Forum › Unrequited Yuri Love discussion

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Useless lesbians.

joined Apr 5, 2015

The title isn't very accurate though is it? I mean Is it really unrequited when they are both in love with each other? They have not told each other, sure, but that doesn't make it unrequited- just not shared yet.

I suspect it is because the literal meaning of the word in Japanese. The word "kataomoi" is translated as "unrequited love" because that is what it means in practical terms. One loving another without being loved back. However, if we break the word apart we get something like "fragmented emotion" instead. Again, the word does mean "unrequited love", but because of its literal meaning, I suspect it is easier for the Japanese to make a play of word and use it slightly different in a way that is not befitting to the English "unrequited" love.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Wait... so basically, it's a pun?

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

That moment on the swings gave me the heartiest laugh I've had in a while. I don't know why that was so funny to me.

5078c11faafb542156639addbfc83dc4440cf9d2_hq
joined Apr 22, 2018

Lol these useless lesbians needa just go for it

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Rather than unrequited I'd call it a case of dense and airheaded.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

That moment on the swings gave me the heartiest laugh I've had in a while. I don't know why that was so funny to me.

It's because the sound effect when the swing hits Yuina in the face is not just the big "slam" on the right, it's also the sneaky little "peek" on the left. Yuina couldn't care less about the smack and the pain, as long as she gets her peek at Maya's panties.

Also, I as well imagined something different when I saw the name of the manga... I thought it would be about a yuri chick in love with someone who doesn't return her feelings, not about two useless lesbians who are crazy in love with each other BUT who have the unshakable, unmovable belief that their love is unrequited and no amount of evidence will persuade them otherwise.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I was gonna say something,then I learned there is a chapter 0....it's a bit sad now...kinda repressed feelings thing...oh well, it can't get too complicated the way it's drawn so I wanna think it'll end up good.

please please please translate faster

put it in a text file for me xd

last edited at Oct 28, 2019 1:04PM by

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

That girl is mega gay

38611606_p02
joined Feb 17, 2019

It's okay, Yuina, you can always ask Sana-chan for advice...
Or not-

joined Feb 18, 2015

Mutually unrequited love?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I was gonna say something,then I learned there is a chapter 0....it's a bit sad now...kinda repressed feelings thing...oh well, it can't get too complicated the way it's drawn so I wanna think it'll end up good.

I'm not sure I'd say it was sad- their current situation I mean. They both seem quite happy atm and I'm sure they will both hook up before long.

But I did feel sad for little Maya when she was told girls can only kiss boys like that and how she started trying to avoid getting too close to Yuina in middle school - but at least they got past that.

The only hang up left from it is it seems Maya thinks she has to hide her feelings - and makes her more oblivious to how Yuina acts.. But like I said I'm sure they will make it together in the end.

@zensunni more like mutually requited :) and mutually unspoken.

last edited at Oct 28, 2019 2:13PM

joined May 20, 2013

Why is there so much confusion about what happened when?

• Kindergarten: their first kiss & Maya's trauma
  • Elementary school: avoidance & arguing (Yuina cutting her hair)
  • Middle school: Maya helping Yuina getting into the same high school
  • High school: present (they are 17)
F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

You know, even if this starts with a similar premise as "We can't draw love!" it feels soooooooooooo much better! lol, like we still have useless lesbians but this makes me go Awwwww :3 and the other makes me go YIKES D:

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

I was expecting angst and big feels, instead I get diabetes-inducing cute.

I'm not disappointed. This is hella cute

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I was expecting angst and big feels, instead I get diabetes-inducing cute.

I'm not disappointed. This is hella cute

One dares say that we all have been searching for copper, and instead found gold.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

That cutting hair scene is low-key scary and disturbing

Eh. If it had happened when they were older I’d be inclined to agree with you, since it would come across as manipulative, but considering they’re supposed to be in elementary school at that point, it just comes off as a small child throwing a fit and doing something stupid/irrational, which is far more innocent and mildly cute in its own way.

joined Jul 26, 2016

^ Sort of like those "I'll hold my breath until I die" tantrums small children sometimes do (and are confused why the adults refuse to take the threat seriously).

0013%20-%20copy
joined Feb 8, 2019

1st time look at the title i thought it's gonna be another gay drama but turn out quite cute & interesting.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

This also reminds me of the hime-cut and bob/antena-chan series of pics - but from before they became a couple.

As far as I remember we've never had flashbacks to how they were before they were a couple- or how long they have been a couple- But I can imagine something like with this story, with them both being in love but not saying it for ages even tho they were all clingy.

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Considering how the prologue went, the two girls' roles have been completely reversed from how I thought their relationship was going to go.

Tail_nap_by_twokinds-dc7pz78
joined Aug 11, 2016

I can relate

This is citrus after mei starves her lover for too long

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

"Thus far".

To me, it sounds like "I like you the most, until I meet someone better, eventually. If not, I'll settle for you".

To reply you must either login or sign up.