Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

joined Oct 5, 2016

I think the big change we saw in Shima comes from a bit of introspection after the trip to Nagoya with Tarumi, and then just the hilariousness of her "date" with Adachi following almost exactly the same pattern. Two trips to Nagoya and having to run for the train? Check. Overcrowded with only one seat in the corner? Check. Same chocolate store? Check. It was like her trip with Tarumi was simply an ironic practice run...

Yeah, it felt like Shimamura's thought process was like

"Man I'm being kind of a shitty friend to Tarumi. But then that's just how I always am. Well, no, I guess that's not true, I don't want to be like this to Adachi, she's important to me."

It's not like she had an Adachi-style "oh man I'm totally gay" moment, but it did kinda give her some clarity. Not that like she needs to make more of an effort for Adachi's sake, but that she wants to all on her own.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I think the big change we saw in Shima comes from a bit of introspection after the trip to Nagoya with Tarumi, and then just the hilariousness of her "date" with Adachi following almost exactly the same pattern. Two trips to Nagoya and having to run for the train? Check. Overcrowded with only one seat in the corner? Check. Same chocolate store? Check. It was like her trip with Tarumi was simply an ironic practice run...

I wanted to say something to this effect as well. but sadly I'm not talented enough with the words yo.

Other thoughts.

Like the sketches from the anime someone shared. Would have liked them to keep the height difference in this story but I'm sure it will be fine.

These spoilers are for stuff that happened in what's been released here so far.
"I want her" woo! dem declarative statements!

Hmm. Didn't this thread actually start with people saying the yuri was only subtext?
I'd actually still love this story even if it wasn't yuri and just a tale of friendship

then the author said in the notes that it is a romantic comedy and most of their stories are?

also from the author, if I remember correctly. They played Neir? heh. I played Automata but watched the entire play-through for the 360 one. Interesting game.

If praying like Adachi does work, I'm doing that to get my main in the next Guilty Gear game.

That blue kid.
Don't really care for her but curious what the whole brethren hunt means for the overall narrative, if anything.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

P248, "We got to the second floor, and as I bought tickets from the machine there, I was reminded of Adachi.
I could more or less guess how she would react if she was to see me with another friend. And I didn’t want that to happen.
Not again."

Hm? "Not again"? I can only recall this happening when she was with Nagafuji, but Shimamura doesn't know Adachi saw them or how she felt. Did I miss or am forgetting something?

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

P248, "We got to the second floor, and as I bought tickets from the machine there, I was reminded of Adachi.
I could more or less guess how she would react if she was to see me with another friend. And I didn’t want that to happen.
Not again."

Hm? "Not again"? I can only recall this happening when she was with Nagafuji, but Shimamura doesn't know Adachi saw them or how she felt. Did I miss or am forgetting something?

Maybe Yashiro? Adachi run away the first time she saw Yashiro talking with Shimamura.

joined Aug 19, 2019

Not again."

She's talking about when Adachi saw her walking with Nagafuji and Hino for the first time, aka Adachi's famous bridge fence scene. It's from the first chapter of the story.

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

Not again."

She's talking about when Adachi saw her walking with Nagafuji and Hino for the first time, aka Adachi's famous bridge fence scene. It's from the first chapter of the story.

makes most sense to me

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Life kicked my ass hard in terms of giving me free time, but when I had it I was sure to spent those small instances reading the 3 chapters. If I'm going to comment on anything it obviously has to be Shima catching a glimpse of Adachi jumping with glee at the end, I mean c'mon, how much more adorable can she get? Lastly, as always thanks to everyone working on translating this series, it is very much appreciated.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

A week or so later but I finally got to read the latest chapters!
I would also like to thank sneikkimies for all the work you've put into this series, it's one of mmy current favorites!

The fourth one is apparently the worst of the bunch, so look forward to that, I guess.

The worst one cause is the weakest of the volumes as far as writing and development goes or it just has stuff that bothered so is the least liked one? or a different kind of worst?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Did the reflexion of Shimamura after seeing the name of Adachi is suposs to say she is the girl of the flashback ? I'm pretty sure it isn't because i don't think Shima is that dumb to forget someone from 3rd middleschool in 1year highschool , moreover when the girl in the flashback seem to have the hot for Adachi. My personal funny theory is that the girl in the flashback is Tarumi.

Rps20190516_131448
joined Feb 8, 2019

How long do i have to wait until both of them go full-gay?

