiiiiittle more aggressive but I believe it's gonna work!

Bou chan (mask) wow I was really shocked to see her in tears, she really really admires Onibi! also yeah I want at least one of the yaoi stuff to get their own spin off xD is just soooo freaking crazy!

Maybe Kaoru went to the mountains for training, trying to seduce female bears

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Haruka hang in thereeee!!! you'll need to be a liiiiiiiittle more aggressive but I believe it's gonna work!

Bou chan (mask) wow I was really shocked to see her in tears, she really really admires Onibi! also yeah I want at least one of the yaoi stuff to get their own spin off xD is just soooo freaking crazy!

Following on the steps of Yurika from Yurika's Campus Life, hmm?

joined Jul 26, 2016

Watch out Yurika!

Inkede_li-convertimage%20(1)
joined May 10, 2018

tl;dr: I think Haruka gives off those little yandere vibes because that's how she feels about herself, but she's actually just a kid with a crush who likes her back.

Did not see the yandere vibes, just a sly women trying to turn her dense study partner into her girlfriend lol

She is not innocent tho, she was trying to look at girls from the bottom of the pool and doing pervert things like that in the first chapters

last edited at Nov 11, 2019 3:13PM

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

She is not innocent tho, she was trying to look at girls from the bottom of the pool and doing pervert things like that in the first chapters

Yeah, it was kinda easy to forget that Kanae was one of the OG giant lesbians, given that between then and now she had a big friendship related arc with her getting to know the other girls that didn't even have Yuri subtext involving her.

Chapter 175: "Take a hint bitch, you're a third wheel."

Also, I'm super hyped for this volume, seeing some great MahiMahi content on the horizon.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

I don't get some of the jokes the editors put in the credits.

Is "Sexy Chad" a reference to something?

And what's with asking for "Crumb of Pussy"? I never heard it worded like that before.

Oh, but this one was perfect:

"Cinnamon roll, too good for this world, too pure" and "A person of possibly dubious character" lol. A relationship perfectly described. XD

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Btw 174.2 and 175 are from Vol.14 not Vol.13.

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

Uhh... What’s the difference between speed and velocity? They translate the same way to my language, and in the simplest case it’s a distance divided by time, no?

joined Jul 26, 2016

Uhh... What’s the difference between speed and velocity? They translate the same way to my language, and in the simplest case it’s a distance divided by time, no?

Quick, to the Wikimobile!

Difference between speed and velocity

Speed, the scalar magnitude of a velocity vector, denotes only how fast an object is moving.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

KasexYamada posted:

I don't get some of the jokes the editors put in the credits.

Is "Sexy Chad" a reference to something?

And what's with asking for "Crumb of Pussy"? I never heard it worded like that before.

Oh, but this one was perfect:

"Cinnamon roll, too good for this world, too pure" and "A person of possibly dubious character" lol. A relationship perfectly described. XD

Chad is a meme, you'll find more about if you look "chad vs virgin" but in short, the name Chad is usually associated to someone too cool.

May I have a crumb of

a Disney movie reference

last edited at Nov 11, 2019 5:57PM

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

A more direct translation there in the credits.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Oh... the joke... is no longer a joke... this, I hope, means something.
PLEASE MEAN SOMETHING!

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

I think this quote pretty much sums up Haruka and Kanae at this point:
"...two people are walking around a pond at different speeds to the opposite directions..,"

Eventually, one way or another, those two people will meet in the same space.

joined Nov 27, 2015

Honestly excited about Kaoru x Bou-chan's storyline. Obviously Bou-chan will use Kaoru for her yaoi manga inspiration and Kaoru will continue to be humbled by Bou-chan's coldness. I'm just really curious of how they'll probably end up together so can't wait for more of that development. Also so happy for Kanae, she's so close to getting a gf just like she deserves!

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Chad is a meme, you'll find more about if you look "chad vs virgin" but in short, the name Chad is usually associated to someone too cool.

May I have a crumb of
https://i.imgur.com/ksLOUla.gif
a Disney movie reference

Thanks! <3 I really had no idea about those.

Btw, rereading 174, Onibi's letter is actually kinda scary. Like one of those letters saying "I know you did something wrong!" which are the opening move for a blackmail attempt. If I was Nao, I'd be very afraid.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Btw, rereading 174, Onibi's letter is actually kinda scary. Like one of those letters saying "I know you did something wrong!" which are the opening move for a blackmail attempt. If I was Nao, I'd be very afraid.

"Leave xxxxx yen in small bills in a paper bag in your shoe locker, or I'll tell the teachers what I saw and you'll be expelled!"

The horror!

Nah, I don't think so. It just ain't Onibi's style.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

"You'll be my sex slave from now on, bitch! Or else I'll tell the teachers!"

That sounds more like it. :P

I can imagine Nao being totally thrilled and excited by it, too, lol.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

"Rainy Season in the Empire"

You'll notice all the girls have their own umbrellas. They don't share. All of them, no matter how close and lovey-dovey they are with their fated yuri partners, carry individual umbrellas over their heads.

All of them... except for one couple.

These two may look and act like airheads, but, when it comes to yuri, they are like giants towering over all the other couples in the series and smirking smugly at their collective uselessness.

To reply you must either login or sign up.