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Imagine being Adachi's Adachi. Poor girl.

joined Oct 16, 2019

big gasp

I wasn‘t expecting a new chapter when I casually refreshed the page at 3:30 am, but as it actually happened, I had to read it instantly. I was pretty confused at first, whose perspective was it we read the first half of the chapter from? A classmate by Adachi from middle school? Would be interesting to learn more about it, if it‘s something clearer later on this volume, you can tell me so, cuz then I don‘t want to be spoiled. Judging how that person thought about her, I wouldn‘t be surprised if they were crushing at her (it wasn‘t even clear if it was a girl or boy‘s pov, but judging the gayness of this LN, I‘d assume it‘s just a female classmate).
Big far-fetched assumption of mine: It‘s the girl from page#0003 that dropped something
Ignore my assumption above, I just realised Adachi is wearing the same school uniform in that one as in highschool sooooo wrong mee

And yeah, let‘s stuck with Adachi haha I know I could get used to reading Sakura instead, but Adachi just feels more unique in terms of character names which would make it easily associate it with her.

Once again I wanna thank the people working on the translation and quality-check, I love you!

last edited at Oct 27, 2019 11:42PM

Yuriloveisbestlove
joined Feb 15, 2019

That was great, I like how we are reminded of the kind of person that Adachi used to be. Actually it further reinforces how cold and unemotional she used to be before she met Shimamura. Ice cold Adachi is cool, but I far more enjoy the shy ball of fluffy embarrassment that she is now.

She needs to apologize to her "Adachi" if they ever meet again (I really hope they do too) and thanks for the translating you do sneikkimies, you do some amazing work.

last edited at Oct 27, 2019 11:59PM

joined Oct 16, 2019

I don‘t know if it‘s the tiredness but I don‘t get it

joined Apr 23, 2015

Super interesting. I kinda want the character that worked with Adachi in the library to make a reappearance. Will read the rest of the bonus story tomorrow. Suppose to have been asleep hours ago. ^^;

last edited at Oct 28, 2019 11:47AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Does flashback-girl ever reappear? Or get a name?

Also, that was a lot of Hino

Yuriloveisbestlove
joined Feb 15, 2019

Also, that was a lot of Hino

I don't know, I quite enjoyed it, Nagafuji is making way more progress than Adachi is, but to be fair her and Hino have been friends since childhood. I'm not sure why but I was way too exited when I learned Adachi's, then Hino's, first names.

last edited at Oct 28, 2019 12:35AM

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Tbh, I kinda like that Adachi... like an ice, snob and doesn’t mind anything. Awkward Adachi is cute but sometimes I want her to act like normal even in front of Shimamura but what can do, she’s in love lol.

Nagafuji and Hino tandem is no doubt adorable.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

I love the first part. Who was that anyway? Her narration is so good and so bittersweet. Adachi was so different back then. Seems like she is way way colder before (even colder than Shimamura). I would have love to see more of that side of her. Why is the girl calling Adachi by her first name? And why is Adachi not bothered by it? Do they have the same surname or something? So many questions in my mind, I do hope the future chapters will answer this.

last edited at Oct 28, 2019 4:59AM

Img_20190418_023052-min
joined Mar 16, 2019

Hmm... Hit me with some more Nagafuji's shenanigans please. She's alpha as fuck, if she wants something, she'll get it.

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

Oh. Thank you!

I don't understand why I like this so much... but this is just great. Ending in volume 3 was just perfect with Shimamura seeing Adachi.

And I don't have any complaints about this new one either. Nagafuji is almost always interesting (and "alpha as fuck").

joined Jan 25, 2017

What a good bunch of kids. Thanks again, Sneik

joined Aug 19, 2019

Why is the cover illustration looks different? It looks like a close up.

The first thing I think about whenever volume 4 is mentioned is the library girl. I wished for her reappearance after what happened in vol 5

joined Apr 23, 2015

Why is the girl calling Adachi by her first name? And why is Adachi not bothered by it?

I always, without fail, forget that's a thing! To be honest. I can hardly ever remember anyone's first or last name when it comes to anime and manga.

But Hino's first name is Akira? That's the coolest Japanese name of all time . . . According to this poll . . . In which I was the only participant. ^_^ so it means bright and clear? And is gender neutral? because I know of male and female characters with the name.

I never mind a decent amount of side character attention.

Adachi sure was different not so long ago. Shimamura causes Adachi.exe to malfunction on the regular nowadays.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Best line of the day - “Yes sir! I’ll make sure to use the whip more liberally.”

Oh, Adachi... Way too late, Shima already saw it, and more. ^_^ Also, your Electrochemistry isn't high enough to stop The Expression from happening

Oh, I also do like the chapter titles of this volume. Reminds me of I am Ikon.

last edited at Oct 28, 2019 3:38PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.